You go back in time and become a delegate at the Constitutional Convention

There is no possibility of creation? I've never heard a scientist say this. How can you even prove such a a thing?

Again, science is all about hypothesis and observation and putting your ideas to the test. As such, abiogenesis is what has not been proven, just as much as creation.

As for a God being put to the test, this is equally impossible.
Science has proven that the world was not made in 6 days. Nor was a woman made out of a man's rib. Nor was there a worldwide flood...

You said that science has disproved creation, but apparently you meant that science has disproved the Bible instead. Is this right?

As for creation being in only 6 days, you are correct, science says that this is BS. However, not all those who believe in the Bible think so either. There are two camps on the issue, there are old earth creationists and there are those who think that the story is only allegory.

For example, you could take the story of Adam and Eve as literal truth, or you could take it as allegory. If taken as allegory, the story is about two people being told not to partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Does it strike you as odd that the forbidden tree was named "Knowledge"? Well looking at society today, knowledge is what is destroying us. WMD's, global warming, plastics that will not degrade, genetically altered plants that cannot reproduce, and soon to be AI that is so terrifying that it's creator stopped and washed his hands of it.

For you see, knowledge without wisdom brings death.

As for Genesis being taken literally from an Old Creationist point of view, Dr. Gerald Schroeder is the only one I know who has attempted to bring science and the Bible into agreement on this issue. His book Genesis and the Big Bang did a pretty good job in bridging the two. Here is a video if interested.

Also understand that the person who came up with the Big Bang theory was a priest, someone Einstein discarded because he had a reputation to protect, but was later shown to be correct.

As for what was meant by the "rib", that is more or less a mystery whether being taken literally or as an allegory. Suffice it to say, it signified that man and woman were from the same origins.

I have heard scientists say that there was no global flood, but I have also heard them say that there was not enough water on earth to flood the entire world. The later has changed, however, after discovering oceans of water below the earth. Also, there are other ancient accounts of a massive flood in that region from other ancient cultures, all of them varying to some degree. Looking at this from such a position, it is impossible to refute that there was a massive flood in the region, albeit speculative that it engulfed the entire world.

So you don't believe the bible is true either, and that's where the story of creation comes from. I'm listening to the video now, but it doesn't seem relevant, everyone needs to attribute a different meaning to what is written, so basically, NOBODY believes that the bible is true.

You are listening to the video now?

You nave not watched the video, in other words. FYI, there are 5 of them and should come one after the other.

Of course, if you don't have the time I can just summarize it for you.

Schroeder looked at ancient rabbinical writings on Genesis and discovered that the consensus was that the Earth was not made in only 6 days.

If you look at the Hebrew terms for the days in Genesis, what you will discover is that the terms "morning" and "evening" can be translated "chaos" and "order".

Then when man is made, the terms used to denote the passage of time changes as we are given a second clock to measure time. The generations from Adam measure about 6000 years.

Now as for Adam's creation, these same rabbis came to the startling conclusion that there may have been other humanoids around. In essence, Adam became man only when God breathed his spirit into him.

Schroeder points to these rabbinical writings to show that he is not just pulling his theories out of thin air to match modern science because these same conclusions were reached by rabbis pre-modern science.

Then he comes up with his own clock from the beginning of creation. Using his scientific knowledge, he hypothesized that with each day time halves. This means that the first day was 8 billion years, the second day was 4 billion years, and the third day was 2 billion years, etc. If you use his clock then the scientific calendar matches the Bible calendar.

As he points out, time is relative and is manipulated by such things as speed and gravity. Time is different all throughout the universe.

Humans were dumb ape-like beings for millions of years until around 100,000 years ago or so when we became an "intelligent" species. To me, it sounds like alien intervention, but not of the supernatural kind, just regular aliens. But that aside, basically, everyone needs to make up an alternate meaning to the Torah/bible because they agree that it makes no sense as written. The guy makes up his own calendar to fit with science with his first day was 8 billion years long... Totally made up nonsense.

Wait........wut?

Aliens done it?

Face-Palm.jpg

So...such a 1-99 pass or 99-1 failure is possible; it's just extremely unlikely.

It wouldn't follow general Parliamentarian Procedures that are the basis for most (English) law. It is possible to the extent they don't say it couldn't happen, but the Founding Fathers did identify the circumstances when something else was required, and defined the requirements (super majority).

(Edit)
If you're asking me whether or not goofballs would ever attempt to interpret the Constitution to mean something it doesn't, or use an instance where the Founding Fathers failed to address all the possible bullshit someone could think of to favor their desires ... I don't think there's really a question to that.

Last edited:
Science has proven that the world was not made in 6 days. Nor was a woman made out of a man's rib. Nor was there a worldwide flood...

You said that science has disproved creation, but apparently you meant that science has disproved the Bible instead. Is this right?

As for creation being in only 6 days, you are correct, science says that this is BS. However, not all those who believe in the Bible think so either. There are two camps on the issue, there are old earth creationists and there are those who think that the story is only allegory.

For example, you could take the story of Adam and Eve as literal truth, or you could take it as allegory. If taken as allegory, the story is about two people being told not to partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge. Does it strike you as odd that the forbidden tree was named "Knowledge"? Well looking at society today, knowledge is what is destroying us. WMD's, global warming, plastics that will not degrade, genetically altered plants that cannot reproduce, and soon to be AI that is so terrifying that it's creator stopped and washed his hands of it.

