Your First Horror Film

What was the first horror film you remember seeing?

How old were you?

What effect did it have on you?

Mine was King Kong (1933). RKO released it to TV in 1957, when I was four-years-old. The parents debated whether to let me watch it, but acquiesced after much begging.

I loved it, and after that my Dad took me to every horror film HE wanted to see, including some Mom would have vetoed. :113:

Jaws.... saw it when it came out at the drive in..... in 1972. I was about 5 and was on the top of my stepfathers car roof , watching it wrapped in a blanket... hearing everything over all those old metal box speakers they used to hang in the car window.... it was pretty damn terrifying at the time.
Jaws was another one I hated when I was a kid..that music still gets me.

Yes, because of that I was afraid of going into beach water for the longest time.

How old were you?

Mine was King Kong (1933). RKO released it to TV in 1957, when I was four-years-old. The parents debated whether to let me watch it, but acquiesced after much begging.

I loved it, and after that my Dad took me to every horror film HE wanted to see, including some Mom would have vetoed. :113:

Jaws.... saw it when it came out at the drive in..... in 1972. I was about 5 and was on the top of my stepfathers car roof , watching it wrapped in a blanket... hearing everything over all those old metal box speakers they used to hang in the car window.... it was pretty damn terrifying at the time.

Yes, because of that I was afraid of going into beach water for the longest time.
We ( my cousin and I) used to have to walk past the movie theatre with the big Shark logo to get to swimming lessons. We would run past it as fast as we could because it freaked us out.

How old were you?

The first horror film that really got to me was a Dracula flick. I carried a cross in my pocket for weeks after seeing it. I was 10 or so I think.

I hate horror movies and I don't watch them anymore. (I'm careful about what I put into my mind.)

But to answer the question, I think it was probably Rosemary's Baby.

How old were you?

We ( my cousin and I) used to have to walk past the movie theatre with the big Shark logo to get to swimming lessons. We would run past it as fast as we could because it freaked us out.

Hilarious! thats pretty cute

How old were you?

I was forced to watch driver safety films, dead bodies and carnage from the 50s back in the 70's. I always wear my seat belt, laws or not....

How old were you?

I was forced to watch driver safety films, dead bodies and carnage from the 50s back in the 70's. I always wear my seat belt, laws or not....

Yup. "Signal 30"

Forum List

Back