Yeti products

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Yeti is known for it's quality (expensive) coolers. I never tried one because I can't justify spending that kind of money on a cooler but I received a Yeti mug for Christmas. Frankly I can't figure out what it is good for. You can't microwave it because it is metal and it doesn't keep drinks hot or cold any more than a common ceramic mug. It has a hole in the plastic cap that can't be closed so coffee sloshes around and it is too big to put in the car mug holders. Am I missing something?

My Yeti cooler is great for fishing...keeps fish cold all day long in the sun on my boat deck....don't have the cup...

Yeti Tundra line of coolers that sell for $300 and up are made in the USA with high quality materials.
Everything else is made in China and/or the Philippines (slave labor)
So yes, if you paid top dollar for a YETI cup - you got suckered.
If you bought a YETI cooler - you got what you paid for

A lot of brands do this kind of shit.
A good example is Henkel knives.
You have the "real" Henkel... where a 5" Sudoku will cost you around $50... and the same looking knife sells at Walmart or Target for $14.99.
but the quality of the Steel and how it is manufactured are completely different

Last edited:
Yeti Tundra line of coolers that sell for $300 and up are made in the USA with high quality materials.

You have the "real" Henkel... where a 5" Sudoku will cost you around $50... and the same looking knife sells at Walmart or Target for $14.99.
but the quality of the Steel and how it is manufactured are completely different
I support the concept of products that are made in the USA and I would pay a reasonable price but $400 for a cooler that works no better than a $30 cooler seems extreme. They are all pretty much made from the same stuff so I question the "high quality materials" claim.

I support the concept of products that are made in the USA and I would pay a reasonable price but $400 for a cooler that works no better than a $30 cooler seems extreme. They are all pretty much made from the same stuff so I question the "high quality materials" claim.
No.
You can find coolers that cost $100 - $200 that are of comparable value, but not a single $30 cooler will come close.
Take you $30 cooler and let it fall out of your pickup full of 50 lbs. of ice and beer and see what happens. A mess.
Oops... it falls out of your boat...oops now it is at the bottom of a lake.
How many coolers have you had in your life where the lid hinge breaks? Because it is made of a plastic flap that is barely 1/8" thick.
Yeti coolers are like buying a Cadillac Escalade over a Chevy Suburban. You are paying $15,000 for that Cadillac emblem.
But you can't say an S-10 is just as good as an Escalade either.

Yeti is known for it's quality (expensive) coolers. I never tried one because I can't justify spending that kind of money on a cooler but I received a Yeti mug for Christmas. Frankly I can't figure out what it is good for. You can't microwave it because it is metal and it doesn't keep drinks hot or cold any more than a common ceramic mug. It has a hole in the plastic cap that can't be closed so coffee sloshes around and it is too big to put in the car mug holders. Am I missing something?

Never bought one either and just stick with igloo because they are Mexican or Central American made here in Texas and actually the factory is near where I live...

Igloo is made here in the United States of America... The factory is actually down on 1-10 and is large as hell and they even have an exit that is called Igloo road...

Now it is assembled by Mexicans and Central Americans at the Texas Plant for a low pay rate but still made in Texas and not China!

No.
You can find coolers that cost $100 - $200 that are of comparable value, but not a single $30 cooler will come close.
Take you $30 cooler and let it fall out of your pickup full of 50 lbs. of ice and beer and see what happens. A mess.
Oops... it falls out of your boat...oops now it is at the bottom of a lake.
How many coolers have you had in your life where the lid hinge breaks? Because it is made of a plastic flap that is barely 1/8" thick.
Yeti coolers are like buying a Cadillac Escalade over a Chevy Suburban. You are paying $15,000 for that Cadillac emblem.
But you can't say an S-10 is just as good as an Escalade either.
Maybe you are thinking about the cheap @$2.50 styrofoam coolers. I've been using $30 coolers probably longer than you have been alive and I never (not once) ever had the bottom fall out with a full load of ice and beer. I have half a dozen old coolers in the basement with intact lids that are in better shape than that flimsy Yeti mug lid that sloshes coffee.

Google it. Yetis are made in USA, Philippines and 2 lines in China.

They are also anti NRA and your rights.

I'll drink piss warm beer before I pay $300 for a chunk of plastic.

Genuine Yeti products are produced in Nepal by actual Yeti. They are exported and sold by a Chinese government run co-op. Be careful of their produts - the hair will stick in your teeth.

What's the point? Should we pay $300 for a cooler that we can get for $29.95 in Walmart because it's "Made In the USA" and later find out it isn't really made in the USA? Makes you crazy doesn't it?

Henckels, not Henkel.

I love my Henckels cutlery.

What kind of rationalization does it take to claim that "you get your money's worth" in purchasing a $300 cooler when you can get "your money's worth" with a $29.95 cooler?

Forum List

Back