You need an ID to by booze, cigarettes,board planes, etc. but you won't need an ID to vote? Does that mean ANYONE illegally in USA will vote?

It's almost like you are suggesting that unless you are a Repub or Dem then it doesn't matter what you say or do.
It doesn't. When was the last time a 3rd party was in the runner ups in debates and whatnot?

George Washington stood for public office five times, serving two terms in the Virginia House of Burgesses and two terms as President of the United States. He is the only independent to serve as U.S. president and the only person unanimously elected to that office.

And now he is one of the woke crowds targets.

For most people, driver's licenses issued by the respective state and territorial governments have become the de facto identity cards, and are used for many identification purposes, such as when :
  • purchasing alcohol and tobacco,
  • opening bank accounts, and boarding planes,
  • along with confirming a voter's identity in states with voter photo identification initiatives.
Individuals who do not drive are able to obtain an identification card with the same functions from the same state agency that issues driver's licenses. In addition, many schools issue student and teacher ID cards.

Thirty-four states have identification requirements at the polls.
Seven states have strict photo ID laws, under which voters must present one of a limited set of forms of government-issued photo ID in order to cast a regular ballot ā€“ no exception
One of the ACLU's example: In Texas, some people in rural areas must travel approximately 170 miles to reach the nearest ID office.

House Democrats quietly passed a bill to federalize vote by mail and passed the ā€œFor the People Act,ā€

The last point confirming a voter's identity will be under Federal law UNNECESSARY to vote.
So how many swing states for Trump/Biden election didn't require photo id?

Trumpā€™s victories in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin were on target until,
in the middle of the night, counting was arbitrarily halted.
Miraculously, several hundred thousand votes ā€“ all for Biden ā€“ were mysteriously ā€˜foundā€™;

....good call.......we need Birth Certificates/etc to get a driver's license/etc...this is just basic COMMON SENSE--which the left doesn't have--for various reasons--one of which they think with their emotions and not their brains
Good call? Have we found dumb and dumber here?! Thereā€™s a reason why the OP isnā€™t commenting anymore. He got schooled
hahhahahahahah--like I said, you don't have any common sense/etc
Letā€™s debate it then. Should be easy for you to run right through me. Make your opening. Letā€™s go
already did with my initial post
Your argument is that we need birth certificates to get drivers licenses?

ok, yes we do. Is that it? Im one of those Lefties so what is it you donā€™t think I get?
no---that's not it HAHHAHAHAHAHA
..voter ID should be equitable or higher
I didnā€™t see you say that. Can you repost your argument and Iā€™ll address.
post # 106
Wow, youā€™re even dumber than I thought. Not even capable of forming a coherent argument. Ok never mind. Iā€™m not going to waste my time with you.
wow---you gave up very quickly because you don't HAVE an argument ..not only a puss but also a loser with no argument
I donā€™t have an argument about what?! You havenā€™t said anything for me to counter!!

You think voter ID should be fair?! Great me too

I have no idea why people who believe the Russians was interfering with our elections supports further deterioration of actually showing that.

If I had the money at time... It's easy to cheat the system... I just want to run and/or own old folks homes. I have their location of where they live, I have their full names, I have their social security numbers. You don't need anything else. Those people will now vote, and there is no way to track it. ESPECIALLY if it's legal for various people to collect ballots rather than forcing the voter to actually show up themselves.
Yeah you should do that. You might get a few hundred votes and would risk a felony and jail time. Go for it
How? The people in the home wouldn't even know they voted... Have you seen what they are trying to pass now? For the People Act (also known as H.R 1)? There are a few things in it that are pretty good... And... A few things like the above would just be easier to do.

Few hundred votes in a federal election might not mean much... But for City/Country... Could damn well be important.
It takes one person to notice something is off. Signatures would need to be forged for each person. Do you really think the risk reward is there to do that? Jail for a handful of votes? Who would take that risk?

