Yesterday near where I live - Only Fatality was the "good guy" with a gun

One man dead, one arrested after shootout with Neenah police

sad...America is the laughing stock of the world it seems. My friends in Australia can't fathom why we refuse to inact sensible restrictions.

Tell your Aussie friends we have this document, it's called a Constitution and in it the right to bear arms is stated very clearly, so clearly second grade students understand it

What if she wants to address the question seriously though?

Isn't the polling of Donald T. Rump enough to make the point that as a populace we ain't the sharpest knives in the world's drawer?

well terrorists and nutters should not have the right to legally purchase weapons of war to use on the public - common sense - nowhere does it say terrorists and nutjobs have the same rights as law abiding Americans - sorry - do you want your fellow Americans to keep dying? please dont start regurgitating all the NRA talking points of gun free zones ect....I think a disabilty home or a christmas office party is a place you should be comfortable enough to leave your AR at home

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/0...&smtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=http://m.facebook.com

well terrorists and nutters should not have the right to legally purchase weapons of war to use on the public - common sense - nowhere does it say terrorists and nutjobs have the same rights as law abiding Americans - sorry - do you want your fellow Americans to keep dying? please dont start regurgitating all the NRA talking points of gun free zones ect....I think a disabilty home or a christmas office party is a place you should be comfortable enough to leave your AR at home

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/0...&smtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=http://m.facebook.com

If someone had been armed at that party the death count may have been much lower, you'll notice the shooter disregarded the gun free zone and brought his weapons

as I've just posted - this "good guy" was the one killed - in a tense situation where chaos reigns - how are you supposed to know who the "good guy" is? make all america a gun happy zone is a horrible idea in my opinion- most people in my town cant operate a car much less a weapon

That gun didn't get him killed................The decisions of the police got him killed in that incident..............I don't openly blame the police as they were in a hostage situation............but the guy running out may have only gotten out because he had a gun.........and was too busy hauling as from the perp to notice that the police were trained down on him................

It's a sad deal, but in no way is a reason to say...........NO MORE GUNS.................

I support the 2nd Amendment..........the NRA..........and believe gun control is the ability to hit what they are aiming at...............This is the police shooting in an instant instead of hitting the pause button before opening fire.

I know - Nobody on either side will learn one thing and the same thing will happen year after year...absolutely nothing except an ever-growing body count....I support the bravery of those willing to take on the NRA - theyre fighting a battle they know they will lose but care enough to do it anyway - Both sides throw out tons of propaganda that their sheep followers spread without thought or reason....Its kinda like religion...Christians believe God created man so any evidance to the contrary is immediately dismissed - nothing learned nothing gained - ignorance is bliss...they call it faith

We will disagree.......I own weapons and have never used them for anything other than killing a Rattlesnake or a deer when I used to hunt..............I ate the deer...................It is there if I need it......................and don't like the people pushing to take it away when I have done nothing wrong...............

They say it's for our own good and the good of the country. Punishing the innocent for the act of the criminals is wrong, and the criminals will still find a way to get guns if they are banned......which gives them the advantage when committing a crime................

There are plenty of stories where a gun has changed the outcome for the good...............but those wanting to ban them don't post those.

I know - Nobody on either side will learn one thing and the same thing will happen year after year...absolutely nothing except an ever-growing body count....I support the bravery of those willing to take on the NRA - theyre fighting a battle they know they will lose but care enough to do it anyway - Both sides throw out tons of propaganda that their sheep followers spread without thought or reason....Its kinda like religion...Christians believe God created man so any evidance to the contrary is immediately dismissed - nothing learned nothing gained - ignorance is bliss...they call it faith

Why did you feel the need to attack Christianity? That's telling

Not an attack - an observation - why is everything always an attack? I don't mind religious folks at all, most of my friends and family are religious...and many of them can also admit that some of it is questionable...like denying science based on nothing more than a one word answer of faith -

Most Christians have a persecution complex, hell, its part of their origin story! But C'mon, they overdo it big time...Red holiday cups AHHH I'm being persecuted...that kinda stuff is laughable sorry. And denying science because ---well just because---I believe its possible that BOTH science and Christianity could be linked....I'm open to learning new things.

So tell me how do you know a person is a terrorist before they buy a weapon?

Most Christians have a persecution complex, hell, its part of their origin story! But C'mon, they overdo it big time...Red holiday cups AHHH I'm being persecuted...that kinda stuff is laughable sorry. And denying science because ---well just because---I believe its possible that BOTH science and Christianity could be linked....I'm open to learning new things.
The only science I see that would be conflicting is Evolution............and I don't think I've evolved from an ape...............Science has been proven wrong many times..............doesn't make them right on this..................

The THEORY OF EVOLUTION...................Theory.................is not a proven fact.

Evolution is 100 QUAZILLION times more feasible though...There's a reason Evolution is believed by the overwelmingly majority of scientists...Because there's an overwelmingly amount of evidenence to back it up...The only thing backing up your version is faith- or in other words -pretend really hard-

I can't see why you couldn't believe in both - just disregard the whole creation bits

Evolution is 100 QUAZILLION times more feasible though...There's a reason Evolution is believed by the overwelmingly majority of scientists...Because there's an overwelmingly amount of evidenence to back it up...The only thing backing up your version is faith- or in other words -pretend really hard-

I can't see why you couldn't believe in both - just disregard the whole creation bits

Yeah if only they could find those pesky and elusive transitional fossils

So tell me how do you know a person is a terrorist before they buy a weapon?

I don't have all the answers but I know this...My step - father had a history of domestic violence before he murdered my mother and my friends sister was killed by a certifiable nutjob who killed her with a legally purchased gun.

That is the view of a non believer. Not mine. I believe in the bible and have faith that it is correct. No amount of words will sway you in that direction. To each his own.

Many times some have used the 7 days to create the world and laugh about it..............My response is what is a day to God?

The Scientist have a theory based on their studies...............It is in no way an absolute fact in my book.

So believe as you do...........and I will do the same. Same with guns. I've done no wrong with them, but the actions of criminals make people like you think you have the right to take them from me. And then say it's for my own good. That is pushing your views on me.

I'm not pushing evolution on you. Perhaps you could stop pushing gun control on me.

I in no way shape or form do I believe law abiding citizens should have to give up anything...Neither do most people...The only ones saying that are paranoid types...I see a push for some sensible restrictions but nowhere a "gun grab" from law abiding folks.....Think alot of that is propaganda..in fact, I know it is.

Forum List

Back