New "Clean Start" Policy on Creating Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds as if the Mods are looking for a new user base. I’m quite positive the bulk of the users here seek the very “inflammatory” discussion the mods seem to detest.
NOBODY spends time here with the intent to change minds and almost NO political discussion ANYWHERE stays civil and polite. Further, almost no thread without “BAIT” is very active, it’s the bait that encourages users to engage.

So -- you're telling me that straight informative titles ruin your fun? Depends on what you're here for doesn't it?

Here's the solution.. You got your own MMA type "engagement" forums in Badlands, Rubber Room.. We'll even give you a new taunting forum for Political warfare with no survivors... You can name it.. Maybe the "BrokeLoser -- Nobody WINS" forum...

Most folks aint got the time to waste on Troll on Troll violence and snark... It's a fact. And especially, we CAN NOT COMPETE with Twitter in that category and don't even want to be in the species with Twitter...

Look, I believe this new model is perfectly applicable for a forum comprised of widowed housewives exchanging dialogue about sewing and the like.
I'm quite certain the vast majority of your users see extreme value in individualism, individual thought and individual expression, I'm not sure your current user base can or will embrace the notion of someone steering their thought, speech and expression.
Was this decision driven by the desire for ad dollars...ad dollars from Leftist organizations...you know, the ones whom hate the 1st?

Eh...I just won’t post any more threads. No biggie.
I was thinking the same thing. And when I did..it was usually in General Discussion where nothing really matters...or so they said.
There IS a place not far from here that is mainly debating politics. USMB was not counted as a debate forum. Its a discussion forum. Chit chat. Disagreements. Bickering. Laughs. Hanging out. But its getting a bit...whats the word I want?....uppity in how to start a topic, where to start a topic, how many sentences must be used in said topic, what words can and cannot be used in the title of the topic, yadda yadda.
I'll pass. Too much to remember. Sooooooooooo.....nope.

Essentially my take too. Every so often I grant an "ignore amnesty" where I take everyone off ignore. I do it about twice a year. I announce it so I people don't say, "I thought you were ignoring me hmmmm" I put the announcement in the announcement forum. Where else would you put an announcement? It got moved to the basement.

It was a 3 word title: "Ignore List Amnesty"

The 3rd post on the thread was this one:

1596681096373.png

From the mod.

I assume he/she is the one who moved it.

Then later on the mod decided to post this:

1596681223103.png

Titles have nothing to do with it.
Content has nothing to do with it.

If mods agree with you politically or personally....you are treated one way.
If mods disagree with you politically or personally....you are treated another way.

It sounds as if the Mods are looking for a new user base. I’m quite positive the bulk of the users here seek the very “inflammatory” discussion the mods seem to detest.
NOBODY spends time here with the intent to change minds and almost NO political discussion ANYWHERE stays civil and polite. Further, almost no thread without “BAIT” is very active, it’s the bait that encourages users to engage.

So -- you're telling me that straight informative titles ruin your fun? Depends on what you're here for doesn't it?

Here's the solution.. You got your own MMA type "engagement" forums in Badlands, Rubber Room.. We'll even give you a new taunting forum for Political warfare with no survivors... You can name it.. Maybe the "BrokeLoser -- Nobody WINS" forum...

Most folks aint got the time to waste on Troll on Troll violence and snark... It's a fact. And especially, we CAN NOT COMPETE with Twitter in that category and don't even want to be in the species with Twitter...

Look, I believe this new model is perfectly applicable for a forum comprised of widowed housewives exchanging dialogue about sewing and the like.
I'm quite certain the vast majority of your users see extreme value in individualism, individual thought and individual expression, I'm not sure your current user base can or will embrace the notion of someone steering their thought, speech and expression.
Was this decision driven by the desire for ad dollars...ad dollars from Leftist organizations...you know, the ones whom hate the 1st?

I want them to get ad dollars and to be successful; otherwise where would we go to tell those with whom we disagree what nasty people they are? If it's about the ad dollars, I'm OK with it. If it's about being offended by people with whom they disagree, I'm sorely disappointed.

