Yikes! Beanballs For The Astros????

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
"Houston manager Dusty Baker asks MLB to protect Astros from 'premeditated' beanballs
Chris Bumbaca
USA TODAY

Houston Astros introduced Dusty Baker as their new manager, and he's had to already defend the team's sign-stealing scandal that has dominated the conversation during the start of spring training.

Now, he's beseeching Major League Baseball to prevent pitchers from throwing at Astros hitters as a form of retaliation for electronically decoding and stealing signs in real time.

With the threats becoming less veiled, the 70-year-old Baker found it necessary to speak up and begin protecting his new players.

"I'm depending on the league to try to put a stop to this seemingly premeditated retaliation that I'm hearing about," Baker told reporters Saturday morning, per ESPN. "And in most instances in life, you get kind of reprimanded when you have premeditated anything. I'm just hoping that the league puts a stop to this before somebody gets hurt."

9b4a299d-abf1-49bd-8680-3e26031d23cd-Dusty_Baker_beanballs.JPG

As camps have opened in Arizona and Florida this week, player after player have ripped the Astros for not only cheating, but the initial lack of sincerity in their apologies.

Los Angeles Angels lefty Andrew Heaney laced into an expletive-filled tirade, as did the Cincinnati Reds' Trevor Bauer. Los Angeles Dodgers righty Ross Stripling said had he been traded to the Angels he probably would have thrown at Astros players. Dodgers pitcher Alex Wood said "someone will take it into their own hands."

Cody Bellinger Dodgers said Houston "stole" the 2017 World Series from them.

Two-time Cy Young award winner and Astros right-hander Justin Verlander told reporters retaliating in that manner is archaic.

"The game has changed," Verlander said. "I think the commissioner has made it very clear in the past few seasons that throwing a baseball at somebody isn't an appropriate form of retaliation in the game anymore. The problem is knowing if it's on purpose or not. But I guess when you come out and say I'm going to do it on purpose, you know."
Houston manager Dusty Baker asks MLB to protect Astros from beanballs

Heard a radio report that the average team was thrown at 66 times last year....and Las Vegas oddsmakers are saying Astros will be thrown at 86 times this year....

Be fair!
The least teams can do is bang a garbage can when they're gonna throw at 'em.....

Baseball spouts its clean by not taking the blame for anything that happens. The steroid era destroyed the one sport that crosses all the eras to speak about the greats. Then we get this. What a corrupted sport. Money corrupts. Absolute corruption! But the players are rich and that's what counts. Its a better value not to go to a sporting event and find something else that may last longer for the price.

If MLB will not do anything, the Astros should use the nuclear option: any pitcher that throws at an Astros player in Houston should be removed from the field by police, arrested, and criminally prosecuted.

Since MLB refuses to mete out justice to the cheaters, it is now up to their fellow players. What's wrong with that?

:lol:

Since MLB refuses to mete out justice to the cheaters, it is now up to their fellow players. What's wrong with that?

So ya dont think the Astros pitchers will respond in kind?
Bean ball is a losing game plan for any team.

The league needs to punish bad behavior. It they don't, the players will do it themselves.......it is human nature.

Oh I agree.
But the beanball game isn't the answer.
Believe me,as an Astros fan I'm highly pissed at what they did and offer no excuses.
In fact I see my viewership dropping substantially after the revelation and I see a lot of fans doing the same.
That alone will hurt the Astros where it counts....in the pocket book.

The Astros have been a classless dishonest franchise for decades. That being said, any attempt to injure another player should be dealt with harshly by MLB.

The league needs to punish bad behavior. It they don't, the players will do it themselves.......it is human nature.

Oh I agree.
Believe me,as an Astros fan I'm highly pissed at what they did and offer no excuses.
In fact I see my viewership dropping substantially after the revelation and I see a lot of fans doing the same.

C'mon over to the Yanks....we have cookies.

Oh I agree.

NEVER!!!!!
I'd pledge allegiance to Satan first!!!!

Oh I agree.

NEVER!!!!!

.......or the Patriots.

Oh I agree.

NEVER!!!!!

satandaddy_snapback_mock1.jpg

The Astros have been a classless dishonest franchise for decades. That being said, any attempt to injure another player should be dealt with harshly by MLB.

For decades?
Surely you have proof of your claim.

Remember Billy Hatcher and his corked bat? I do.

Remember Ken Caminitti and his steroids? I do.

Remember the mysterious retirement of Jeff Gagwell when they started testing for ‘Roids? I do.

Sign stealing is just the latest chapter

For decades?

Remember the mysterious retirement of Jeff Gagwell when they started testing for ‘Roids? I do.

So....
How many teams have been busted for the same infractions?
I'm referring to the latest transgression.

For decades?

So....

Not sure.

I do know that the Astros have a legacy of cheating, drug use, etc...

For decades?

So....

Not sure.

I do know that the Astros have a legacy of cheating, drug use, etc...

LOL...post em up.

For decades?
His proof consists of squatting and bearing down.

And when I hear the plop, it makes me think of you...a turd.

Did you ever wonder why so many current and former Astro players seem to die early?

Forum List

Back