You need an ID to by booze, cigarettes,board planes, etc. but you won't need an ID to vote? Does that mean ANYONE illegally in USA will vote?

I personally don’t care if I have to show a photo ID or not. They have measures to verify registered voters and you need ID to register. Just like I don’t have to show my ID to get into my gym. I already did that to get my membership card. Now I just scan it at the door.
Right... So we should scan at the door right before you vote. I'm good with that.

dont believe what the government tells you,,
if they can give it they can take it away,,,
you are born with rights,, what the government allows isnt a right,,,

I take it you've not spent much time in a court of law ... this comes across as very childish and naïve ...
matter of fact I have,,

and I know the government doesnt give rights they give privileges,, they may call them rights but theyre not,, rights come from our humanity,,,

For most people, driver's licenses issued by the respective state and territorial governments have become the de facto identity cards, and are used for many identification purposes, such as when :
  • purchasing alcohol and tobacco,
  • opening bank accounts, and boarding planes,
  • along with confirming a voter's identity in states with voter photo identification initiatives.
Individuals who do not drive are able to obtain an identification card with the same functions from the same state agency that issues driver's licenses. In addition, many schools issue student and teacher ID cards.

Thirty-four states have identification requirements at the polls.
Seven states have strict photo ID laws, under which voters must present one of a limited set of forms of government-issued photo ID in order to cast a regular ballot – no exception
One of the ACLU's example: In Texas, some people in rural areas must travel approximately 170 miles to reach the nearest ID office.

House Democrats quietly passed a bill to federalize vote by mail and passed the “For the People Act,”

The last point confirming a voter's identity will be under Federal law UNNECESSARY to vote.
So how many swing states for Trump/Biden election didn't require photo id?

Trump’s victories in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin were on target until,
in the middle of the night, counting was arbitrarily halted.
Miraculously, several hundred thousand votes – all for Biden – were mysteriously ‘found’;

You need a license to drive a car or a boat, to hunt or fish, to fly a plane, even to be a contractor or handle refrigerant,. It you don't need one to own a firearm?
None of those things you mention are a right except owning a gun, scumbag.
Voting is, and you want to require ID for that. But not for owning a gun?
why would you need an id to own a gun?
Why would you need one to vote?

Voting is a Constitutional right - buying booze, Cigs, driving a car, or getting on a plane are controlled for obvious legal and safety reasons ... a person registers to vote with positive proof who they are and with their signature, then when the go to the polling place or sign the absentee ballot request, they ALSO sign their name - if anyone suspects foul play, then prove it, and if true, fraud charges can be made - and that is a crime; not having a voter ID IS NOT A crime. Voter fraud in our country is nearly non-existent. Go here to see - the Brennan Center at NYU - the expert in such matters.

Plus, requiring a voting ID is kinda of out dated like most old Jim Crow laws designed to stop black Americans from voting after the Civil War and their freedoms granted by Abe Lincoln and that whole thing right up until 1965 and the Voting Rights Act ... wake up and damn it, sober up, too.

I take it you've not spent much time in a court of law ... this comes across as very childish and naïve ...
matter of fact I have,,

and I know the government doesnt give rights they give privileges,, they may call them rights but theyre not,, rights come from our humanity,,,
Rights, like morals, come from our society. Our species has nothing to do with it.

You need a license to drive a car or a boat, to hunt or fish, to fly a plane, even to be a contractor or handle refrigerant,. It you don't need one to own a firearm?

It's called the Constitution.
Does the constitution say you need a gov't issued photo ID to exercise your right to vote?
No but it does say you need to be a legal citizen
You proved that when you registered.

matter of fact I have,,

Rights, like morals, come from our society. Our species has nothing to do with it.
some day you will have to tell me what it feels like???

