Yes! Oz in Pennsylvania says he supports gay marriage bill

Mankind is subject to the laws of God, whether he or she accepts it or not. We can believe that we're exempt from God's laws in this short period of time we exist on earth, but what happen in the afterlife is forever.

And it is God who defines what a marriage is: A holy union between one man and one woman.
Because all the patriarchs, following God's law, we're monogamous...

Please give this thread a thumbs up as appreciation to Oz, Republican candidate for senator in Pennsylvania.
Although I'm not a Republican, I applaud this great decision by Oz to do the right thing and favor of gays.
It took courage for Oz to say no to the religious right wing nuts in this country.

He is now dead to the GQP though.
MAGA

And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
Did you lose the thread?

Pseudocons want to outlaw same-sex marriage "because Bible".

Then we should outlaw adultery "because Bible".

I mean, we wouldn't want to be hypocritical, right?

Speaking of the Bible and adultery. We would have to ban any marriages beyond one marriage.

No one would be allowed to marry a second or third or fourth, etc. time.

Because Bible.

Please give this thread a thumbs up as appreciation to Oz, Republican candidate for senator in Pennsylvania.
Although I'm not a Republican, I applaud this great decision by Oz to do the right thing and favor of gays.
It took courage for Oz to say no to the religious right wing nuts in this country.
I confidently predict Dr. Oz will support decertifying the 20 election if that's popular in PA, and support laws making voting secure and not open to manipulation from political operatives!!!!!

From your link:
Indeed, James Madison wrote that our Constitution requires “sufficient virtue among men for self-government,” otherwise, “nothing less than the chains of despotism can restrain them from destroying and devouring one another.”

James Madison was a deist. You don't have to be a Bible thumper to be a man of virtue.

Did you lose the thread?

Pseudocons want to outlaw same-sex marriage "because Bible".

Then we should outlaw adultery "because Bible".

I mean, we wouldn't want to be hypocritical, right?
Gator asked why Christians avoided the topic of adultery. I replied that I didn't and then he asked about gay marriage. I am not being hypocritical, I am consistent. What others decide to do or not do, is not my business, it is between them and their god or gods.

Speaking of the Bible and adultery. We would have to ban any marriages beyond one marriage.

No one would be allowed to marry a second or third or fourth, etc. time.

Because Bible.
If that is your interpretation, then that is what you go by. My interpretation is much different but to each his own.

And it is God who defines what a marriage is: A holy union between one man and one woman.
I don't think you have ever actually read the bible.

Why don't you go find that part about one man and one woman and come back here and quote the full context.

I think you will be shocked to discover the context of that bit and will think twice before ever misquoting it again.

All religions of the world view marriage as being between a man and a woman.
Which 5?

Gorsuch has already proved himself to be pro-gay rights by his previous civil rights opinion. Did you miss that?

At most, there are 3 justices who will vote to overturn Obergefell, and I doubt the anti-gay Jesus Nazis will even get that many.
These are the same guys that said Roe v Wade was settled law...

From your link:
Indeed, James Madison wrote that our Constitution requires “sufficient virtue among men for self-government,” otherwise, “nothing less than the chains of despotism can restrain them from destroying and devouring one another.”

James Madison was a deist. You don't have to be a Bible thumper to be a man of virtue.
All Christians are deists. Madison was a Christian.

You must not know the meaning if "deist". You're the idiot.
You do not know the context at all, moron.

Since the 17th century and during the Age of Enlightenment (especially in 18th-century England, France, and North America),[10] various Western philosophers and theologians formulated a critical rejection of the several religious texts belonging to the many organized religions, and began to appeal only to truths that they felt could be established by reason as the exclusive source of divine knowledge.

You really should read Thomas Paine's Age of Reason. It will open your eyes.

You do not know the context at all, moron.

Since the 17th century and during the Age of Enlightenment (especially in 18th-century England, France, and North America),[10] various Western philosophers and theologians formulated a critical rejection of the several religious texts belonging to the many organized religions, and began to appeal only to truths that they felt could be established by reason as the exclusive source of divine knowledge.

You really should read Thomas Paine's Age of Reason. It will open your eyes.
We're talking about Madison. He was a Christian.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back