Youngkin Already Picking Fight With Virginia Parents, Get's Smacked Down On Mask Mandate

flacaltenn I have reconsidered, read your artical and others I found, and concluded YES I am wrong about the specific issue of masking children.

Bashing people and one sided hypocritical bashing of ideologies does nothing to advance an argument, convince people to listen or even read what what you right, much give them space reconsider and change minds.

I'm not sure that ANYBODY is completely right on "masking" or other covid hot potatoes. All I know is that MOST of America has COMPLETELY lost trust on the public messaging and mangling of science and as a RESULT -- theres a LOT of folks stumbling around trying to "go it on their own".. ADMIRABLE -- but the internet as a prime compass -- will get ya lost everytime.

Peace and truce.

Bureaucratic people are already doing that. They have long required vaccination, some form of dress codes, rules of conduct, what books they will our kids to have access to (on behalf of other people).
Who said they weren't? The quote was pretty straight forward.

You claimed: You seem think [parents] have no rights.

I pointed out that this was not a matter of telling parents they do not have a right but rather that the bureaucracy does not have the power to force them to do something. That there are requirements for other things in place is not relevant to that point.

I do not think anyone is arguing that the school boards do not or should not have the power to make certain basic requirements for school. I certainly will not make that point.

Most of us are against this particular requirement because we do not think it is made out of a grounded foundation of reason or science. Just power and political gamesmanship.

You can do that to me. You cannot do that to my children.
Someone else pointed out we all pay for public schools, whether we have kids or not. That means we all have a vested interest in it as community. My main point is many decisions about schools in should be made at local levels when possible. Obviously sone issues such as curriculum and academic milestones are not. But it seemed to me masking is highly dependent on what Covid is doing locally and how safe parents feel about their kids.

The other point about masking is if most are not masked you may as well not bother doing it. But I’ve already changed my mind on this for kids.
I do not disagree.

I would push that one further, most of those decisions should be made by the parents. Only when they effect those around them should they be made by the board - aka you cant go to school naked. Not a very conducive environment for learning.

On that vein, masking IS something that the board may have to implement when there is solid reason for them to do so. This is not a good case for it, as you have agreed, and hence the state needed to tell the local boards to shut up and deal with it. I have no problem with a higher entity forcing the decision to an even more local level, the home itself. There is, IMHO, a fundamental difference between mandating an action and removing the power for the government to mandate an action. One increases freedom and one limits it.

I'm not sure that ANYBODY is completely right on "masking" or other covid hot potatoes. All I know is that MOST of America has COMPLETELY lost trust on the public messaging and mangling of science and as a RESULT -- theres a LOT of folks stumbling around trying to "go it on their own".. ADMIRABLE -- but the internet as a prime compass -- will get ya lost everytime.

Peace and truce.
That is the real tragedy here (or the opposite depending on your view). The public has been shown just how untrustworthy our institutions are. It is clear they despise the public or they would not feel the need to directly lie to them on a constant basis. Even after it has been shown that it is a bad idea a la Fauci and masking recommendations early in the pandemic, they are continuing to do so with not one consideration that they should just do their damn job.

That is the real tragedy here (or the opposite depending on your view). The public has been shown just how untrustworthy our institutions are. It is clear they despise the public or they would not feel the need to directly lie to them on a constant basis. Even after it has been shown that it is a bad idea a la Fauci and masking recommendations early in the pandemic, they are continuing to do so with not one consideration that they should just do their damn job.

This isn't new -- it's just more aggressive and in your face. And usually the "lying and breach of trust" has to do with issues that DONT directly affect Joe and Jane Blow. But like the saying goes -- "when it came for them" -- they got a might angered.

2/3/2022.... Youngkin goes to grocery store, and psycho Liberal screams at him for not wearing a mask.

He replies that he is pro choice, while being part of the maskless minority.

Love this guy.

Apologies for the Twitter (spit) link. I cannot find it elsewhere...

This nonsense will end when we make it end. Join us.

Forum List

Back