Young Dems more likely to despise the other party

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
Here.

By the numbers: 5% of Republicans said they wouldn't be friends with someone from the opposite party, compared to 37% of Democrats.
  • 71% of Democrats wouldn't go on a date with someone with opposing views, versus 31% of Republicans.
  • 30% of Democrats — and 7% of Republicans — wouldn't work for someone who voted differently from them.
Women are more likely than men to take a strong partisan stance in their personal choices:
  • 41% of women would go on a date with someone who voted for the opposing candidate, compared to 67% of men.
  • 76% of women would work for someone who voted for the other candidate, vs. 86% of men.
  • Just 68% of women — compared to 84% of men — would shop at or support the business of someone of the other party.

Here.

Women are more likely than men to take a strong partisan stance in their personal choices:
From your link.

Between the lines: Democrats argue that modern GOP positions, spearheaded by former President Trump — are far outside of the mainstream and polite conversation.

Although I don't agree that political affiliation should have such a bearing on whether or not I can have a personal or professional relationship with someone who has a different political affiliation the sentiment expressed I do agree with.

More specifically in the modern view of the GOP towards Trump and Democracy in particular. I'll make it even more specific.

I can get a fundamentally different view on abortion. Less so on LBGTQ issues but even that I get. I can even understand although I have to strain real hard on the GOP's position on guns, despite proof positive that it's doing harm on a very serious scale.

Where the GOP started to lose me is when they followed Trump when he demonstrably mishandled the Covid response. to such a point that vaccines are now a political issue. And where you all make me think you are completely insane (rethorical not factually) is when you still support Trump despite unequivocal evidence that he actively sought to circumvent the Democratic process.

Again this is not me saying that I think Republicans by definition are evil, dumb, or actually insane or even that I can't be friends with one. What I will say, is that the poll shows a feeling among Democrats (Especially young ones. It would be interesting to see the results of the same poll among older people) that fealty to Trump has completely distorted any sense of morality when it comes to politics.

Last edited:
From your link.

Between the lines: Democrats argue that modern GOP positions, spearheaded by former President Trump — are far outside of the mainstream and polite conversation.

Although I don't agree that political affiliation should have such a bearing on whether or not I can have a personal or professional relationship with someone who has a different political affiliation the sentiment expressed I do agree with.

More specifically in the modern view of the GOP towards Trump and Democracy in particular. I'll make it even more specific.

I can get a fundamentally different view on abortion. Less so on LBGTQ issues but even that I get. I can even understand although I have to strain real hard on the GOP's position on guns, despite proof positive that it's doing harm on a very serious scale.

Where the GOP started to lose me is when they followed Trump when he demonstrably mishandled the Covid response. to such a point that vaccines are now a political issue. And where you all make me think you are completely insane (rethorical not factually) is when you still support Trump despite unequivocal evidence that he actively sought to circumvent the Democratic process.

Again this is not me saying that I think Republicans by definition are evil, dumb, or actually insane or even that I can't be friends with one. What I will say, is that the poll shows a feeling among Democrats (Especially young ones. It would be interesting to see the results of the same poll among older people) that fealty to Trump has completely distorted any sense of morality when it comes to politics.
Did Trump do something more morally wrong than fabricating a story about a sitting president being a Russian agent?

Did Trump do something more morally wrong than fabricating a story about a sitting president being a Russian agent?
First, read the Mueller report, or for that matter the Senate's commission report into the origins of the Russia investigation. Led by RON JOHNSON, hardly a Trump critic. And then you will read there was no fabrication, but real life collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian agents. Mueller simply stated that he could not prove it rose to the level of conspiracy.

Second, even if all of that wasn't true, it is still infinitely worse for a President to actively try to circumvent the Democratic process in order to stay in POWER. Than it is for one campaign to smear another.

The second is highly unethical. The first is a COUP.

You do illustrate my point though. Your sense of what's permissible in order to keep Trump in power is such, that you argue that both political hitjobs and Coups are indistinguishable from one another.

Last edited:
Well, are there any dems in this forum who know anything about the world beyond what tribe they are in?

None of them follow any actual principles, much less liberal ones. All they know is what they are supposed to say in order to be accepted by their tribe, and not why they are supposed to say it.

Forum List

Back