Your favorite Tom Cruise movies.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Yeah, he's a scientology nut and everything, but I think he's a pretty good actor and film producer. Thomas Cruise Mapother IV...

He's been in close to 50 films, starring in most of them. I've liked him since The Outsiders and Risky Business, then Top Gun was his leap into superstardom .But haven't seen many of his recent ones, to be honest. So my top 7 are fairly old school ;
Rainman
The Color of Money
A Few Good Men
Knight and Day
The Firm
Mission Impossible
Cocktail

Last edited:
Yeah, he's a scientology nut and everything, but I think he's a pretty good actor and film producer. Thomas Cruise Mapother IV...

He's been in close to 50 films, starring in most of them. I've liked him since The Outsiders and Risky Business, then Top Gun was his leap into superstardom .But haven't seen many of his recent ones, to be honest. So my top 5 are fairly old school ;
Rainman
The Color of Money
A Few Good Men
Knight and Day
Mission Impossible

:up:

Billy Idol actually wrote those lyrics to Last Note Of Freedom. Hans Zimmer wrote the music. David Coverdale did okay with singing it.

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio was hot in Color of Money.
1600493247326.png

He's been in close to 50 films, starring in most of them. I've liked him since The Outsiders and Risky Business, then Top Gun was his leap into superstardom .But haven't seen many of his recent ones, to be honest. So my top 5 are fairly old school ;
Rainman
The Color of Money
A Few Good Men
Knight and Day
Mission Impossible

Few Good Men
The Firm
Jack Reacher (2012)

Because my most favorite actor, Bronson Pinchot that is, happens to be in the Risky Business film too, that film will always be my favorite.

God bless you and Bronson always!!!

Holly

P.S. Risky Business is actually Bronson's first film.

Cruise's last two really good films in which he was the star were Jerry Maguire and The Last Samurai. Add to those two Rain Man, Far and Away, and A Few Good Men and you have his five best films to date. You could make an argument for Risky Business being on the list, it is always a good watch.

If you've never seen Taps, he turned in a good performance, but wasn't the star.

As for cameos, who can forget his brilliant turn as Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder?

Generally speaking, however, I do not seek out a Tom Cruise film these days. He seems to have chosen money over substance when it comes to his projects. He could have had both, in my opinion, but I guess it's easier to run through a movie than act. Add to that his ties to that reprehensible, disturbing cult known as Scientology, and I just don't care for his shit.

Come to think of it, he probably chose the money over substance so he could pay that scumbag David Miscavige...

Cruise's last two really good films in which he was the star were Jerry Maguire and The Last Samurai. Add to those two Rain Man, Far and Away, and A Few Good Men and you have his five best films to date. You could make an argument for Risky Business being on the list, it is always a good watch.

If you've never seen Taps, he turned in a good performance, but wasn't the star.

As for cameos, who can forget his brilliant turn as Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder?

Generally speaking, however, I do not seek out a Tom Cruise film these days. He seems to have chosen money over substance when it comes to his projects. He could have had both, in my opinion, but I guess it's easier to run through a movie than act. Add to that his ties to that reprehensible, disturbing cult known as Scientology, and I just don't care for his shit.

Come to think of it, he probably chose the money over substance so he could pay that scumbag David Miscavige...

You ever see Bill Hader's impression of him ? He even makes himself look like him- pretty crazy.

You ever see Bill Hader's impression of him ? He even makes himself look like him- pretty crazy.

Hader is great, I love him in HBO's Barry.

New Topics

Forum List

Back