Your five favorite comedy films.

In no order Marx Bros Night at the Opera, Monty Python Search for the Holy Grail and Life of Brian, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, Laurel and Hardy They go Boom. I Guess you can see I like slapstick.

The Jerk is funny but the funniest lines would offend those without backbones in 2021. Something About Mary...funny movie as well poking fun at various things in life but again, some would not appreciate some of the humor.

Nobody's mentioned National Lampoon's Animal House? Now come on....that's my number one pick that's still hilarious to watch lol

... Monty Python Search for the Holy Grail ...

Also ... perhaps the most graphically violent movie ever ... yes, blood spurts out under pressure in Real Life™ ... very rarely does a movie show that, and in Holy Grail it's ubiquitous ... The Boys almost got their financing yanked because of the Black Knight scene ... seriously, that's way over the top even by today's standards ...

No one talks about how God awful many peasant women used house cats to beat their rugs clean ... four or five scenes have this in the background ... that'll be over the top violence forevermore ...

"I'm not dead yet" ... c'mon ... you can't do that in a movie ... you people are sick sick sick sick sick ...

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. Friday the 13th 1234 and 5
3. Scream
4. Halloween
5. Freddy vs Jason

:badgrin:

The Jerk is funny but the funniest lines would offend those without backbones in 2021. Something About Mary...funny movie as well poking fun at various things in life but again, some would not appreciate some of the humor.

Nobody's mentioned National Lampoon's Animal House? Now come on....that's my number one pick that's still hilarious to watch lol
Indeed,hard to believe nobody mentioned it prior to you,when I mentioned it in my post,I had not even seen your post at the time or anybody else’s so I was not even thinking about it when I listed.I am also flabbergasted nobody on here has mentioned my favorite stripes,except for the blues brothers,that blows away all the other favorites of mine by a long shot.I saw that at the theatres multiple times when it first came out.

1.stripes
2 blues brothers
3.caddy shack.
4.animal house
5.coming to America.
Good list. I have all those dvds.
As I just got done saying,I am flabbergasted nobody even mentioned my favorite stripes,other than the blues brothers,none of the others I mentioned in those top five I think are anywhere near as funny as that one.that one had me laughing so hard the first several times I saw it my stomach would be hurting each time,they don’t make them like they used to back then anymore.

Forum List

Back