Voting is a Constitutional right - buying booze, Cigs, driving a car, or getting on a plane are controlled for obvious legal and safety reasons ... a person registers to vote with positive proof who they are and with their signature, then when the go to the polling place or sign the absentee ballot request, they ALSO sign their name - if anyone suspects foul play, then prove it, and if true, fraud charges can be made - and that is a crime; not having a voter ID IS NOT A crime. Voter fraud in our country is nearly non-existent. Go here to see - the Brennan Center at NYU - the expert in such matters.

Plus, requiring a voting ID is kinda of out dated like most old Jim Crow laws designed to stop black Americans from voting after the Civil War and their freedoms granted by Abe Lincoln and that whole thing right up until 1965 and the Voting Rights Act ... wake up and damn it, sober up, too.
Most of the world doesn't consider voter ID outdated. It's used in most of the EU, for example. It's used in Canada as well.

It's called the Constitution.
Does the constitution say you need a gov't issued photo ID to exercise your right to vote?
No but it does say you need to be a legal citizen
Yes, it does say that..!!! As it should!!

For most people, driver's licenses issued by the respective state and territorial governments have become the de facto identity cards, and are used for many identification purposes, such as when :
  • along with confirming a voter's identity in states with voter photo identification initiatives.
Individuals who do not drive are able to obtain an identification card with the same functions from the same state agency that issues driver's licenses. In addition, many schools issue student and teacher ID cards.

Seven states have strict photo ID laws, under which voters must present one of a limited set of forms of government-issued photo ID in order to cast a regular ballot – no exception
One of the ACLU's example: In Texas, some people in rural areas must travel approximately 170 miles to reach the nearest ID office.

House Democrats quietly passed a bill to federalize vote by mail and passed the “For the People Act,”

The last point confirming a voter's identity will be under Federal law UNNECESSARY to vote.

Trump’s victories in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin were on target until,
Miraculously, several hundred thousand votes – all for Biden – were mysteriously ‘found’;

Does that mean Trump got elected by "illegals" voting?

....good call.......we need Birth Certificates/etc to get a driver's license/etc...this is just basic COMMON SENSE--which the left doesn't have--for various reasons--one of which they think with their emotions and not their brains
Anyone who drives has a gvt issued photo id, including poorer people.

It's anyone who does not have access to a car and does not have a driver's license, where some difficulty arises for a select number of that group.

....good call.......we need Birth Certificates/etc to get a driver's license/etc...this is just basic COMMON SENSE--which the left doesn't have--for various reasons--one of which they think with their emotions and not their brains
Anyone who drives has a gvt issued photo id, including poorer people.

It's anyone who does not have access to a car and does not have a driver's license, where some difficulty arises for a select number of that group.
but they need an ID to register to vote,, so why cant they just use that one???

You need an ID to by booze, cigarettes,board planes, etc. but you won't need an ID to vote?

Well, you see, voting is a very important, sacred right, that's why liberals and leftist democrats all want voting to be lax and unrestricted, so no one can tell how many millions of ballots cast are actually illegal, invalid or wrong.

----They're pretty sure their party will be casting the lion's share of illegal and invalid ballots anyways. :smoke:

Man, all of this could be settled if we would go back to what the constitution said about voting.

You do not have the right to vote for president, its not in there. The president does not have the right to pick his running mate, its not in there. You have the right to vote for senators and congressmen, and THEY select the electors who then vote for the president and vice president.

If we just went back to what the constitution originally stated, this would all not even be an issue. It would certainly make state elections MUCH more important though.

I personally don’t care if I have to show a photo ID or not. They have measures to verify registered voters and you need ID to register. Just like I don’t have to show my ID to get into my gym. I already did that to get my membership card. Now I just scan it at the door.
Right... So we should scan at the door right before you vote. I'm good with that.
Haha that analogy went right over your head. The gym door scan is equivalent to the name/signature at the polls. Neither involve the photo ID

None of those things you mention are a right except owning a gun, scumbag.
Voting is, and you want to require ID for that. But not for owning a gun?
why would you need an id to own a gun?
Why would you need one to vote?
Why can't people defend their homes and property and lives?

Forum List

Back