Important that every member read this.. The actual Rules will be slightly modified before end of this week..
LOL! USMB mods hide, deletes, edits all non-Greater Douche positive threads.

View attachment 371707

:auiqs.jpg:
View attachment 371711

You barely make sense.. Nice work.., I'll put you down as "concerned objector" to asking for less snark and MORE topical content.. There's always Badlands if you cant handle it.. Or maybe we'll just put a "Greater Douche" forum down there JUST FOR YOU....
BS! The post fully explains USMB Fraud. USMB host the Anti- America team Great Douche members lying on almost all posts.
I don't lie like you.

Well, I posted a buttload of threads to twitter. Usually a couple per day. Sometimes I say "if you really want some freedom, go to__________" and paste the link here. I can't do that anymore, methinks.

It would be interesting to hear why USMB suddenly changed their policy.

We all are bearing witness to drastic changes in America as we speak.

These changes being sparked by mob rule.

The mob has their narrative and corporations, cities and states are caving in to it even though there is no truth to the narrative.

Those of us who have read history and how totalitarian regimes manage to gain power realize all too well what is now happening in America.

A very sad time.

" I'm not sure your current user base can or will embrace the notion of someone steering their thought, speech and expression. "

This isn't about steering anyone's thought, speech, or expression, the point is not what you think but how you say it. The USMB Mods and Admin do not care what your opinion is about anything, but they do care about improving the dialogue around here in terms of trolling and flaming, neither of which fosters responsible and respectful discussion. It helps draw new blood in and that's good. Disagreeing without being too disagreeable, that kinda says it all. They're trying to head off the flame wars by requiring an OP that doesn't get that ball rolling in the 1st place. Incivility is a problem in this country these days, so do you want to be part of the problem or part of the solution?

Look - I get just as pissed about something somebody says that provokes me as anyone else. To me that means I shouldn't be the one to provoke somebody else; I don't want to be the one that throws the first punch, y'know? So I try to write a responsible OP, most of the time anyway. Or post a responsible reply to somebody else's OP. Frankly, I'm just too old to deal with the bullshit, I don't need to win any flame wars and it ain't worth my time. LOL, where's the honor in winning an argument with an idiot? There's an Ignore button for people that are looking for a fight; I use it a lot. It helps to keep me from getting aggravated. If you wanna insult me or my writing, knock yourself out. Big deal, you just proved yourself to be a bigger asshole than I am. Congrats.

The owners pretty much leave the board and its rules and whatnot in the hands of the mods. Since CK has left..that leaves the mods you know of now. Which one is head mod? I think its AyeCantSeeYou...but it could be Flacaltenn. Or they share. Then top of the list for coding and stuff is Kat. The rest of them...they give input and vote...I think...on what actions to take.

I miss westwall. He still posts but doesnt mod any more.

Anyway..I could get in trouble for this whole post but...at the moment...I don't really care. I feel a bit confused about the whole need to change anything. Like I keep saying...most folks hate change. Too much is happening in 2020 and we damn sure don't need more rules.

So.....with that said..if this post gets deleted...t'weren't me and if you see me not post at my usual time of midnight to 2am...tis cuz I can't. In the punishment box I'll be.

Lol, USMB got woke....like Fakebook, Twattwitter, etc.

People, it's an obscure political message forum, get a grip....maybe and a big maybe 200 people in a population of over 300 million.

With that said USMB advertises let your voice be heard....but don't say banned words and include 5 or 6 words on "topic"....

In 1930's Germany that's how it started

Think hard....

Last? If some mod deletes a comment then own it and stop the crap software doesn't do that. It's bullshit and cowardly.

The "crap software" dont do that.. It remembers with mod made the deletion in the "mod view" and any mod can tell ya -- but there's no box to check to identify the "deleting party" in the alert..

As for asking for "a bit more effort and content" -- the comparison to Nazis just make you look hysterical and unhinged..

How do you censor anything by asking for MORE relevant topical content in an ADULT discussion?

I don't get "hysterical or unhinged", I see things for what they are.

I owned a forum and immediately recognized what over moderation did to it. People left. Relaxed moderation let it flow and it gained.

