Your favorite works of art.

Marianne

Diamond Member
May 15, 2014
The frozen Northeast
Any type of art, popular or not, what's your favorite works of art?

I normally don't like anything with an industrial feel to it but for some reason I like this painting by Georgia O'Keeffe.

East River from the 30th story of the Shelton Hotel 1928.

6962544372_e2c59c24a7_b.jpg

Glass artwork by Dale Chihuly. Picture doesn't do it justice.

Phipp's Conservatory has several Chihuly displays on permanent display and they are truly breath taking. I am fascinated my glass sculptor.

Cool thread btw!

Phipp's Conservatory has several Chihuly displays on permanent display and they are truly breath taking. I am fascinated my glass sculptor.

Cool thread btw!
A New Britain Museum of American Art has this one on display, it's gorgeous! I love blue glass so I was in awe when I saw this.

Death of De Soto by Johann Mongels Culverhouse

I don't find the subject matter particularly interesting but when you see the use of color and light in this painting you can't help but like it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
The Cycle of Terror And Tragedy;September 11. 2001 by Graydon Parrish. This picture takes up an entire wall so it's hard to get a defined picture of the whole thing.

Last edited:

I normally don't like anything with an industrial feel to it but for some reason I like this painting by Georgia O'Keeffe.

Everything by MC Escher. Most of Salvador Dali. Just about any nature shot looks great as a poster. And Edouard-Henri Avril's classical erotic works are excellent. Lotta ancient Greek sorta stuff. Am a fan of the period. :)

I am mostly a classics guy-

I am a fan of Pieter Breughal the elder-
upload_2015-7-15_16-59-3.jpeg

Cool thread btw!

Another bump for Chihuly- his work is fantastic- he has a fantastic museum right at the base of the Space Needle in Seattle.

Forum List

Back