You Know What's Wrong Around This Place?

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
The wealthy and powerful have quadrupled their wealth in the last 15 years while ordinary Americans either remained stagnant or lost ground. They know they've got it made. Their offspring will never go to a shithole desert 10,000 miles away and fight and die in some made up war which was totally unnecessary.

In Great Britain the wealthy and powerful and even royalty believe they owe it to the country which made them wealthy and powerful to enter the military and serve a reasonable time.

As we speak Prince Harry is preparing to become proficient as an Apache Helicopter pilot as did his brother and his father, the Prince of Wales. When Harry's training is complete he will return to Afghanistan.

Something must change in this country. It ain't working.

Last edited:
Actually, the real problem we face with our economics is that we the people have accepted and endorsed the kinds of every day business practices that have lead to today's massive wealth inequality. Maybe people should have started pushing harder a while back ago. But for too long we've agreed to work for comparatively lower wages so that our higher ups could make more money. We agreed to pay comparatively higher prices for goods and services that also helped fuel the mentalities that now exist.

If the public had been less willing to pay 1000% markups, more willing to go without various luxuries in the interest of promoting a business approach with which they were more inclined to agree on an ethical level, more willing to be educated and knowledgeable when making purchasing decisions, more willing to do their part as individuals to insist on better wages for their lower paying jobs, more willing to be more ethical when demanding higher wages for already higher paying jobs.....then we would not be where were are today.

In short, our economic problems are entirely cultural. Every American bears the blame, not a select few of the most wealthy or most poor.

All I have to say is that Obie reiterated in his last presser that we will leave Afghanistan with a stable Democracy when we leave.

All I have to ask, will Obie's daughters enlist when they come of age and we are still there 'winning hearts n' changing minds'?

Actually, the real problem we face with our economics is that we the people have accepted and endorsed the kinds of every day business practices that have lead to today's massive wealth inequality. Maybe people should have started pushing harder a while back ago. But for too long we've agreed to work for comparatively lower wages so that our higher ups could make more money. We agreed to pay comparatively higher prices for goods and services that also helped fuel the mentalities that now exist.

If the public had been less willing to pay 1000% markups, more willing to go without various luxuries in the interest of promoting a business approach with which they were more inclined to agree on an ethical level, more willing to be educated and knowledgeable when making purchasing decisions, more willing to do their part as individuals to insist on better wages for their lower paying jobs, more willing to be more ethical when demanding higher wages for already higher paying jobs.....then we would not be where were are today.

In short, our economic problems are entirely cultural. Every American bears the blame, not a select few of the most wealthy or most poor.

That is about the most feeble thing I've ever heard. Tell it to the 46,000,000 which are at or below the poverty level. This is the only industrialized country in the world where over 500 companies make money off of sick people and we still rate 37th in the world in general health. According to your analysis blame it on those who happen to get sick.

That is about the most feeble thing I've ever heard. Tell it to the 46,000,000 which are at or below the poverty level. This is the only industrialized country in the world where over 500 companies make money off of sick people and we still rate 37th in the world in general health. According to your analysis blame it on those who happen to get sick.

What a ridiculous comment. I'm talking about the nature of our economic and business practices in our culture. I never said anything about people getting sick. And even if I had, your claim doesn't even make any sense.

What a ridiculous comment. I'm talking about the nature of our economic and business practices in our culture. I never said anything about people getting sick. And even if I had, your claim doesn't even make any sense.

Claim? It's the truth. Big companies used to share profits with the government and their employees. Since the late 1990's they've been taking away pensions, outsourcing 25 year employees to companies which offer no benefits, increasing the number of work hours and automating processes and laying off.

In the late 40's and 50's a corporate executive earned about 5-10 times what a carpenter earned. By the 70's that factor had increased to about 50 times as much. Guess what we know about last year...2010. Yes sport's fans an average CEO in this country made about 550 times what an ordinary American worker earned. They also load up the boards of directors with a bunch who will agree to anything and fix it so that if the company fails they'll still make out like a bandit.

It ain't working.

The wealthy and powerful have quadrupled their wealth in the last 15 years while ordinary Americans either remained stagnant or lost ground. They know they've got it made. Their offspring will never go to a shithole desert 10,000 miles away and fight and die in some made up war which was totally unnecessary.

In Great Britain the wealthy and powerful and even royalty believe they owe it to the country which made them wealthy and powerful to enter the military and serve a reasonable time.

As we speak Prince Harry is preparing to become proficient as an Apache Helicopter pilot as did his brother and his father, the Prince of Wales. When Harry's training is complete he will return to Afghanistan.

