Young adults love Obamacare. GOP ends up with egg on face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Jeffrey Young: Conservatives Proven Utterly Wrong On Key Aspect Of Obamacare
Remember when Obamacare was a terrible deal for young adults, and how “young invincibles” didn’t even want health insurance? Conservative groups — acting, no doubt, out of deep concern for the well-being of the nation’s 20-somethings — even staged events where young people burned their “Obamacare cards” (there is no such thing). Instead, this is what happened:

original.jpg

Not so scary, after all. That’s right: The share of the population between 19 and 25 years old without health insurance has fallen since the Affordable Care Act passed in 2010. That year, the uninsured rate for that group was more than 30 percent. By the end of this March, it had fallen to 21 percent, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey data presented in a report the White House Council of Economic Advisors released Wednesday. In fact, the uninsured rate fell more for young adults than any other age group from the end of 2013 to the close of the first quarter of this year, the CDC survey found. And that doesn’t even account for a surge in Obamacare enrollments at the end of March and early April, especially among younger people, for insurance coverage that didn’t kick in until April or May. Turns out, people under 30 also think having health insurance is a good idea.

Remember when Obamacare was a terrible deal for young adults, and how “young invincibles” didn’t even want health insurance? Conservative groups — acting, no doubt, out of deep concern for the well-being of the nation’s 20-somethings — even staged events where young people burned their “Obamacare cards” (there is no such thing). Instead, this is what happened:

Not so scary, after all. That’s right: The share of the population between 19 and 25 years old without health insurance has fallen since the Affordable Care Act passed in 2010. That year, the uninsured rate for that group was more than 30 percent. By the end of this March, it had fallen to 21 percent, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey data presented in a report the White House Council of Economic Advisors released Wednesday. In fact, the uninsured rate fell more for young adults than any other age group from the end of 2013 to the close of the first quarter of this year, the CDC survey found. And that doesn’t even account for a surge in Obamacare enrollments at the end of March and early April, especially among younger people, for insurance coverage that didn’t kick in until April or May.

Turns out, people under 30 also think having health insurance is a good idea.

Turns out you need to add some commentary of your own and not just copy and paste an article from another Web site. You also can't post the entire article, but rather just an excerpt.

• Opening Posts require more than a Copy and Paste with a Link, You need to include relevant, on topic material of your own.

Not so scary, after all. That’s right: The share of the population between 19 and 25 years old without health insurance has fallen since the Affordable Care Act passed in 2010. That year, the uninsured rate for that group was more than 30 percent. By the end of this March, it had fallen to 21 percent, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey data presented in a report the White House Council of Economic Advisors released Wednesday. In fact, the uninsured rate fell more for young adults than any other age group from the end of 2013 to the close of the first quarter of this year, the CDC survey found. And that doesn’t even account for a surge in Obamacare enrollments at the end of March and early April, especially among younger people, for insurance coverage that didn’t kick in until April or May.

Turns out, people under 30 also think having health insurance is a good idea.

Turns out you need to add some commentary of your own and not just copy and paste an article from another Web site. You also can't post the entire article, but rather just an excerpt.

• Opening Posts require more than a Copy and Paste with a Link, You need to include relevant, on topic material of your own.

Does this apply to Current Event articles as well? I have posted news stories in Current Events without adding commentary before. I know it will devolve into partisan bickering somehow, but a lot of times my only interest is posting a news story that I find interesting.

Does this apply to Current Event articles as well? I have posted news stories in Current Events without adding commentary before. I know it will devolve into partisan bickering somehow, but a lot of times my only interest is posting a news story that I find interesting.

Yes, it applies site wide

Oh, well. Generation X thinks having insurance is good.

Ya think????:ack-1:

Holy Shit!!!!!:ack-1:

When they try to use it they'll find out just how great rationed healthcare is.
Funny word mandated wonder what it could mean?

So should we get a survey on people stopping at stop signs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back