You are Here

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Seems like a lame solution that a hammer would solve and can you imagine the staff needed during busy times. Seems unimaginative and pointless.

I don’t think they encouraged the orchestrated assaults on their own stores.
Yes they did by not dealing with it before it reached that stage. My brother lives in NC and was fired by them for trying to keep stuff walking out the front door

Seems like a lame solution that a hammer would solve and can you imagine the staff needed during busy times. Seems unimaginative and pointless.
When those elected to public office refuse to even try to enforce reasonable laws to protect the public, the public has to resort to extreme measures to protect themselves or leave. And while I understand what you're saying, most pharmacies don't generally have a large number of customers on premises at any given time. But as you say, a hammer takes care of a locked cabinet and thieves in New York don't really worry about consequences of what they do.

As a business owner though it wouldn't be worth it. I would just pack up and leave.

They should require people to hand over their ID card when they enter the store, and hold their ID card until they leave.
That would be easier and cheaper and effective.

They could do what fast food industry is trialing......nobody comes in. Order at the kiosk and when you pay it will come out the chute. Your browse buys wont happen but you wont be getting robbed.

Times have changed: no longer can witnesses to theft be counted on by criminals to keep their eyes closed and mouths shut in the name of self-preservation. Cell phone cameras are good tools for primary evidence.
I don't know how it is in New York City but around here, unless it is a homicide or other major crime, police aren't really interested in seeing or hearing any evidence of crime. They've been forbidden to really do their jobs or have been punished/condemned for doing their jobs, for so long now by the PC 'woke' crowd, they no longer care all that much.

I don't know how it is in New York City but around here, unless it is a homicide or other major crime, police aren't really interested in seeing or hearing any evidence of crime. They've been forbidden to really do their jobs or have been punished/condemned for doing their jobs, for so long now by the PC 'woke' crowd, they no longer care all that much.
I am using clips posted on TikTok when looters are actively stealing and showing what the bystanders are doing. Like you I also use my own communities (multiple counties) happenings.

As you’ve implied, unfortunately true, a lot of these crimes are committed right in the face of umpteen bystanders who stand by with mouths agape. I’ve never witnessed theft personally, and imagine my jaw would be on the floor as well, just the gall required to do that.

We’re not talking about poor starving families in need of a loaf of the bread, this is very different. What’s happened is many think that the high cost of living justifies that they steal from private businesses. All areas have places not just including churches but many social services available to those in need of food and clothing. Cities and small towns alike provide for families in need. It does require contacting the services or going there, but easy to find in most areas.

On the flipside there is video evidence showing the exact opposite is happening where small groups of bystanders witness a crime and ban together to hold a suspect until police arrive. Also, videos showing individual pedestrians/witnesses helping police officers when they are attacked by a suspect.

It seems like as in the past, it will be up to the bystanders/witnesses/honest citizens to determine the fate of what kind of society we want to have without going too far policing the nation.

Yes they did by not dealing with it before it reached that stage. My brother lives in NC and was fired by them for trying to keep stuff walking out the front door
Nonsense. There is a cost benefit analysis that goes into the business decisions of merchants even relative to shoplifting. Since they can’t fight (much less win) every battle, the cold hard economic fact is that businesses factor in such losses. The average price per unit goes up.

None it that entails them having agreed to allow flash burglaries to take place.

Nonsense. There is a cost benefit analysis that goes into the business decisions of merchants even relative to shoplifting. Since they can’t fight (much less win) every battle, the cold hard economic fact is that businesses factor in such losses. The average price per unit goes up.

None it that entails them having agreed to allow flash burglaries to take place.
But they do.......little things always grow into bigger probs if left unattended and thats what they did....looked the other way cause the color of the perps was protected

Last edited:

Forum List

Back