Yet another political appointee has resigned

All the ones who tested positive were fine and none hospitalized in Guam.
That does not alter the negligence of the Navy's hierarchy. Why, in your view, do you think Trump is OK with military personnel committing war crimes but (possibly) violating the chain of command for the sake of the health of the crew is not?

The Navy is not a Democracy..........What War Crimes............and I've given the statements of SECNAV..........I do believe that the SECNAV was forced to resign over this because of his on microphone talk.........and I agree wth the SECNAV on this.

You don't go public with operational readiness of our Fleet............and don't go to the Newspaper about the problems there.....

The Captain should have been releaved.
Trump apparently cut the legs out from under your argument. Sorry.

Trump weighs intervening on behalf of ousted captain, as acting Navy secretary apologizes for rant
Acting Navy secretary Thomas Modly said over the weekend that he moved swiftly to relieve Capt. Brett Crozier from command of the USS Theodore Roosevelt because he didn’t want President Trump to get involved after Crozier's letter sounding the alarm about the spread of the novel coronavirus on the aircraft carrier leaked to the media.

Well, that did not work.

Trump announced on Monday evening that he’s going to “get involved” in the case and “look at it in great detail.” He said he spent time earlier in the day reviewing Crozier’s personnel file and recounted several details of his distinguished military career.

“I'm going to get involved and see exactly what's going on there because I don't want to destroy somebody for having a bad day,” the president said during his daily coronavirus briefing. “You have two good people and they're arguing and, believe it or not, I'm good at settling arguments.”
...........................................................................................................
Sounds like Don stuck his finger in the wind, realized intervening on Crozier's behalf would be popular, and sent Modly packing.

Stay on subject troll.......and whether you know it or not.........I'm pretty sure you have been agreeing with Trump on this thread...............LOL
Will you ever hold Trump accountable for hiring a nitwit like Modly in the first place? No, you won't.

I

Esper accepts resignation after Trump suggests he may get involved.

I'd still like to know what Crozier did to alert the Navy to his ship's situation before his email. And he personally didn't leak it. If he wasn't getting stonewalled by the Navy in requesting help, he probably deserved some penalty, but to flat out end a guy's career when he didn't leak? Let him serve out is time like they let the guy who blew up the Iranian airliner. Jeez
I Just knew this was likely to happen. Political assholes tend to have an extremely perilous and brief lifespan in the Trump administration. It's no place for beaucratic microbes to thrive.

Democrats if you want to pick and choose by all means WIN AN ELECTION lol

I

I'd still like to know what Crozier did to alert the Navy to his ship's situation before his email. And he personally didn't leak it. If he wasn't getting stonewalled by the Navy in requesting help, he probably deserved some penalty, but to flat out end a guy's career when he didn't leak? Let him serve out is time like they let the guy who blew up the Iranian airliner. Jeez
I Just knew this was likely to happen. Political assholes tend to have an extremely perilous and brief lifespan in the Trump administration. It's no place for beaucratic microbes to thrive.
It happens quite often in the present admin. Not the best people. Change is coming.

More incompetence from a failed, dysfunctional ‘administration.’
WINNER ^^^. Leadership is absent and has been since Jan. 20th, 2017. Chaos reigns in the White House as the Empty Suit roams its halls seeking more yes men to verify his self claimed genius.
we dont need any input about leadership especially military leadership from the weak limp wristed America hating hippie left .

I

It happens quite often in the present admin. Not the best people. Change is coming.
i've got news for you Okfag .....you are going to be one upset homosexual on Nov 4th.

If Trump came to the rescue of Crozier, he's dead wrong. Crozier is definitely deep state material. Just because 20 people cheered him while leaving the ship doesn't mean anything. I can find 20 ass kissers on any ship.

I

Modly was from for profit private defense industry.

WINNER ^^^. Leadership is absent and has been since Jan. 20th, 2017. Chaos reigns in the White House as the Empty Suit roams its halls seeking more yes men to verify his self claimed genius.
Cock Catcher believes that Biden is able to do better ! your candidate is a senile rapist who made money off the chicoms.

I

i've got news for you Okfag .....you are going to be one upset homosexual on Nov 4th.
Idnar the Idiot pulls his head out of his shell.

1586295143823.png

I

Modly was from for profit private defense industry.
Really? Figures. Another fine trump appointee.

This situation is more nuanced than most of us know. Jack KRene, the Fox News military analyst and former General said this was a situation where everyone had good intentions. He said the captain did a boneheaded thing but he thought the incident should have been handled down the line by admirals and not the pentagon. He felt their should have been an investigation and then if necessary disciplinary action taken. He was not for removing the captain in the midst of the crisis but he admitted that the acting secretary had every right to do it. The chairman of the joint chiefs of staff was a good soldier and said basically a decision had been made and they were moving on.

I u derstand where both sides are coming from but I hesitate to abruptly remove a person of the caliber of a captain of a frigging aircraft carrier because he didnt strictly follow protocal out of concern for the men of his ship. This is a good guy and we need every one like this we can get. Yes we must maintain discipline and the chain of command but this could and should have been handled differently.

And for the clown who said there were only 20 people cheering him as he walked down the gangplank, check the video tape. There were hundreds of service men and women. That’s another reason we need to keep him, he had the respect and admiration of his crew, no greater honor is there for a captain of a vessel.

That does not alter the negligence of the Navy's hierarchy. Why, in your view, do you think Trump is OK with military personnel committing war crimes but (possibly) violating the chain of command for the sake of the health of the crew is not?

Still waiting for you to provide proof of your claim of "negligence".

we dont need any input about leadership especially military leadership from the weak limp wristed America hating hippie left .

Wow, such anger. I enlisted in the Navy in 1967, and served honorable on a DD underway protecting our coastal waters on ASW searches. How about you yidnar, what have you done to serve our nation?

The Navy is not a Democracy..........What War Crimes............and I've given the statements of SECNAV..........I do believe that the SECNAV was forced to resign over this because of his on microphone talk.........and I agree wth the SECNAV on this.

You don't go public with operational readiness of our Fleet............and don't go to the Newspaper about the problems there.....

The Captain should have been releaved.
Trump apparently cut the legs out from under your argument. Sorry.

Trump weighs intervening on behalf of ousted captain, as acting Navy secretary apologizes for rant
Acting Navy secretary Thomas Modly said over the weekend that he moved swiftly to relieve Capt. Brett Crozier from command of the USS Theodore Roosevelt because he didn’t want President Trump to get involved after Crozier's letter sounding the alarm about the spread of the novel coronavirus on the aircraft carrier leaked to the media.

Well, that did not work.

Trump announced on Monday evening that he’s going to “get involved” in the case and “look at it in great detail.” He said he spent time earlier in the day reviewing Crozier’s personnel file and recounted several details of his distinguished military career.

“I'm going to get involved and see exactly what's going on there because I don't want to destroy somebody for having a bad day,” the president said during his daily coronavirus briefing. “You have two good people and they're arguing and, believe it or not, I'm good at settling arguments.”
...........................................................................................................
Sounds like Don stuck his finger in the wind, realized intervening on Crozier's behalf would be popular, and sent Modly packing.
No he didn't......I'm x-Navy..........and I'm down with SecNav and if Trump is for the Captain of that ship...........then I'm against Trump.

Let me repeat..........The U.S. Navy is NOT A DEMOCRACY........and the Captain went around the chain of command and deserved to be releaved.

Did I make my point CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU.........we are now in Uncharted territory troll.......you now have to DEFEND TRUMP.

Forum List

Back