You don't have to be black to be African American

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
You don't have to be black to be African-American.. Since I hear a lot of libs crying about Elon Musk cannot be African-American.. Let's set the record staright.
African-American is a term used to describe origin not race. just like "Irish-American" so yes white people can be and are "Afro-American"
The "African American" used to describe race was reinvented by the media. They were woke even way back when, It was because blacks did not like the word Negroes.

Last edited:
You don't have to be black to be African-American.. Since I hear a lot of libs crying about Elon Musk cannot be African-American.. Let's set the record staright.
African-American is a term used to describe origin not race. just like "Irish-American" so yes white people can be and are "Afro-American"
The "African American" used to describe race was reinvented by the media. They were woke even way back when, It was because blacks did not like the word Negroes.

Elon Musk is the greatest living African American, and he isn't a black guy.

Afrikana-speaking white people who move here describe themselves as African American and it's been backed up by the court system. Starting with a case in Chicago if I remember correctly of a white girl from an African country who applied for scholarship money set aside for ''African Americans''.

I've seen posts at other places that say "First black man to own something as large as Twitter. First black AFRICAN american". People assume stating the latter sentence is true because they have been CONDITIONED to think that way".

Musks parents are white. Father is canadian. Mother is south african. WHITE.

Africa has had millions of white people and Indian people living in Africa for a very very long time. So Africa is not all blacks and absolutely nothing else. Charlize Theron is African.

Africa is a place, not a skin color.

If you're born in America then you're American, if you're born in Africa then you're African, if you're born in Canada you're Canadian, and so on. So if a black dude is born in Boise Idaho then he is American.

If we must call blacks African Americans then you have to call me American German English Irish Canadian. Call me by every single continent my lineage is drawn from. Or we just all shut up and refer to everyone as the place they are born in. LEGALIZED citizens are the only exception to the rule as they made a new home somewhere and put the work in to become legal citizens so they deserve it.

So fuck white guilt. White people need to stop using African American, it's bullshit. Call someone black if they are black, call them by their name, call them American, but for shits sake stop using African American.

Also African.

20925CBE-D565-4E27-822E-38AB06E2E4CD.jpeg

Same with John Kerry's wife.
.the Right had a fit over her calling herself an African-American...which she is

The world's richest man, an African-American, is very much in the news these days.

lol

Forum List

Back