Remember signatures are used to verify votes.
Tell me are the following signatures for the same driver/voter?
Again just for clarity B. J. Van Gundy signature on the left driver's license and Van Gundy absentee voting application.
Now remember GA had:
The rejection rate for absentee votes in Georgia in 2016 was 6.4 percent;
The rejection rate for absentee votes in Georgia in 2020 was 0.6 percent;
The rate of mail-in ballots rejected for errors, such as a missed deadline or use of an incorrect return envelope,
plummeted from 6.4% in 2016 to 3.1% in 2018 to 0.6% in this yearā€™s Nov. 3 election, according to state records.
In the 2018 GA general election, 454 out of 284,393 absentee by mail ballots were rejected for missing or non-matching signatures with a rejection rate of 0.15% (here).
In 2020, 2,011 out of 1,322,529 absentee by mail ballots were rejected for missing or non-matching signatures with a rejection rate of 0.15%. Both 2018 and 2020 has the same rejection rate of 0.15% for signature issues, the Georgia Secretary of State said. (here)
So consider folks....even though there were 4.6 TIMES the votes in 2020 there still was only 0.15% rejection rate.

WOW that's just what... coincidence, not mathematically possible, or something else?
Think about... just 0.15% rejection for 2020 even though there 4.6 TIMES (1,322,529 in 2020 vs 284,393 in 2016).
Can someone explain again looking at the below signatures?
View attachment 464862
My vote got rejected because my signatures didnā€™t match. I have no clue what the source your photo is so it doesnā€™t really mean much to me. And did you realize that the Reuters fact check that you link debunks your argument? You should read more carefully, but thanks for proving yourself wrong

ā€”ā€”ā€”
The claim that almost zero ballots were rejected in Georgia this year is false. 2,011 absentee by mail ballots were rejected for signature related issues.

The claim that around 4% of ballots were rejected in Georgia in previous election years is also false. The Georgia Secretary of State said that 580 ballots in 2016 and 454 in 2018 were rejected. These numbers make up ballot rejection rates of 0.24% in 2016 and 0.15% in 2018.

WOW that's just what... coincidence, not mathematically possible, or something else?
Think about... just 0.15% rejection for 2020 even though there 4.6 TIMES (1,322,529 in 2020 vs 284,393 in 2016).

Stop your lying. Post after post after post with people lying about this. Everyone gets a voters ID card when they register.
No they don't

You have to get it from DMV, not the election board.

You get it at the Courthouse when you register.
Or it comes in the mail.

One must also present identification when he registers to vote.

As long as one remains current and authorized to vote on the voter registration rolls, thereā€™s no need for that citizen to again provide identification.
that's funny--you people don't want voter ID to be as strict as other IDs
mmmmmmmm?
HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

It's kind of a moot point by now. Voting doesn't matter. Let everybody choose to vote or not, citizen or non-citizen. It's not like who they vote for will represent them anyway. Both parties represent the elite. Voting is just the practice we're encouraged to engage in to give us the illusion that we have a voice. If we didn't have voting, people might realize what's really going on.
Exactly!!:eusa_clap:

For most people, driver's licenses issued by the respective state and territorial governments have become the de facto identity cards, and are used for many identification purposes, such as when :
  • along with confirming a voter's identity in states with voter photo identification initiatives.
Individuals who do not drive are able to obtain an identification card with the same functions from the same state agency that issues driver's licenses. In addition, many schools issue student and teacher ID cards.

Seven states have strict photo ID laws, under which voters must present one of a limited set of forms of government-issued photo ID in order to cast a regular ballot ā€“ no exception
One of the ACLU's example: In Texas, some people in rural areas must travel approximately 170 miles to reach the nearest ID office.

House Democrats quietly passed a bill to federalize vote by mail and passed the ā€œFor the People Act,ā€

The last point confirming a voter's identity will be under Federal law UNNECESSARY to vote.

