You can now legally do heroin, meth, and cocaine in Oregon

"Voters in Oregon approved a ballot measure Tuesday that will decriminalize the possession of small amounts of harder street drugs including but not limited to heroin, methamphetamines and cocaine.

With more than 70 percent of expected votes reported on the Oregon state website, Measure 110 lead with nearly 60 percent of the vote. The ballot measure would mean that the possession of a "non-commercial" amount of a number of drugs, which varies in amount by type, would be punishable by no more than a $100 fine. Violators can also opt to complete a health assessment for drug addiction instead of paying a fine."

Well it's about time....

Nothing keeps poor people's minds off of their being extremely poor like heroin, meth, and cocaine. I expect a hard-drug program similar to 'Food Stamps' (mail-order govt provided / tax payer-funded heroin, meth, and cocaine) to be started soon....

:p

Good. In case you haven’t noticed, the war on drugs has been an enormous costly failure resulting in numerous horrific consequences.
Well, when a President gives Mexican Drug Cartels thousands of automatic weapons and grenades, how hard are you REALLY 'fighting' a 'war' on drugs coming into our country?

The great discordian phonies on....The Cartels have always paid for the weapons they buy from the Straw buyers. Do you really think they stopped buying weapons that way? The only US Weapons they get for free is the ones they steal from the Mexican military.

Good. In case you haven’t noticed, the war on drugs has been an enormous costly failure resulting in numerous horrific consequences.

This is about as thoughtless an argument as a human being could make.
You have completely omitted/ignored the countless lives saved and enormous benefit to society of limiting drug addiction/use.

And another one......
People buy all kinds of things. What should determine if it's illegal? The users are as often victims. All the money spent on this can instead be utilized for more serious issues and that is where the meth producers and dealers come in.
Nope. It’s a failure. Stop doing the same thing that’s failed for decades, expecting a different result. This doesn’t mean addicts can’t seek help and end their addiction.

WRONG.

What's happened for decades is TENS OF MILLIONS of people have been saved from a life of drug addiction and ruin,

Congrats for approving of their misery

"Voters in Oregon approved a ballot measure Tuesday that will decriminalize the possession of small amounts of harder street drugs including but not limited to heroin, methamphetamines and cocaine.

With more than 70 percent of expected votes reported on the Oregon state website, Measure 110 lead with nearly 60 percent of the vote. The ballot measure would mean that the possession of a "non-commercial" amount of a number of drugs, which varies in amount by type, would be punishable by no more than a $100 fine. Violators can also opt to complete a health assessment for drug addiction instead of paying a fine."

Well it's about time....

Nothing keeps poor people's minds off of their being extremely poor like heroin, meth, and cocaine. I expect a hard-drug program similar to 'Food Stamps' (mail-order govt provided / tax payer-funded heroin, meth, and cocaine) to be started soon....

Well, when a President gives Mexican Drug Cartels thousands of automatic weapons and grenades, how hard are you REALLY 'fighting' a 'war' on drugs coming into our country?
Exactly my point. Thank you.

Well it's about time....

Drugs are the least of Oregon's problem

I have mixed feelings on hard drugs like meth or heroin, but - one point sticks out.

It's not exactly wholesale delegalizing. It's decriminalizing the POSESSION of SMALL amounts.

I think that might be good. Those people aren't the problem. It's the dealers and the producers.
the people aren't the problem?.....who twists their arms to go out and buy the stuff?...

People buy all kinds of things. What should determine if it's illegal? The users are as often victims. All the money spent on this can instead be utilized for more serious issues and that is where the meth producers and dealers come in.
oh come on coyote....are you telling me that in todays world someone doesnt know what cocaine and heroin are and what can happen if you begin using them?....trying something is one thing,to keep on doing it when you know the dangers is pretty stupid....they are victims of their own stupidity.....

Forum List

Back