younger females please help

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
perfume...i am a perfume snob.....she wears 'closer' by halle berry.....so do i get her something i like....obsession, creed...etc...or are those considered old lady perfumes now?

what is a nice perfume for that age group....22.....she said the closer smells like cedar?

Don't get her something you like. Get her what she likes. I give young women what they like. One young woman friend gave me an expensive bottle of perfume, but it was the type the young ones like, so I gave it to another friend, a young woman who was very happy with it. The two women had no connection, didn't even live in the same country.

If you are not sure what she likes, go to the department store and talk to a young female clerk to find out what is popular with the younger crowd. That's what I would do. I mean department store, like Macy's or whatever. One that has a big cosmetics and perfume department.

Last edited:
thank you....i really had no clue what to get her....i was shocked she wears a walmart perfume....

okay i am a total perfume snob..which means i cant afford what i like......

Back when 'Charlie' was popular and my niece was a young woman, I bought her a bottle of that for Christmas, not something I'd ever use (I like the very nice department brands too) but she was very happy with it because that is what the young women were wearing then. So get her what she wants.

you are right...i will go to belk and grab one of the over made up young ladies....and get her something just a wee step up...cause i dont wanna get her started on something she cannot afford....
that is me and my love of creed which several of my friends seem to hate but i love the flower ones...2000 fleurs

you are right...i will go to belk and grab one of the over made up young ladies....and get her something just a wee step up...cause i dont wanna get her started on something she cannot afford....
that is me and my love of creed which several of my friends seem to hate but i love the flower ones...2000 fleurs

Sounds like a good plan.

perfume...i am a perfume snob.....she wears 'closer' by halle berry.....so do i get her something i like....obsession, creed...etc...or are those considered old lady perfumes now?

what is a nice perfume for that age group....22.....she said the closer smells like cedar?

Perfume does not smell the same way on everybody.
Therefore a cheap ( as you think) "walmart perfume" might smell in aristocratic way on her and expensive famous and popular - just disappear ( yes, they don't smell "bad", they evaporate on some).

you can check the discussion here - it is a young very snobbish crowd, but you might find some needed insights.

The Beauty Bar - PurseForum

This is for the younger generation and has become quite popular ... they carry it at Belks.

Marc Jacobs Dot Perfume

Forum List

Back