Trumpā€™s victories in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin were on target until,
Miraculously, several hundred thousand votes ā€“ all for Biden ā€“ were mysteriously ā€˜foundā€™;

....good call.......we need Birth Certificates/etc to get a driver's license/etc...this is just basic COMMON SENSE--which the left doesn't have--for various reasons--one of which they think with their emotions and not their brains
Good call? Have we found dumb and dumber here?! Thereā€™s a reason why the OP isnā€™t commenting anymore. He got schooled
Letā€™s debate it then. Should be easy for you to run right through me. Make your opening. Letā€™s go

ok, yes we do. Is that it? Im one of those Lefties so what is it you donā€™t think I get?
post # 106
Wow, youā€™re even dumber than I thought. Not even capable of forming a coherent argument. Ok never mind. Iā€™m not going to waste my time with you.
wow---you gave up very quickly because you don't HAVE an argument ..not only a puss but also a loser with no argument
I donā€™t have an argument about what?! You havenā€™t said anything for me to counter!!

you just pussed out
..your reply is typical of ones that don't have an argument

Stop your lying. Post after post after post with people lying about this. Everyone gets a voters ID card when they register.
No they don't

You have to get it from DMV, not the election board.

You get it at the Courthouse when you register.
Or it comes in the mail.

One must also present identification when he registers to vote.

As long as one remains current and authorized to vote on the voter registration rolls, thereā€™s no need for that citizen to again provide identification.
that's funny--you people don't want voter ID to be as strict as other IDs
mmmmmmmm?
HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

There is nothing stopping states from giving a photo ID when people register. But you know that.

post # 106

voter ID should be as strict, if not stricter, than driver/etc ID...is it?

You need a license to drive a car or a boat, to hunt or fish, to fly a plane, even to be a contractor or handle refrigerant,. It you don't need one to own a firearm?
None of those things you mention are a right except owning a gun, scumbag.
Voting is, and you want to require ID for that. But not for owning a gun?
SHut up ya lying pos.
You were a lot happier when you just admitted you were gay.

I have no idea why people who believe the Russians was interfering with our elections supports further deterioration of actually showing that.

If I had the money at time... It's easy to cheat the system... I just want to run and/or own old folks homes. I have their location of where they live, I have their full names, I have their social security numbers. You don't need anything else. Those people will now vote, and there is no way to track it. ESPECIALLY if it's legal for various people to collect ballots rather than forcing the voter to actually show up themselves.
Yeah you should do that. You might get a few hundred votes and would risk a felony and jail time. Go for it
How? The people in the home wouldn't even know they voted... Have you seen what they are trying to pass now? For the People Act (also known as H.R 1)? There are a few things in it that are pretty good... And... A few things like the above would just be easier to do.

Few hundred votes in a federal election might not mean much... But for City/Country... Could damn well be important.
It takes one person to notice something is off. Signatures would need to be forged for each person. Do you really think the risk reward is there to do that? Jail for a handful of votes? Who would take that risk?

Remember signatures are used to verify votes.
Tell me are the following signatures for the same driver/voter?
Again just for clarity B. J. Van Gundy signature on the left driver's license and Van Gundy absentee voting application.
Now remember GA had:
The rejection rate for absentee votes in Georgia in 2016 was 6.4 percent;
The rejection rate for absentee votes in Georgia in 2020 was 0.6 percent;
The rate of mail-in ballots rejected for errors, such as a missed deadline or use of an incorrect return envelope,
plummeted from 6.4% in 2016 to 3.1% in 2018 to 0.6% in this yearā€™s Nov. 3 election, according to state records.
In the 2018 GA general election, 454 out of 284,393 absentee by mail ballots were rejected for missing or non-matching signatures with a rejection rate of 0.15% (here).
In 2020, 2,011 out of 1,322,529 absentee by mail ballots were rejected for missing or non-matching signatures with a rejection rate of 0.15%. Both 2018 and 2020 has the same rejection rate of 0.15% for signature issues, the Georgia Secretary of State said. (here)
So consider folks....even though there were 4.6 TIMES the votes in 2020 there still was only 0.15% rejection rate.

Can someone explain again looking at the below signatures?
View attachment 464862
My vote got rejected because my signatures didnā€™t match. I have no clue what the source your photo is so it doesnā€™t really mean much to me. And did you realize that the Reuters fact check that you link debunks your argument? You should read more carefully, but thanks for proving yourself wrong

ā€”ā€”ā€”
The claim that almost zero ballots were rejected in Georgia this year is false. 2,011 absentee by mail ballots were rejected for signature related issues.

