You'd think the poor would stop voting against their own self-interests

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
CNN just announced need that a study by the University of Washington showed that the lowest income workers earned $125 less per month after Seattle implemented their $15 per hour minimum wage. While the workers earned on average 3% more, their hours were cut on average by 9% - resulting in a net loss to their income.

The study concluded that this is basic economics - that when something costs more (such as labor), people simply learn to do with less of it.

Thanks to the Dumbocrats - the poorest among us are now further behind. If only the left understood basic economics. I guess that's why they are called Dumbocrats.

You'd think, but they don't. The Democrats have promised the moon to every minority and niche group under the sun in return for their vote, but have never delivered. I don't know why they've been so slow on the uptake. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Why do they stick with a party that keeps using and abusing them when there is another party that is for Americans. A job is a job and security is security regardless of the color of your skin. Democrats and the media keep claiming the Republican party is racist because they don't partake in identity politics. It's because they are more interested in working for America which includes everyone.

You'd think, but they don't. The Democrats have promised the moon to every minority and niche group under the sun in return for their vote, but have never delivered. I don't know why they've been so slow on the uptake. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Why do they stick with a party that keeps using and abusing them when there is another party that is for Americans. A job is a job and security is security regardless of the color of your skin. Democrats and the media keep claiming the Republican party is racist because they don't partake in identity politics. It's because they are more interested in working for America which includes everyone.
I suspect by now a certain portion of them are well aware but would rather wallow in poverty on the government dole than to flourish by having to provide for themselves.

The study concluded that this is basic economics - that when something costs more (such as labor), people simply learn to do with less of it.

yes, it is called the law of supply and demand but it is too complicated for liberals to grasp. it says that when the price of something goes up ( wages in this case) less of it will be demanded.

Seems simple but, tragically, not to a liberal. A liberal is by definition someone who cannot understand simple concepts.

I think it's epic that the study was done by a left-wing institution at the request of a very liberal city. It leaves no room for the progressives to yell "right-wing lies"!
The city is gradually increasing the hourly minimum to $15 over several years. Already, though, some employers have not been able to afford the increased minimums. They've cut their payrolls, putting off new hiring, reducing hours or letting their workers go, the study found.
Analysis | A ‘very credible’ new study on Seattle’s $15 minimum wage has bad news for liberals

I think it's epic that the study was done by a left-wing institution at the request of a very liberal city. It leaves no room for the progressives to yell "right-wing lies"!
The city is gradually increasing the hourly minimum to $15 over several years. Already, though, some employers have not been able to afford the increased minimums. They've cut their payrolls, putting off new hiring, reducing hours or letting their workers go, the study found.
Analysis | A ‘very credible’ new study on Seattle’s $15 minimum wage has bad news for liberals
and now they have fired the liberals who did the study and have hired more progressive liberals to do a new study and get the results they want!!! True story!!

and now they have fired the liberals who did the study and have hired more progressive liberals to do a new study and get the results they want!!! True story!!
It's amazing how that side of the aisle wants no part of reality.

Forum List

Back