You Have To Be Kidding!!!!

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Gee, you tell the people who helped put you in office (twice) they are not doing the right thing for America - and they get pissed off - you are surprised?

White House surprised at GOP anger over speech
By Jon Ward and Ralph Z. Hallow
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

President Bush did not intend to single out his conservative supporters for criticism in a speech on immigration reform last week and was "surprised" that his remarks angered Republicans, White House spokesman Tony Snow said yesterday.
"He was surprised by the reaction," Mr. Snow said of Mr. Bush's speech in Glynco, Ga., last week. "The speech in Georgia was, 'We've got a serious problem, and we need to fix it.' It was not in any way designed to be pointed at Republicans."

"Those determined to find fault with this bill will always be able to look at a narrow slice of it and find something they don't like," Mr. Bush said in the May 29 speech about the legislation being debated in the Senate. "If you want to kill the bill, if you don't want to do what's right for America, you can pick one little aspect out of it, you can use it to frighten people. Or you can show leadership and solve this problem once and for all."

Some Republicans on Capitol Hill said that Mr. Bush seemed to be questioning their patriotism, and several conservative activists said the president was splitting the Republican Party by insulting those who have been his most loyal supporters.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20070607-123059-3709r.htm

Gee, you tell the people who helped put you in office (twice) they are not doing the right thing for America - and they get pissed off - you are surprised?

White House surprised at GOP anger over speech
By Jon Ward and Ralph Z. Hallow
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

President Bush did not intend to single out his conservative supporters for criticism in a speech on immigration reform last week and was "surprised" that his remarks angered Republicans, White House spokesman Tony Snow said yesterday.
"He was surprised by the reaction," Mr. Snow said of Mr. Bush's speech in Glynco, Ga., last week. "The speech in Georgia was, 'We've got a serious problem, and we need to fix it.' It was not in any way designed to be pointed at Republicans."

"Those determined to find fault with this bill will always be able to look at a narrow slice of it and find something they don't like," Mr. Bush said in the May 29 speech about the legislation being debated in the Senate. "If you want to kill the bill, if you don't want to do what's right for America, you can pick one little aspect out of it, you can use it to frighten people. Or you can show leadership and solve this problem once and for all."

Some Republicans on Capitol Hill said that Mr. Bush seemed to be questioning their patriotism, and several conservative activists said the president was splitting the Republican Party by insulting those who have been his most loyal supporters.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20070607-123059-3709r.htm

I'm sorry, but GW has shown in the past 7 months that like Clinton before him, he's only interested in 'legacy.' Unlike Clinton, he is staying on his promises from 2000, not 2004. I shouldn't be surprised. I did not like his first 7 months in office, I disagreed with where he was going both domestically, (too compassionate) and internationally, (too disengaged). But he had laid out his agenda, I just mistakenly thought it was to get the votes of the moderate Democrats.

September 11th I thought brought him to reality. He was great in the aftermath, but started stumbling around after Afghanistan. Now it's just horrendous, for both the country and the GOP.

This is expected of a president who does not know where he is going with his speaches 90% of the time. He slips up like this all the time and in the process, divides his own party substantially.

He has divided America even worse than Clinton. That was very evident to me, after Katrina. Not so much after 9-11 because he did a good job with his speaches. He started losing support from his own party after the slow progress of Iraq, and Katrina. Thats why he lost both houses when he "thought" they would win. I think he would do everyone a favor, if he would just subside from thinking, and let someone else speak for him and sign for him.

I think the White House would be "suprised" to find out about this new thing called the Internet, how much milk costs and that railroad tracks now link up, coast to coast.

I'm sorry, but GW has shown in the past 7 months that like Clinton before him, he's only interested in 'legacy.' Unlike Clinton, he is staying on his promises from 2000, not 2004. I shouldn't be surprised. I did not like his first 7 months in office, I disagreed with where he was going both domestically, (too compassionate) and internationally, (too disengaged). But he had laid out his agenda, I just mistakenly thought it was to get the votes of the moderate Democrats.

September 11th I thought brought him to reality. He was great in the aftermath, but started stumbling around after Afghanistan. Now it's just horrendous, for both the country and the GOP.

I agree with you

What pushed me over the edge was being called a racist, or how I hate brown people by fellow republicans

I expect that from libs, but not from my own party

Forum List

Back