The claim that around 4% of ballots were rejected in Georgia in previous election years is also false. The Georgia Secretary of State said that 580 ballots in 2016 and 454 in 2018 were rejected. These numbers make up ballot rejection rates of 0.24% in 2016 and 0.15% in 2018.

Yup, itā€™s a percentage, itā€™s doesnā€™t rise with volume

post # 106

you just pussed out
..your reply is typical of ones that don't have an argument
If you state an argument Iā€™ll happily counter but Iā€™m not going to pull teeth to get you to state a proper argument. All youā€™ve said so far is voter Iā€™d should be fair... is that it? Thatā€™s what you want to debate?

You need a license to drive a car or a boat, to hunt or fish, to fly a plane, even to be a contractor or handle refrigerant,. It you don't need one to own a firearm?
ā€¦because there is no Constitutional right to drive a car or a boat, to hunt or fish, to fly a plane, even to be a contractor or handle refrigerant ā€“ but there is a Constitutional right to possess a firearm, just as thereā€™s a Constitutional right to vote.

Government is at liberty to require licenses and permits for all manner of activities that donā€™t concern the exercising of a fundamental right.

When government seeks to regulate a fundamental right, the state is subject to a higher burden of proof to justify that regulation ā€“ voter ID laws fail to meet that burden of justification.

post # 106

There you go finally!!! Why did it take you pages of posts to write a simple argument?!

Iā€™d counter by saying that a drivers license is required to register to vote and if you donā€™t have a drivers license then the process to verify is as strict as getting a license. So whatā€™s your issue?

ā€¦because there is no Constitutional right to drive a car or a boat, to hunt or fish, to fly a plane, even to be a contractor or handle refrigerant ā€“ but there is a Constitutional right to possess a firearm, just as thereā€™s a Constitutional right to vote.

Government is at liberty to require licenses and permits for all manner of activities that donā€™t concern the exercising of a fundamental right.

When government seeks to regulate a fundamental right, the state is subject to a higher burden of proof to justify that regulation ā€“ voter ID laws fail to meet that burden of justification.
there are restrictions on all rights

post # 106

There you go finally!!! Why did it take you pages of posts to write a simple argument?!

Iā€™d counter by saying that a drivers license is required to register to vote and if you donā€™t have a drivers license then the process to verify is as strict as getting a license. So whatā€™s your issue?
you don't need a picture ID to vote though = less strict

None of those things you mention are a right except owning a gun, scumbag.
Voting is, and you want to require ID for that. But not for owning a gun?
Such is the inconsistent conservative.

Simple solution

Make sure all citizens have an ID and when 99 percent have an acceptable ID.....require it to vote
Better yet, acknowledge the fact that voter ā€˜fraudā€™ by identification is so exceedingly rare that itā€™s virtually non-existent, making requiring an ID to vote an unwarranted burden on the right to vote.

If a citizen shows active and current on the voter registration rolls, his signature and statement are more than sufficient.

Voter ID laws are just another example of conservativesā€™ hostility to the right to vote and Republicansā€™ efforts to suppress the vote and make it needlessly difficult for minority voters to participate.

Correct.

Which is why voter ā€˜fraudā€™ by identification is so exceedingly rare.

post # 106

you don't need a picture ID to vote though = less strict
I personally donā€™t care if I have to show a photo ID or not. They have measures to verify registered voters and you need ID to register. Just like I donā€™t have to show my ID to get into my gym. I already did that to get my membership card. Now I just scan it at the door.

Simple solution

Make sure all citizens have an ID and when 99 percent have an acceptable ID.....require it to vote
Better yet, acknowledge the fact that voter ā€˜fraudā€™ by identification is so exceedingly rare that itā€™s virtually non-existent, making requiring an ID to vote an unwarranted burden on the right to vote.
Says who? The government that counts them?

Voter ID laws are just another example of conservativesā€™ hostility to the right to vote and Republicansā€™ efforts to suppress the vote and make it needlessly difficult for minority voters to participate.
Naw... Trying to make sure those Russians aren't cheating.

Forum List

Back