.....you know, Lauren Boebert is kinda attractive, but.......

"That’s what you get for mocking future Fox News Airhead Babes using full length articles."

Well, the advice from Taz has traction with me.
There is only so much bandwidth.
I get it.
So, in the future I will try to distill a bit more.

My concern with that Boebert article was that the whole piece added context to the issues raised ---Boebert herself, and the slide into the nutbar-world by some in the GOP, some of the most prominent GOP spokespeople -----in both the Rightfield and the Leftfield media.

Those nutbars are giving the rest of America real pause in our confidence in the Republican party, and more importantly, pause in our confidence that Congress is a forum for serious people to debate and accomplish serious legislation that helps Americans. When nutbars are the face of Congress that can't be a good thing for America.

IMHO

"That’s what you get for mocking future Fox News Airhead Babes using full length articles."

Well, the advice from Taz has traction with me.
There is only so much bandwidth.
I get it.
So, in the future I will try to distill a bit more.

My concern with that Boebert article was that the whole piece added context to the issues raised ---Boebert herself, and the slide into the nutbar-world by some in the GOP, some of the most prominent GOP spokespeople -----in both the Rightfield and the Leftfield media.

Those nutbars are giving the rest of America real pause in our confidence in the Republican party, and more importantly, pause in our confidence that Congress is a forum for serious people to debate and accomplish serious legislation that helps Americans. When nastbars are the face of Congress that can't be a good thing for Americans

IMHO
I was just teasing you.

However , IMHO you’re focusing too much on the symptom (airhead representatives) and not at all on the cause, specifically why ordinary citizens thought such bloviating airheads were worthy to respresent them. How does our society take perfectly rational people and warp their beliefs to the degree necessary to elect such creatures to high office in the first place? How did such vile chattel as American Politicians become vessels of admiration simply for the honeyed bullshit that constantly drips from their ever lying tongues? NONE of these creatures care about equitably solving ANYTHING, all they care about is figuring out a way to fool a majority of the voters into electing them to the next higher office and that includes all the callous elected serpents on the left as well as the right.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, AOC doesn't act "nuts".
She's pretty rationale. And articulate.
She's smart.
You may disagree with her politics, but she is doing the job for her constituents pretty well.

She grasped the potential of social media as a means to communicate to her constituents (the Bronx and Queens) better than any other Representative or Senator in their districts.
And with that she made legislation more transparent and politicians more approachable for her constituents. Those are good things.
She introduced the Green New Deal....which is a significant complicated bill.
To be sure, aspects of it may be too ambitious for this time, but it showed she is a serious legislator. It's details will percolate for some time to come, and in future legislation.

And then the crystallizing incident that made me an admirer was her in-your-face disciplining of Florida Congressmen Ted Yoho.
I don't know how you feel about that exchange she had with Yoho on the steps of the Capitol, poster IrishLass, where he called her a 'F______g Bitch' in front of another Congressman, AOC' staff, and ...duh! ..... a reporter.

AOC very rightfully publicly held him to account for his misogyny.
I have a strong and assertive bride, she would have done what AOC did. I have no doubt whatsoever on that. So would my mother when she was alive. My treasured nieces too, ain't gonna put up with d*ckhead men dissing them.
So, living in the family world as I do.....I heard AOC's response, and I recognized the steel within her.

She said on the floor of the House when she called Yoho out:

"My father, thankfully, is not alive to see how Mr. Yoho treated his daughter. My mother got to see Mr. Yoho's disrespect on the floor of this house towards me on television, and I am here because I have to show my parents that I am their daughter and that they did not raise me to accept abuse from men.

Now, what I am here to say is that this harm that Mr. Yoho levied, tried to levy against me, was not just an incident directed at me, but when you do that to any woman..... in using that language, in front of the press, he gave permission to use that language against his wife, his daughters, women in his community, and I am here to stand up to say that is not acceptable."

"...... this issue is not about one incident. It is cultural. It is a culture of a lack of impunity, of acceptance of violence and violent language against women....."
-------------------------------------------------------------

So with that, I became an admirer of the steel within Alexandreia Ocasio-Cortez.