The very last thing I would have approved is banned words, so many words or sentences "on topic", etc. It's a discussion and people don't have time for trying to remember the latest new rule....and y'all come up with them like clockwork

Good luck with it but in all honesty it's doomed. Human nature always prevails

" I'm not sure your current user base can or will embrace the notion of someone steering their thought, speech and expression. "

This isn't about steering anyone's thought, speech, or expression, the point is not what you think but how you say it. The USMB Mods and Admin do not care what your opinion is about anything, but they do care about improving the dialogue around here in terms of trolling and flaming, neither of which fosters responsible and respectful discussion. It helps draw new blood in and that's good. Disagreeing without being too disagreeable, that kinda says it all. They're trying to head off the flame wars by requiring an OP that doesn't get that ball rolling in the 1st place. Incivility is a problem in this country these days, so do you want to be part of the problem or part of the solution?

Look - I get just as pissed about something somebody says that provokes me as anyone else. To me that means I shouldn't be the one to provoke somebody else; I don't want to be the one that throws the first punch, y'know? So I try to write a responsible OP, most of the time anyway. Or post a responsible reply to somebody else's OP. Frankly, I'm just too old to deal with the bullshit, I don't need to win any flame wars and it ain't worth my time. LOL, where's the honor in winning an argument with an idiot? There's an Ignore button for people that are looking for a fight; I use it a lot. It helps to keep me from getting aggravated. If you wanna insult me or my writing, knock yourself out. Big deal, you just proved yourself to be a bigger asshole than I am. Congrats.
I agree with what you posted. But NOW is not the time to be making rules and shit. 2020 already sucks. This is our haven to vent about it. But then they go and change stuff. Oy.

To sum that up.. We're REQUIRING the Original Posters to START a clean topical discussion.,. No more juiced incendiary titles and ranting OPs.. If it's important enough for you to dash to a keyboard to poke it in -- need to put in the effort to start the discussion with YOUR views of the topic..

Sometimes newsworthy topics speak for themselves don't they ?
Are we supposed to pretend we're all journalists here ?

OH gawd no.. We dont want you to lower yourself THAT far... LOL...

There's solid reasons behind requiring OPoster content in the OPost.. One is that moderation can't watch 20 minute vids to figure out what topic they're supposed to enforce.. Another is that the OP is really responsible for success or failure of their thread if they dont SELL the topic as real discussion..

And the BIG ONE IS -- what percentage of posters at USMB ya think diligently read EVERY link?? I'll let you estimate that one... LOL...

It's a discussion and people don't have time for trying to remember the latest new rule.
To save trouble and time, if a thread gets off topic or doesn't have the correct numbers of sentences and shit...just pick up the whole thing and stick it in the Rubber Room fercrissakes. And the ones that are Karens and Karls hitting that report button? Make them stay down there a month as punishment. LOL
Or make a new forum down there that is like FZ. Call it BitchFest or something.

And the BIG ONE IS -- what percentage of posters at USMB ya think diligently read EVERY link?? I'll let you estimate that one... LOL...
I don't. Unless its a music vid. Rest of the time...nah. Too lazy. I don't read links either unless its a topic I'm really in to. I dont think anyone else does either, to be honest.
With that said..I AGREE that the thread title should give some idea of what the thread is about. Leave opinions out of title. Just give title.

The very last thing I would have approved is banned words, so many words or sentences "on topic", etc. It's a discussion and people don't have time for trying to remember the latest new rule....and y'all come up with them like clockwork

And yet -- mods here CANT interfere with opinions, assertions, bias because we cant ACT on content UNLESS it's specified in the simplest forum rules ever... 90% of what we do is keep threads on topic.. That's a sweet spot and a win... Sorry you can't abide by being restrained from taking off and just flaming folks..

Only rule you have to remember to avoid most moderation here is --- Honor the topic in every post..

And if you're not spewing pedo, beasty, family accusations or threatening a member or annihilating a whole party or group - -- you'll probably never hear from us..

