You are Here

Seems like a lame solution that a hammer would solve and can you imagine the staff needed during busy times. Seems unimaginative and pointless.
images (1).jpeg

I am using clips posted on TikTok when looters are actively stealing and showing what the bystanders are doing. Like you I also use my own communities (multiple counties) happenings.

As you’ve implied, unfortunately true, a lot of these crimes are committed right in the face of umpteen bystanders who stand by with mouths agape. I’ve never witnessed theft personally, and imagine my jaw would be on the floor as well, just the gall required to do that.

We’re not talking about poor starving families in need of a loaf of the bread, this is very different. What’s happened is many think that the high cost of living justifies that they steal from private businesses. All areas have places not just including churches but many social services available to those in need of food and clothing. Cities and small towns alike provide for families in need. It does require contacting the services or going there, but easy to find in most areas.

On the flipside there is video evidence showing the exact opposite is happening where small groups of bystanders witness a crime and ban together to hold a suspect until police arrive. Also, videos showing individual pedestrians/witnesses helping police officers when they are attacked by a suspect.

It seems like as in the past, it will be up to the bystanders/witnesses/honest citizens to determine the fate of what kind of society we want to have without going too far policing the nation.
Had a relative in the grocery business. I know at least twice when she saw somebody, usually a guy, put a bottle of milk or loaf of bread under his coat to smuggle it out of the store, she instructed her employees to just look the other way. She knew that person needed that bread or milk more than she needed that money and she didn't have the heart to embarrass them. Those trying to smuggle out whiskey or steak though were met with a Colt 45 pointed at their faces. They turned over the merchandise and believed her when they were told to not come back...ever.

(She admitted she never had to shoot anybody and didn't know if she actually could, but she was apparently convincing. :) ) This was long ago when victims had more rights than criminals.

In a common sense world, all proprietors would be able to use whatever means necessary, even deadly force, to protect their property, customers, personnel.

Seems like a lame solution that a hammer would solve and can you imagine the staff needed during busy times. Seems unimaginative and pointless.

If theft is that much of a problem either higher professional security, like an off duty NYPD cop, or close the fucking stores.

They should require people to hand over their ID card when they enter the store, and hold their ID card until they leave.
That would be easier and cheaper and effective.
This makes sense. I remember a store from where I used to live in northern KY named Bigg's. It was like a Wal-Mart, but what made the place stand out is what you had to do if you wanted a shopping cart to use. There was a place on the cart that hooked it onto the others and the only way to get one loose from the rest was to put money in the installed slot. If you wanted the money back when you left, you had to hook it back up to the others when you were done with it. Does any other place do this? I don't know if the Bigg's store is even still a business. There isn't one where I live now.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I think drug stores are required to put narcotics in a safe after working hours and it's likely that they keep dangerous drugs in a safe area even during working hours. Mobs can steal advil and diapers but they won't get the real stuff.

This makes sense. I remember a store from where I used to live in northern KY named Bigg's. It was like a Wal-Mart, but what made the place stand out is what you had to do if you wanted a shopping cart to use. There was a place on the cart that hooked it onto the others and the only way to get one loose from the rest was to put money in the installed slot. If you wanted the money back when you left, you had to hook it back up to the others when you were done with it. Does any other place do this? I don't know if the Bigg's store is even still a business. There isn't one where I live now.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
All the Aldis grocery stores use this system.

^^^ My city has one of them stores, but I don't remember them even having carts. I've only been in there one time. I do remember that they do not provide any bags for your groceries to go into. You have to bring your own.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back