Yesterday

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
The apartments I live in had a lightning strike- it hit a steel spear like object on one of the turret like extensions on top of the building in the front of the complex- blew the windows out of the turret like thing, blew the shingles up on a corner of the roof about 15ft away from it- fried the electronics for the fire control equipt. board, the elevator and the security camera's- and my internet modem- I'm at the back end of the building as far away from the spear like thing as you can get and still be in the building.

My reason for posting this is to give kudos to Comcast (after I got past their robot answering machine twice and talked to a young man in the Philippines who actually understood English and spoke it very well. Today Comcast replaced my modem.. I was scheduled to have a technician between 10 and noon- he got here a little before 11- I've bad mouthed them plenty so I'm publicly giving them kudos-

Another situation, involving Fedex got my blood pressure up- I ordered something from Austin, Tx. I live about 130 miles from Austin. Tracking the package, it went to Fort Worth before coming here! I ordered it on Wednesday morning, it was "picked up" by Fdex on Thursday and went to Forth Worth Thursday night. Friday it was in Fort Worth. It got here, today a little after lunch- according to the web site it was loaded, for delivery, at 510 AM-

I called Fedex to give them a piece of my mind and told the girl I talked to that if I owned Fedex I'd do my shipping with UPS- I swear- their system (probably AI logistics) is just stupid.

The apartments I live in had a lightning strike- it hit a steel spear like object on one of the turret like extensions on top of the building in the front of the complex- blew the windows out of the turret like thing, blew the shingles up on a corner of the roof about 15ft away from it- fried the electronics for the fire control equipt. board, the elevator and the security camera's- and my internet modem- I'm at the back end of the building as far away from the spear like thing as you can get and still be in the building.

My reason for posting this is to give kudos to Comcast (after I got past their robot answering machine twice and talked to a young man in the Philippines who actually understood English and spoke it very well. Today Comcast replaced my modem.. I was scheduled to have a technician between 10 and noon- he got here a little before 11- I've bad mouthed them plenty so I'm publicly giving them kudos-

Another situation, involving Fedex got my blood pressure up- I ordered something from Austin, Tx. I live about 130 miles from Austin. Tracking the package, it went to Fort Worth before coming here! I ordered it on Wednesday morning, it was "picked up" by Fdex on Thursday and went to Forth Worth Thursday night. Friday it was in Fort Worth. It got here, today a little after lunch- according to the web site it was loaded, for delivery, at 510 AM-

I called Fedex to give them a piece of my mind and told the girl I talked to that if I owned Fedex I'd do my shipping with UPS- I swear- their system (probably AI logistics) is just stupid.

No experience with Comcast but much sympathy on FedEx. Although they have gotten better and lately can actually find my house.

Forum List

Back