Your best investment of 2020

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Where have you made most money this year.

My best investments have been quite varied.

In the UK my best has been Marstons - a pub chain. I bought them at the start of lockdown on the basis their property portfolio was worth more than the share price. Profits of 80% so far and a shareholders discount card so I can dine out in their pubs.

As the UK has been pretty stagnant I have been investing more and more across the globe.

In the US I have done really well with Wayfair, NIO and Meredith which have all done really well.

Overall Tainantcorp is up 22% this year and I am more than happy with that.

Last edited:

In the UK my best has been Martons - a pub chain. I bought them at the start of lockdown on the basis their property portfolio was worth more than the share price. Profits of 80% so far and a shareholders discount card so I can dine out in their pubs.

As the UK has been pretty stagnant I have been investing more and more across the globe.

In the US I have done really well with Wayfair, NIO and Meredith which have all done really well.

I look forward to 2021 and Chinese military, resources and growth industries. I'm not a adviser, this is my personal opinion.

In the UK my best has been Marstons - a pub chain. I bought them at the start of lockdown on the basis their property portfolio was worth more than the share price. Profits of 80% so far and a shareholders discount card so I can dine out in their pubs.

I'm probably more diversified than you, I've done well across the board, just some better than others.
Tech stocks treated me well this year. But, now there is a rotation going into next year it seems.

I'm probably more diversified than you, I've done well across the board, just some better than others.
Tech stocks treated me well this year. But, now there is a rotation going into next year it seems.
When to get out of tech is the big question. My techie friends are telling me the "cloud" is the next big thing but that already looks like a bubble. Everything we do seems to be changing so I think the normal rules of investing are going to change.
I am looking to build up a warchest for investing in the UK post brexit. A lot of good companies will be available cheap. If they arent I will invest in Europe and the US.

I mainly invested in commodities and averaged 44% ROI.

Nio for me and fcel energy.

Real estate up ~20%.
Sell do not buy. Its gonna crash soon. I am selling everything. Gonna sit in my camper and boat till the deals come. Then I will buy like crazy . Thats the plan anyway. I hear tell there is a marina I covet that may go up for sale. That would be an emotional buy though. Kinda hope it does not come up for sale unless price is right

Real estate up ~20%.
Sell do not buy. Its gonna crash soon. I am selling everything. Gonna sit in my camper and boat till the deals come. Then I will buy like crazy . Thats the plan anyway. I hear tell there is a marina I covet that may go up for sale. That would be an emotional buy though. Kinda hope it does not come up for sale unless price is right
I'm definitely not buying now. The rental income is nice I don't know if I'd sell quite yet.

Real estate up ~20%.
I'm definitely not buying now. The rental income is nice I don't know if I'd sell quite yet.
I am dumping like a madman. These sale prices won't be around long. Finished my last property that needed rehab at 6 this morning. All night errands but worth it. I need to figure out some short term deals to keep my money working for me while I'm waiting for prices to drop have not figured that out yet but I have the time to look now been busy selling lately idk maybe I will run into something quick turn 2 months or less.

Forum List

Back