As for Genesis being taken literally from an Old Creationist point of view, Dr. Gerald Schroeder is the only one I know who has attempted to bring science and the Bible into agreement on this issue. His book Genesis and the Big Bang did a pretty good job in bridging the two. Here is a video if interested.

Also understand that the person who came up with the Big Bang theory was a priest, someone Einstein discarded because he had a reputation to protect, but was later shown to be correct.

As for what was meant by the "rib", that is more or less a mystery whether being taken literally or as an allegory. Suffice it to say, it signified that man and woman were from the same origins.

I have heard scientists say that there was no global flood, but I have also heard them say that there was not enough water on earth to flood the entire world. The later has changed, however, after discovering oceans of water below the earth. Also, there are other ancient accounts of a massive flood in that region from other ancient cultures, all of them varying to some degree. Looking at this from such a position, it is impossible to refute that there was a massive flood in the region, albeit speculative that it engulfed the entire world.

So you don't believe the bible is true either, and that's where the story of creation comes from. I'm listening to the video now, but it doesn't seem relevant, everyone needs to attribute a different meaning to what is written, so basically, NOBODY believes that the bible is true.

You nave not watched the video, in other words. FYI, there are 5 of them and should come one after the other.

Schroeder looked at ancient rabbinical writings on Genesis and discovered that the consensus was that the Earth was not made in only 6 days.

If you look at the Hebrew terms for the days in Genesis, what you will discover is that the terms "morning" and "evening" can be translated "chaos" and "order".

Then when man is made, the terms used to denote the passage of time changes as we are given a second clock to measure time. The generations from Adam measure about 6000 years.

Now as for Adam's creation, these same rabbis came to the startling conclusion that there may have been other humanoids around. In essence, Adam became man only when God breathed his spirit into him.

Schroeder points to these rabbinical writings to show that he is not just pulling his theories out of thin air to match modern science because these same conclusions were reached by rabbis pre-modern science.

Then he comes up with his own clock from the beginning of creation. Using his scientific knowledge, he hypothesized that with each day time halves. This means that the first day was 8 billion years, the second day was 4 billion years, and the third day was 2 billion years, etc. If you use his clock then the scientific calendar matches the Bible calendar.

As he points out, time is relative and is manipulated by such things as speed and gravity. Time is different all throughout the universe.

Humans were dumb ape-like beings for millions of years until around 100,000 years ago or so when we became an "intelligent" species. To me, it sounds like alien intervention, but not of the supernatural kind, just regular aliens. But that aside, basically, everyone needs to make up an alternate meaning to the Torah/bible because they agree that it makes no sense as written. The guy makes up his own calendar to fit with science with his first day was 8 billion years long... Totally made up nonsense.

Wait........wut?

Aliens done it?

Face-Palm.jpg

A possibility, sure. It's no dumber than an invisible superbeing in another dimension that nobody has seen or been to did it.

A possibility, sure. It's no dumber than an invisible superbeing in another dimension that nobody has seen or been to did it.

You can call the advanced intelligence being an alien, someone else can call it God. I wouldn't suggest that the God Alien would be required to play by your rules considering you may not know what it knows, but if it makes you feel better to assume everything is a product random chance, go with that.

I mean if matter is really only altered, then giving it a particular order is what provides purpose.

Last edited:

Wait........wut?

Aliens done it?

Face-Palm.jpg

What is the difference between an ET and God?

Wait........wut?

Aliens done it?

Face-Palm.jpg

What is the difference between an ET and God?
Aliens are real, god has yet to be proven real.

Suppose you do so and in a speech you say that maybe in 75 to 100 years in the future we will have many more states. Some of the states will want to leave the Union. The others won't want to let them. A horrible civil war will start where hundreds of thousands of men will die.

So you think we should put in the Constitution that either states should or should not have the right to secede because if neither way was explicitly stated each side would claim the constitution would back them up, whereas if the constitution did take a position many people would hesitate to violate it and much if not all the bloodshed could be avoided.

Do you think you could sell the delegates on that?

Any chance if you found yourself a delegate you wouldn't even try?

States can leave the Union.....using pretty much the same process that they used to enter it.

I would make sure that we have freedom FROM religion.
Why are you against freedom?

Let him define what exactly it is we should be free from.

To be fair, the Founding Fathers in no way wanted the state in the pulpit, which is what they came from.

But they understood that a country devoid of personal faith, could not stand.

It is just common sense really. People either learn to govern themselves in a moral way, or the state does it for them. If the state is forced to do it for them, because society is amoral, then it devolves into a police state, which the US seems to becoming more each and every day.
That assumes that morality can only be taught by religion. Which is nonsense. That also assumes that people learn to be moral through religion. I argue that religion reflects the values of the people. Not creates them.

Take.....the Puritans. And they'd kill you for adultery or homosexuality.

Then take the founders. They'd kill you for homosexuality. But not adultery.

Now take more modern Christians. They won't kill you for either.

Did God change His mind? Or did the conception of god change to match the values of the people? As we're talking about the same faith, the same general location, the same language, the same bible....separated only by time.

Demonstrating that perceptions of God are adapted to match societal changes.. Or that God is capricious and malleable, changing over time.

Either of which nixes the idea of faith being an objective measure for moral reasoning. Or a reasonable basis of it.

Forum List

Back