It surprises me, IrishLass, that you feel otherwise.
Rational and articulate? Was she being rational when she claimed the world would end in 12 years due to climate change? My Border Collie is smarter and doesn't need orthodontia like her!

surewood_logo2 (2).jpg

So now liberals are taking pot shots at QAnon. Remember QAnon helped put MTG in office and on the front page.

My concern with that Boebert article was that the whole piece added context to the issues raised ---Boebert herself, and the slide into the nutbar-world by some in the GOP, some of the most prominent GOP spokespeople
Nutbars? How far do you think name calling will get you?

I just saw a video of Boebert in another topic. I think it is the first time I've heard of her.

During one part of her speech, she began grinning out of context of what she was saying, and my exact thought was, "She sounds just like Sarah Palin."

I mean, exactly like Palin.

That weird grin and voice. It was creepy.

I just saw a video of Boebert in another topic. I think it is the first time I've heard of her.
During one part of her speech, she began grinning out of context of what she was saying, and my exact thought was, "She sounds just like Sarah Palin."
I mean, exactly like Palin.
That weird grin and voice. It was creepy.
Palin was someone else unfairly attacked by liberals because of her misunderstood statements.

Palin was someone else unfairly attacked by liberals because of her misunderstood statements.
She was way, way out of her league. No way was she qualified to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

And she really exposed her batshittery after losing the election. She gave birth to the movement which opened the door wide for Trump to jump from the Democratic party to the GOP and gut it from the inside.

Probably the biggest mistake McCain ever made.

Rational and articulate? Was she being rational when she claimed the world would end in 12 years due to climate change? My Border Collie is smarter and doesn't need orthodontia like her!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

@AOC

This is a technique of the GOP, to take dry humor + sarcasm literally and “fact check” it. Like the “world ending in 12 years” thing, you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal. But the GOP is basically Dwight from The Office so who knows.

Your Border Collie knew she wasn't serious.

Boebert keeps doubling down on her stupidity, like most Trumptards.

She was way, way out of her league. No way was she qualified to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

And she really exposed her batshittery after losing the election. She gave birth to the movement which opened the door wide for Trump to jump from the Democratic party to the GOP and gut it from the inside.

Probably the biggest mistake McCain ever made.
Progs make politics very dense and so sophisticated. Palin would have improved our ways of living if empowered. Repub elites did not help her with national agendas with the Presidential candidate throwing the election to Obama by running a meek campaign. Her family is like many. But they are not like Biden's son. City folk make fun of and destroy rural folk because they control the broadcasting. City folk would die pretty quickly in real survival situations of human existence. Anyway, you stole the election of 2020 and you told everyone you are better and turning more and more people impoverished. Damn.. I love you Progs...your vengeance will cleanse the nation and the west and most of the globe. you have to get the pensions of the privileged government employees and strong union jobs of the last few decades. You have not started that yet even with some faltering. The port workers and teamsters need to be put into a totalitarian state of genuflecting obedience for your views to have any success.

"Remember QAnon helped put MTG in office and on the front page."
I'm not exactly sure that is a positive testimonial for either MTG or QAnon.

It's a birds-of-a-feather thingy.

----------------------------------------------
"She sounds just like Sarah Palin."
I have posted such in some thread a while back. She sounds like a dumber Palin. But her brunette cheerleader looks will be a media magnet. I think poster g5000....or some other poster here.....is perceptive in the suggestion that she is bound for FoxBabe-istan, or Tucker Carlson's sidekick.

I did smile at the suggestion by someone in this old thread that Boebert should not be happy that she is perceived as just a mere water-carrier sponge-man, for Marjorie Taylor Green.

They are sorta kinda like the co-Prom Queens of Nutbarlandia.

IMHO

--------------------------------------------
"you stole the election of 2020"
Gee, good poster 'cidw', you do know that it is nearly 13-months since that alleged "theft"?
And you still whine and whimper about it on a public chatroom!

Free advice, amigo: Do something about it!

Write your Congressman, write your two Senators, write your state's top Election official, call your local FBI office, hell, go see your county sheriff. Take your proofs and evidences to them, and make your case. Duh!

