Your breaks on your cars now folks....are the problem.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
The harmful impact of air pollution caused by diesel exhaust fumes on our health is well known. It’s responsible for causing everything from respiratory problems to dementia and even certain types of cancers. But what most people don’t realise is that exhaust fumes aren’t the only cause of air pollution. In fact, up to 55% of roadside traffic pollution is made of non-exhaust particles, with around 20% of that pollution coming from brake dust. And as our latest research reveals, these particles may be just as damaging to our lungs as exhaust fumes.

Air pollution from brake dust may be as harmful as diesel exhaust on immune cells – new study

It's your brakes folks. Get that middle class? Let's outlaw....breaks.

Last edited:
The harmful impact of air pollution caused by diesel exhaust fumes on our health is well known. It’s responsible for causing everything from respiratory problems to dementia and even certain types of cancers. But what most people don’t realise is that exhaust fumes aren’t the only cause of air pollution. In fact, up to 55% of roadside traffic pollution is made of non-exhaust particles, with around 20% of that pollution coming from brake dust. And as our latest research reveals, these particles may be just as damaging to our lungs as exhaust fumes.

Air pollution from brake dust may be as harmful as diesel exhaust on immune cells – new study

It's your breaks folks. Get that middle class? Let's outlaw....breaks.

I never use my brakes. If I need to stop, I just run up on the curb and sideswipe a few cars with Hillary or Obama stickers on them. ;)

In general people don't realize that air pollution from cars isn't just from the engine exhaust.

Forum List

Back