You Just Won The Lotto

I would donate to children's hospitals and have I would help people with medical bills.....helping the homeless would be up there too......either contributing to reputable charities trying to give long term help, or doing my own thing to do https://
I would donate to children's hospitals and have I would help people with medical bills.....helping the homeless would be up there too......either contributing to reputable charities trying to give long term help, or doing my own thing to do that......
something like this

Attachments

• 9574F7D5-872A-46BA-9A94-6611D8DD774F.jpeg
    9574F7D5-872A-46BA-9A94-6611D8DD774F.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 7
I feel like I just won the lotto. One of my dreams is to live near rivers and do a lot of river exploring. And I have the perfect boat for it. Flat bottom boat. I have the Huron river nearby but Iā€™ve done that river. I want bigger and more. My bro has property in otsego county. In fact, thatā€™s where the boats been sitting for years collecting dust. So my dream has been right at my fingertips for years and I havenā€™t taken advantage. That all ends this spring. And honestly, even if I hit the lotto I wouldnā€™t move there. Iā€™d just get a vacation property. Thanks to my bro, I already have that.

Anyway, this summer Iā€™m going to explore the manistee river, au sable, pigeon, black, east Jordan and sturgeon. Sturgeon is the fastest moving river in Michigan.

Ten years we havenā€™t seen any of it and weā€™ve had this boat the entire time. I feel so stupid.

Good luck and enjoy.............life is short, enjoy what you can.

I just got back from working 3 weeks in Florida. One thing that would make me happier is a place in Florida where I can live from January 1 to April 1. 3 months

And as easy as my job is, it's still stress and tying me down. But I need healthcare. In Florida I heard everyone say, "I'm 62 and I'd like to retire but I have to work until I'm 65 because I can't afford private healthcare."

So we are all tied to our jobs until at least 65 when medicare kicks in. I will be FURIOUS if Republicans raise that age.

So I have to work another 13 years. Don't know if I can make it. Plus, I have lived a rough life. Drinking, smoking and eating what I wanted my whole life. How long am I going to live? If I retire at 65, how many good years will I have left? Seriously! And my dad retired when he was 59. I want to do that. Maybe I get real cheap insurance and roll the dice and retire early. Maybe I just risk it and go 3 years without healthcare in my 60's.

Maybe by then Obamacare will have something for me. Maybe $300 a month. That's $4K a year for healthcare. Too much. Eat up my savings.

I know most don't like it that interest went up but I do. Now I get 4% on savings instead of .05% when interest was low.

Anyways, I'm in that 52 year rut where you're close and want to retire but not really that close. Plus the stock market sucks so I can't wait for Putin to stop that war so my stocks will start going back up. I'm sick of buying low I want to see high.

Do you ever get in one of those ruts? I was burned out in December. Ran off to Florida and had a great time but it wasn't enough. If I won the lotto when I was down there, I would have never come back. But I'm sure I'll get back into a groove and spring will be here before I know it and things will be better again. Winters suck. We all get a little depressed in the winter.

If I could retire tomorrow, I'd be in Florida right now. On the low end you can buy a small condo on the intercoastal for $400K. That would be my winter home. Summer I would live where I live now because I'm on a lake. And we love going up north MI all year round so I would definitely stay in MI. But when my brother and his family goes to Greece in the summer, I'd go. You need to be able to stay for a month. 2 weeks isn't enough.

So Florida, MI and Greece is where I would spend the majority of my time.

Two scenarios.

1. You win enough so you don't have to work but you have to be economical. Do you continue to work 45 hours a week?

Me, I'd keep working until I had enough NO WAY I'd ever run out. No possible emergency could wipe me out. Id probably put the money in a safe annuity and live off the payments. I'd be modest and not blow the money. I wouldn't buy a bigger place I'd just pimp out mine.

2. You won a mega. Where would you go and what would you do?

My family goes to Greece every year around july-august so two months a year would be in Greece. September would be all about hunting up north Michigan Oct 1 thru Jan 1.

Where to go jan-april 1st. Somewhere warm. I usually say Florida but there are so many cool places. Maybe I would live somewhere different every year these 3 months.

April-july 5th I would live local but on a much more rich lake. I live on a lake with upper middle class people now. There are lakes where every home is a couple million $. I'd live in a better area code.

Or I'd get an RV and take trips in it.

I have very little interest in bling, expensive cars, etc but I would have a sweet Jeep and a sports car.

Definitely a sailboat on the great lakes.

Maybe a massive yacht in a marina on the Florida keys or a houseboat on lake Cumberland.

A helicopter.

Horses, dogs, barn, land, rescue cats.

If you were in my posse you'd never have to worry about money.

Anonymous donations to people who need it. Not to charity. Directly to the person who needs help.

Piston, tiger, lions, uofm, msu, redwing games.

Fine dining, best clothes, more toys like side by sides, another quad, another jetski

A $1 lotto ticket is worth every penny
I'd move to Costa Rica and work 50-60 hours a week
cabinkitchen.jpeg

I'd move to Costa Rica and work 50-60 hours a week
View attachment 750350

I wouldn't want to move to any one place. Then I'm stuck there. Is Costa Rica amazing? I bet it is.

We always feel sorry for our Florida friends when we leave. Better to be snowbirds. I love MI too much to leave it. Metro Detroit and Up North MI are heaven. Depends on the city you live in I guess but I live in a good city/county.

The prices are going up in Florida big time. My bro recently paid $125K for a condo now it's $170K. 2 miles from the Ocean. A1A. Fort Lauderdale. Beautiful and you have the big city life too. You can go to a Dolphins game or to a million amazing restaurants. Publix. And I can always take a cruise to Costa Rica.

If I had more time in Florida I would have taken a boat taxi for $35

Fort Lauderdale Water Taxi - All Day Pass​

1674577542619.jpeg

Forum List

Back