Your Child’s Education, Their Politics

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Lowell [High School] in San Franchas for decades admitted students based on a score that takes into account grade-point average and test results while setting aside a limited number of spots for qualified students from underrepresented schools, making it one of the best public high schools in the country.

One of the best. And so, needless to say, something had to be done.

On “equity” and race-hustling in San Francisco’s public high schools:

A preference for academic rigour and admission by ability is “racist,” you see. Please update your files and lifestyles accordingly.
Note that the board decision was “unanimous,” while the views of local parents – those directly affected – were somewhat more complicated and deemed “divisive.”
Note too the implication that the feelings of those who work hard and show ability should be trumped by the feelings of those who do neither.
And more:

She done gargled the Kool Aid.

Ms Collins is an “educator,” of course. And a Board of Education Commissioner for San Francisco public schools.

When not repeating the word “equity,” and declaring her pronouns to random passers-by, Ms Collins is apparently “fighting for safe, high quality schools,” by disdaining both expectations of competence and efforts to determine such, and by ensuring studious children find themselves sitting next to disruptive morons. The idea of enrollment by “merit,” i.e., by academic ability, “just plain sucks”.

Last edited:
You've reached your article limit.

Dang, it must be one.

BTW:

The school is 61% Asian and 18% white, and thus it is a bastion of white supremacy. And the entire concept of “merit,” as well as any standardized testing, are racist.

Ms Collins is an “educator,” of course. And a Board of Education Commissioner for San Francisco public schools.

When not repeating the word “equity,” and declaring her pronouns to random passers-by, Ms Collins is apparently “fighting for safe, high quality schools,” by disdaining both expectations of competence and efforts to determine such, and by ensuring studious children find themselves sitting next to disruptive morons. The idea of enrollment by “merit,” i.e., by academic ability, “just plain sucks”.

What will these students face in the real world?

what basis do colleges and potential employers use?

Merit?

So they are racist trying to make themselves the best they can?

I agree 100%. If I were evaluating a potential worker-student, I would consider someone who was a product of the Allison Collins system to be defective. I think the mediocre attitude her philosophy promotes is exactly what employers would try to avoid.

What will these students face in the real world?

what basis do colleges and potential employers use?

Merit?

So they are racist trying to make themselves the best they can?

What happens in san Fran doesn't affect the nation...big time NON story. Nobody cares. Fail

Forum List

Back