I don't think this will be enforced 6 months from now but I've been complaining about this since I joined here. The forum I came from was very specific and any OP had to have the title from the link in that OP. That ensured that the title was not a bait thing or bullshit. Also had to include substantive opinion to start the debate. If it was lacking either of those the thread was deleted, not locked, deleted. This ensured that all threads were on topic and full of good debate.

But the mods now get pissed when you have multiple threads on the same topic but when you have a thread about Russian collusion titled "This is bullshit" you can't blame someone for not being able to find that thread anywhere. The title was poor and didn't give a hint what the OP was about.

I hope the mods keep doing this. I see most of the liberal threads here started are bait threads.

Well, I posted a buttload of threads to twitter. Usually a couple per day. Sometimes I say "if you really want some freedom, go to__________" and paste the link here. I can't do that anymore, methinks.

" Sometimes I say "if you really want some freedom, go to__________" and paste the link here. I can't do that anymore, methinks. "

Why not? Every freedom we have has some restrictions. Basically the USMB is trying to cut down on the crap threads, which doesn't really cost us much in terms of freedom unless somebody wants the freedom to be a troll or a flamer. It'd be one thing if they go too far overboard with the content in terms of the specificity and reasons for the OP, but there should be at least a direction for a thread to go in that doesn't start a bitchfest or a flame war.

I have no experience with other boards, I dunno what's out there. My guess is most of them have the same issues we do, a lotta good posters like you and a lotta trolls and flamers.

It's a discussion and people don't have time for trying to remember the latest new rule.
To save trouble and time, if a thread gets off topic or doesn't have the correct numbers of sentences and shit...just pick up the whole thing and stick it in the Rubber Room fercrissakes. And the ones that are Karens and Karls hitting that report button? Make them stay down there a month as punishment. LOL
Or make a new forum down there that is like FZ. Call it BitchFest or something.

Sometimes that a reward for the group TRYING to trash it.. Cant do that.. Got to try to save threads.

Only the FZ has a full size containment vessel around it.. LOL.. Built by the FZ'ers themselves actually. LOL..

Rubber Room/Badlands, we can't fence them in..

So good to see folks willing to speak out on the truth, nature and future of this board, even at the peril of getting banned.

I think most would recognize the need for more discussion, after all the board cannot exist without posters and thus this board has always recognized that I think and the existence of this forum on feedback is one example of that.

Very few boards have such a thing.

Still yet there are certain 'players' involved in the nuts and bolts of this operation that simply fail to recognize what I refer to.

Why that is the case i will not get into.

However I think most understand such players comes across as arrogant and uncaring, their rationale being little more than their grasp on power and using it to promote their agenda by censorship.

This in a nation founded by people shouting 'Give me Liberty or give me death.'

America is in desperate need of such patriots as we speak.

We now unfortunately have too many willing to give in to unscrupulous powers simply because of the fear of getting banned.

One final thing. I often hear the argument that this is private property and the owners can do as they wish.

Well certainly under our current laws they have that right.

However there are groups fighting this citing for example that the airways are not private property nor should be the internet and especially political forums. Where all should have freedom of speech. Too many are willing to give in on Freedom of Speech. Not understanding the importance of it to our continued existence as a free nation.

Last edited:

And yet -- mods here CANT interfere with opinions, assertions, bias because we cant ACT on content UNLESS it's specified in the simplest forum rules ever... 90% of what we do is keep threads on topic.. That's a sweet spot and a win... Sorry you can't abide by being restrained from taking off and just flaming folks..

Only rule you have to remember to avoid most moderation here is --- Honor the topic in every post..

And if you're not spewing pedo, beasty, family accusations or threatening a member or annihilating a whole party or group - -- you'll probably never hear from us..

Oh please, I know better.

Every couple of months you trot out new rules and nothing changes. Then you trot out new rules worded differently but the same rules lol

Lighten up... eventually people tire of it. I know I'm not going to proofread comments to assure I have no banned words or a certain number of words or sentences.

You're overthinking and from reading this thread it won't end well..

Well...their beach, their waves. Been saying that for years. I'll come and go as usual.

I'm done now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back