Liar. All my brothers have served in that fucking desert.

Claim? It's the truth. Big companies used to share profits with the government and their employees. Since the late 1990's they've been taking away pensions, outsourcing 25 year employees to companies which offer no benefits, increasing the number of work hours and automating processes and laying off.

In the late 40's and 50's a corporate executive earned about 5-10 times what a carpenter earned. By the 70's that factor had increased to about 50 times as much. Guess what we know about last year...2010. Yes sport's fans an average CEO in this country made about 550 times what an ordinary American worker earned. They also load up the boards of directors with a bunch who will agree to anything and fix it so that if the company fails they'll still make out like a bandit.

It ain't working.

You wouldn't know 'truth' if it introduced itself with a fucking business card.

Maybe what needs to be looked at first are the Government Protected Monopolies? Government has It's hand in every wallet, yet, it never seems to have enough, nor be able to turn Any Government Program into Anything that relates to Self Generating. Government seems more interested in Dependency than Self Reliance. Too often compounding damage, and then demanding more to deal with it. The proclaimed solutions only create more expectation and dependency. That ain't working out so well. Look at the ACORN Spawn. Every Penney invested in them, only creates more debt, it actually multiplies the deficit. The more they touch, the bigger the hole.

What needs to change in this country is for folks to make their own way in life regardless of the stature of others. What is the worth in envying the success of others?

You are either the measure of a man, or your are the measure of another. One succeeds, the other is doomed to failure.

I pity those who waste their lives aspiring to gotten gains while exercising ill-gotten behariour.

and yet they are scared shitless while the rest of us stand strong. That is why they think they need so much wealth to try to appease their paranoia.

This dude is outta reality...

Everything Prince Harry has is a fucken joke and was handed to him. Besides the fact they are royalty and literally owe everything to GB because if they were anywhere else they would have been beheaded....

because he is an apache pilot all the sudden the royal family isn't rich snobs

Look my family is not rich, we are probably way poorer than you we live under the poverty line. My mother works 3 jobs and I'm working my ass off to make something of myself so I can hopefully allow her to retire early. I have been given a lot of financial assistance in my education, I'm so tired of these lazy assholes blaming the rich for being better at life than them. That's all it comes down to in most instances... I agree, the banks shouldn't of been bailed out, big business takes certain leisure but you lost the battle when you don't believe you can overcome these obstacles that are extremely defeat-able.

My biggest obstacle is the government getting in the way of achieving what I want by enslaving me, be it through taxes or the destruction of my currency.

Your right about ONE thing..... Yes, we need change in this country! That change should be a REAL conservative in the WH, and not some pseudo conservative like Boosh. Plus we need to throw Obama out on his ass.... retire already, PLEASE!

As for your whiney bitchie little post.... Get wealthy yourself and stop bitching about what you cant seem to do in your own.

Oh, and as for the royalty in Britain.... Palease!!! Give me a break! They do NOTHING for all the wealth they have!

I've lived more years of my life in poverty than I have done so in "wealth'.

Yet my opinion has never changed regarding the wealthy and powerful. And that opinion has always been- and will always remain... who gives a fuck.

Yet, now that I've attained sufficient income and have accumulated the assets to assure a relatively comfortable life - people tell me "wow you must be rich".

So I say to them- I have a decent wife and four healthy kids... and that makes me the wealthiest motherfucker on earth.

Two tennets by which I live: "A friend's good fortune is a blessing" and "Every day is a journey- and the journey itself is home". Google that shit.

I'm sick and tired of bitching moaning hapless sad-sack have nots who covet and desire the fortunes of others.

What's wrong with this country is TV shows like Jersey Shore and the various Housewives along with a host of other ridiculous shows are actually produced, the people in them actually make money doing them and people like the OP watch them.

What needs to change in this country is for folks to make their own way in life regardless of the stature of others. What is the worth in envying the success of others?

You are either the measure of a man, or your are the measure of another. One succeeds, the other is doomed to failure.

I pity those who waste their lives aspiring to gotten gains while exercising ill-gotten behariour.

Like the CEO's who rip off fifty times what they're worth?

Like the Wall St. Banks who package worthless mortgages, stamp them AAA and sell them all over the world and then hedge against failure?

Like the congress who's in the pockets of the wealthy and corporations? It takes $35 million and a year of campaigning to get reelected. Do you think those who provide that money don't expect favors?

Like the million dollar a year lobbyists who waltz up and down the halls of the capitol building in imported shoes and $2,500 suits to be sure the ones who pay them get what they want?

It Ain't Working!

Forum List

Back