You know what... I am insane

Wouldnt surprise me in the least.
Anyone who goes through life and doesnt have a job is bound to suffer from mental illness.
Feeling like you're worth something is very important to a man.
Most get a sense of self worth by doing things that are productive. If all you do is sit around on your ass you're bound to feel worthless.
It's really self explanatory.
Even doing something as simple as cleaning the garage makes you feel like you've done something and gives you a sense of satisfaction.
I can no longer do things as simple as cleaning my garage because of my hip and back problems and I fight feeling worthless everyday.
Even with my Wife telling me it isnt my fault I cant do these things anymore it still weighs on my mind.

Anyone who goes through life and doesnt have a job is bound to suffer from mental illness.
Most get a sense of self worth by doing things that are productive. If all you do is sit around on your ass you're bound to feel worthless.
Even doing something as simple as cleaning the garage makes you feel like you've done something and gives you a sense of satisfaction.
I can no longer do things as simple as cleaning my garage because of my hip and back problems and I fight feeling worthless everyday.
Even with my Wife telling me it isnt my fault I cant do these things anymore it still weighs on my mind.
Measuring one's worth by one's employment status is the American insanity.

Last edited:
Mmmm. I believe Mort has said he's been diagnosed schizophrenic. Hopefully he'll correct me if I'm wrong.
Your second quote hints at the problem as most will probably never fully recover from schizophrenia and certainly not in "five minutes".
Armchair diagnosis is dangerous
. Bi-Polar disorder is a current flavour which can be hugely helped by medication on top of a regime of healthy living and exercise as key supplements .

There is some truth truth to this. Those in Canada who have denied me self determination and interfered in my careers are no different than what the Stasi or KGB did to ther citizens in East Germany and Russia. It is cowardly, cruel, vicious self serving actions that harm their nation as they get drunk on power and state money: a police Kakistocracy. Like those aforementioned economies, we will follow their fate and the abusers will experience the same God willing. It's clear American leaders have determined that Canada, lead by Toronto, is in steep decline. Those who destroy others, destroy all those around them.

There is some truth truth to this. Those in Canada who have denied me self determination and interfered in my careers are no different than what the Stasi or KGB did to ther citizens in East Germany and Russia. It is cowardly, cruel, vicious self serving actions that harm their nation as they get drunk on power and state money: a police Kakistocracy. Like those aforementioned economies, we will follow their fate and the abusers will experience the same God willing. It's clear American leaders have determined that Canada, lead by Toronto, is in steep decline. Those who destroy others, destroy all those around them.
Our non stop self pitying whining machine .

Everybody and everything at fault save you .

Measuring one's worth by one's employment status is the American insanity.
It's not about employment status, it's about having something productive to do. It gives one a sense of self-worth.

Not just people- even dogs are happier when they have a job to do.

It's not about employment status, it's about having something productive to do. It gives one a sense of self-worth.

Not just people- even dogs are happier when they have a job to do.

That is idealised, but some have 3 jobs just to pay their bills, it is about surviving, you need money to survive, so you need to pay the bills, and not everyone has the privilege to do what he likes or what makes him happy. Some have depressive jobs, they do not like, but they have to work to break their back just to pay their bills, feed their children etc. Also it is not true that I dont do anything or that Im unhappy. I busy myself with things i like, alot on social media etc. for example. I dont make a living out of it, but some do, and you could, some so called influencers earn alot of money with their work.

That is idealised, but some have 3 jobs just to pay their bills, it is about surviving, you need money to survive, so you need to pay the bills, and not everyone has the privilege to do what he likes or what makes him happy. Some have depressive jobs, they do not like, but they have to work to break their back just to pay their bills, feed their children etc. Also it is not true that I dont do anything or that Im unhappy. I busy myself with things i like, alot on social media etc. for example. I dont make a living out of it, but some do, and you could, some so called influencers earn alot of money with their work.
And you read all that into post #15?

Who said you were unhappy?

Forum List

Back