You need an ID to by booze, cigarettes,board planes, etc. but you won't need an ID to vote? Does that mean ANYONE illegally in USA will vote?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
For most people, driver's licenses issued by the respective state and territorial governments have become the de facto identity cards, and are used for many identification purposes, such as when :
  • purchasing alcohol and tobacco,
  • opening bank accounts, and boarding planes,
  • along with confirming a voter's identity in states with voter photo identification initiatives.
Individuals who do not drive are able to obtain an identification card with the same functions from the same state agency that issues driver's licenses. In addition, many schools issue student and teacher ID cards.

Thirty-four states have identification requirements at the polls.
Seven states have strict photo ID laws, under which voters must present one of a limited set of forms of government-issued photo ID in order to cast a regular ballot – no exception
One of the ACLU's example: In Texas, some people in rural areas must travel approximately 170 miles to reach the nearest ID office.

House Democrats quietly passed a bill to federalize vote by mail and passed the “For the People Act,”

The last point confirming a voter's identity will be under Federal law UNNECESSARY to vote.
So how many swing states for Trump/Biden election didn't require photo id?

Trump’s victories in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin were on target until,
in the middle of the night, counting was arbitrarily halted.
Miraculously, several hundred thousand votes – all for Biden – were mysteriously ‘found’;

For most people, driver's licenses issued by the respective state and territorial governments have become the de facto identity cards, and are used for many identification purposes, such as when :
  • along with confirming a voter's identity in states with voter photo identification initiatives.
Individuals who do not drive are able to obtain an identification card with the same functions from the same state agency that issues driver's licenses. In addition, many schools issue student and teacher ID cards.

Seven states have strict photo ID laws, under which voters must present one of a limited set of forms of government-issued photo ID in order to cast a regular ballot – no exception
One of the ACLU's example: In Texas, some people in rural areas must travel approximately 170 miles to reach the nearest ID office.

House Democrats quietly passed a bill to federalize vote by mail and passed the “For the People Act,”

The last point confirming a voter's identity will be under Federal law UNNECESSARY to vote.

Trump’s victories in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin were on target until,
Miraculously, several hundred thousand votes – all for Biden – were mysteriously ‘found’;

I haven’t been carded in 30 years.

you forgot you need an ID to register to vote,, so they already have an ID so why cant that be used to vote also??

You don't need an ID to exercise your Right to Free Speech either ... one can also refuse to quarter troops without an ID ... or sit in a public park ...

I thought conservatives were against government control, yet here you advocate everyone getting tattoos on their wrists ... Brave New World indeed ...
So you advocate no ID period is that right? NO DL, nothing required to fly? Nothing required to buy booze? Total freedom? I agree with you!
Do away with ALL identification requirements. Open bank account with out one. Do away with all ID requirements...right? You are definitely a libertarian!

You don't need an ID to exercise your Right to Free Speech either ... one can also refuse to quarter troops without an ID ... or sit in a public park ...

I thought conservatives were against government control, yet here you advocate everyone getting tattoos on their wrists ... Brave New World indeed ...
free speech does effect every other person in the country,,

So you advocate no ID period is that right? NO DL, nothing required to fly? Nothing required to buy booze? Total freedom? I agree with you!
Do away with ALL identification requirements. Open bank account with out one. Do away with all ID requirements...right? You are definitely a libertarian!
yeah no id to buy a gun either,,,

voting is a privilege not a right,,

In Europe this isn't even an issue worth talking about. Most European countries require I.D. in order to vote. (Europe has some genuinely conservative policies and to think of it as being totally left-wing is a mistake. Nuance matters).

I was carded at age 63 for beer at a local grocery store, even though I wasn't being carded when I was 18.

A lot of places are pricks like that nowadays, refusing to recognize our 21st Amendment right to get loaded.

How do you think somebody registers to vote? Gets their name on the rolls or their address on file to receive a ballot? Honest and direct answer please

Last edited:

How do you think somebody registers to vote? Gets their names on the rolls or their address on file to receive a ballot? Honest and direct answer please
they use an ID they already have,, so whats the problem with them bringing it to the voting booth??

I have no idea why people who believe the Russians was interfering with our elections supports further deterioration of actually showing that.

If I had the money at time... It's easy to cheat the system... I just want to run and/or own old folks homes. I have their location of where they live, I have their full names, I have their social security numbers. You don't need anything else. Those people will now vote, and there is no way to track it. ESPECIALLY if it's legal for various people to collect ballots rather than forcing the voter to actually show up themselves.

I have no idea why people who believe the Russians was interfering with our elections supports further deterioration of actually showing that.

If I had the money at time... It's easy to cheat the system... I just want to run and/or own old folks homes. I have their location of where they live, I have their full names, I have their social security numbers. You don't need anything else. Those people will now vote, and there is no way to track it. ESPECIALLY if it's legal for various people to collect ballots rather than forcing the voter to actually show up themselves.
Yeah you should do that. You might get a few hundred votes and would risk a felony and jail time. Go for it

Stop your lying. Post after post after post with people lying about this. Everyone gets a voters ID card when they register.

Exactly because once it’s established that you are of age then it’s not necessary to check your ID... what a novel concept !

A seemingly logical premise but from over the many years the image I get of the type of folks working the polls, having them inspect photo id's? I'm not so sure....

1615053465720.png

I've heard of outrageous waiting times to vote in some areas. Instead of adding to the problem I'd prioritize reducing the wait time to get into the voting booth. It shouldn't be any longer than the time needed to get in and out of the store to buy that booze. An half hour wait at max.

Forum List

Back