Young males are struggling, and the reasons for that are obvious

A much better idea would be to allow both Misandry and Misogyny.
Better in what sense? Business sense? Personal preference? Again no one's stopping you from putting your money where your mouth is.
I hope Free Speech Social Media would succeed. Difficult as it was, several such companies have been started. Hopefully Elon Musk buys Twitter, but now it is 50-50.
That's also kind of a catch 22 innit? Free Speech and free association means people are free to gravitate the media sites they prefer. If the ones that allow all manner of misogyny and misandry aren't popular that's the people speaking.
Also, existing companies should be pressured to drop blatantly discriminatory policies.
Exert more social pressure and maybe they will.

Only time will tell who succeeds. Almost nothing depends on me or anyone who posts on USMB.

Hopefully there will be wide demand for Misogyny as there is for Misandry. This will be a great step toward Gender Equality.

PS. I find it very strange that any man would defend double standards and discrimination against men as a gender. Why?

Well, that's the ongoing question for me: I saw something three or four years ago that really hit me, and that has really stuck with me:

Has it been so long since we have valued honest conversation, communication, collaboration and innovation that we have lost that skillset?

That's what I'm seeing, and that worries me more than anything else.
In the UK I think it probably started with Thatcher but was more easily seen in Tony Blairs regime. One of the things Thatcher did deliberately do was allow The Times to be sold to Murdoch. Now twenty years or so before this Britian and Britain's Press would have been up in arms screaming Monopoly and I will admit that there was an enormous amount of protest. But it was done when it should not as it was creating this monopoly of Murdoch on news. Since then those who finance our media has changed from among 100 Independent sources to around 6. So there has been a massive change in the news we receive today and that depends basically on whether the owners support what is happening or not. This began then by papers becoming Monopoly owned stopping them being one of the strategies against dictatorship.

However certainly in the UK that was not the only thing. Then we got Political Parties with no shame using something they called spin. They were not giving the country an honest position. Looks were more important than actions.

All that was there before just about everyone had access to the Internet. Many people hoped the Internet would encourage democracy and make up for the problems in free speech. In some ways it is doing that. Small alternative news sources coming up though especially if they are on the left they will soon find themselves banned, The internet has also allowed conspiracy views which previously would have just been laughed off to gain a hold. They are even created sometimes by the news media. This is definitely a new and dangerous thing and one in which people who do not understand 'manufacturing consent ' can fairly easily be duped. Things like white nationalism which has now spread to most of Europe as well as the US has also been encouraged due to like minds on the internet.

That's just a beginning.

Last edited:
Only time will tell who succeeds. Almost nothing depends on me or anyone who posts on USMB.

Hopefully there will be wide demand for Misogyny as there is for Misandry. This will be a great step toward Gender Equality.

PS. I find it very strange that any man would defend double standards and discrimination against men as a gender. Why?
Because I'm masculine enough to be merely amused over other people's dislike of me.

It's presumably common knowledge that young American males are struggling more and more, as the traditional roles for men have been changing rapidly and all but rendered obsolete -- particularly in the West.

The reasons are clear, in my view: This is the predictable manifestation of the efforts of those who advance Identity Politics in our society. The most obvious of these tactics is the term "toxic masculinity", which directly condemns the very behaviors that are organic in most men.

Another primary driver of this is the strange, inexplicable effort to essentially meld the sexes together, all but saying the two are the same, and aggressively refusing to recognize (let alone celebrate) the obvious differences between the two.

Hell, I've seen department stores (Target, I think) get rid of "boys" and "girls" clothing areas, essentially saying that separating the two is a bad thing.

To this day, I don't understand why so many are trying to hard to pretend that men and women are not different, and that that's not a GOOD thing. Can someone here explain this to me?

Those who push Identity Politics have, to absolutely no surprise, gone far too far with this. Now we're seeing the result. Attack boys and young men for simply being what they are, and there will be effects. This is real.

This notion is mocked and dismissed. And that only adds to the problem.

So, if boys can’t act like assholes they wander around aimlessly?

I guess we need to force women back in the 1950’s kitchen.

Forum List

Back