You Think You Have Privacy In Your Own Home?

Our Constitution, legal rights, etc. haven't kept us safe so far. So claiming infringement on such rights poses a threat to us, when absolute adherence hasn't worked any better isn't very sensible.
What has the US really been attacked by? We had 2 or 3 buildings get blown up, a few bombs were dropped in Washington State, and that's it.

In retaliation we completely destroyed the political and social infrastructure of an entire region, enslaved three countries, locked up every japanese american, dropped two atomic bombs (which is fundamentally evil), and done so many more crimes against humanity that I don't have the stomach to type at this moment.

It's worth noting that most of these terrorist campaigns that the US has set out on were not even with the aim of protecting us, but for controlling natural resources so that domestic companies can exploit the natives and make a bigger profit.

Respect for privacy's an attitude too. When I first moved in here 15 years ago, if I had my living room blinds open and someone walked by they never looked inside. Now, I'm beginning to notice they do a lot more. Suppose part of it could be people know me now after 15 years but some I don't know at all but they look so I think something's changed or is changing as well.

The Right to Bear Ajax

So many people these days make comments like, "The NSA (National Security Agency) is monitoring all kinds of civilian Internet communications."

You can find all kinds of stuff on the Internet such as uploaded fun drawings of computers, personal artwork, political manifestos, etc. Maybe that's why the Hollywood (USA) movie "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" (1991) featured an unusual super-robot called T-1000 which was comprised entirely of an aqueous mercury substance. Everyone's curious about what machinery and tech-wizardry can do these days.

Well, what does the Constitution suggest about protecting 'intellectual property rights' as they are relevant to Internet graffiti? Is everything political now?

:afro:

T-1000

computer-hello.jpg cats(Dartmouth-Alum).jpg

t-1000.jpg

If you're on the internet, or have a cellphone you as much as signed your privacy rights away a long time ago. Quit whining about it.
The Constitution prevents gov from unreasonable search and seizure. You might read the 4th amendment.

You confuse the difference between spying, and prosecuting. Government can DO whatever it can get away with. All spying is by definition illegal. But what you can get prosecuted for is restricted by the Bill of Rights. ...In theory at least.
Our government is suppose to abide by the Constitution and not try to get away with whatever it can.

Unfortunately, our government does get away with whatever it can, with little opposition.

Understand this: Our "government" hasn't "abided" by the Constitution for the last 50 years. The Constitution is nothing more than a "problem" for politicians today. Nearly EVERYTHING written in the "Patriot act" goes directly against the Constitution but, we, as a nation, did EXACTLY what Benjamin Franklin warned us 230 years ago against. "Those who would give up Liberty for a little security - deserve neither"

And make no mistake about it - this is only the beginning. Just sit back and watch.

Forum List

Back