Your incessant whining and complaining makes your avatar look weak, indecisive, and dependent upon stronger people to make a way in this world.
How admirable is that? You should be able to represent yourself better than that. IMHO

Again, get off your chatroom link and go be a doer, someone who is a pro-active 'git-er-done' kind of person. A leader. Not a sit-on-your-butt whiner & boo-bird.

ps......let us know how how your persuasions with those representatives above progresses.
Thanks.

.....but, as WaPo describes she's trying too hard without enough game in her act.....

Today, they had this treatment of poor Lauren, and the crazies trying to out-crazy each other.
She can't like the interpretation that she's a water-carrier, the ingenue, understudy..........for Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Still, my poor avatar though it was entertaining.......

"a clinic in crazy talk".
Ditto that. We know.

------------------------------------------View attachment 504876

Poor Lauren Boebert.
The QAnon-admiring first-term Republican congresswoman from Colorado has tried everything to get noticed. Since she burst on the scene by tweeting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) whereabouts during the Jan. 6 insurrection, she has attempted one stunt after another.

To protest President Biden’s immigration policy, she noisily unfurled a foil blanket and covered herself in it during Biden’s address to Congress. She announced at a town hall that she had “very good information” that a secret scandal would oust Democrats from power before 2022, a popular QAnon claim. Two hours after the Boulder shooter killed 10 people in her home state, she sent a fundraising email asking donors to tell “radical liberals” Pelosi and Biden “‘HELL NO’ to taking our guns.”

But she has languished as a poor man’s Sarah Palin and a third-rate Josh Hawley, as others seize the spotlight with superior antics. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), another QAnon aficionado, inflamed the House with her antisemitic talk of Jewish “space lasers” and likening public health guidelines to the Holocaust. Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.) spoke at a confab of QAnon types where the violent overthrow of the U.S. government was contemplated. Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Ga.) compared the Jan. 6 insurrection to a “normal tourist visit.”

Boebert had to raise her game. And on Wednesday, she gave it her best shot. She assembled 10 colleagues in the House TV studio to announce her new resolution to censure Biden — a reprimand that a chamber of Congress has delivered only once in U.S. history, to Andrew Jackson — over Biden’s border policy. “The Biden regime has punched our Border Patrol agents in the face!” she shouted, after calling Vice President Harris “Cackling Kamala.”

Not bad. But Boebert was immediately overshadowed by her colleagues, who put on a clinic in crazy talk.

Mod Edit: Shortened to excerpt
OK...

Progs make politics very dense and so sophisticated. Palin would have improved our ways of living if empowered. Repub elites did not help her with national agendas with the Presidential candidate throwing the election to Obama by running a meek campaign. Her family is like many. But they are not like Biden's son. City folk make fun of and destroy rural folk because they control the broadcasting. City folk would die pretty quickly in real survival situations of human existence. Anyway, you stole the election of 2020 and you told everyone you are better and turning more and more people impoverished. Damn.. I love you Progs...your vengeance will cleanse the nation and the west and most of the globe. you have to get the pensions of the privileged government employees and strong union jobs of the last few decades. You have not started that yet even with some faltering. The port workers and teamsters need to be put into a totalitarian state of genuflecting obedience for your views to have any success.
The economy was in the middle of the worst crash since the Depression. It was all on Bush.

McCain didn't stand a chance.

Sure, it's the GQP still repeating it, like it's fact.
As bad as when Obama claimed 57 states.
The world will end by new years day 2022, start spreading that.

Sea sponge.

The youngest woman ever elected to Congress again made headlines and sparked conservative criticism when she said Monday that she and other young Americans fear "the world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change."

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., made the remark during an interview with writer Ta-Nehisi Coates at the MLK Now event in New York City celebrating the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.

Ocasio-Cortez called the fight to mitigate the effects of climate change her generation's "World War II."

"Millennials and Gen Z and all these folks that come after us are looking up, and we're like, 'The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?' " she said.

The world will end by new years day 2022, start spreading that.

2031. Sheesh.

Forum List

Back