Yes, It Was The 'Affordable' Care Act That Increased Premiums

An average of 60% increase in premiums across the board after the ACA was passed does not sound very ‘affordable’ to me.

It turns out that across the board, for all ages and family sizes, for HMO, PPO, and POS plans, premium increases averaged about 60 percent from 2013, the last year before ACA reforms took effect, to 2017. In same length of time preceding that, all groups experienced premium increases of less than 10 percent, and most age groups actually experienced premium decreases, on average.

I’m here to complain about my republican friend who’s wife got cancer. He had to have a fund raiser to help them pay the premiums they can’t afford.

So this is the republicans plan for healthcare. Have insurance you can’t afford and start a go fund me if anything happens because you didn’t go to college. Because you chose the high premiums?

I’m sorry if they have to die to realize what idiots they are.

This is government keeping their hands off your healthcare you idiots

An average of 60% increase in premiums across the board after the ACA was passed does not sound very ‘affordable’ to me.
Not to mention the sky-high deductibles that made care impossible for many even if they did have "coverage".
My buddy who’s a republican had to have a fundraiser. As long as he keeps voting republican he will get no help from me. He could be covered but instead he chose freedom. Lol. His wife may die but at least she’ll die free

Not to mention the sky-high deductibles that made care impossible for many even if they did have "coverage".
My buddy who’s a republican had to have a fundraiser. As long as he keeps voting republican he will get no help from me. He could be covered but instead he chose freedom. Lol. His wife may die but at least she’ll die free
Well, they're conditioned to scream FREEDOM without understanding that it also means "freedom to suffer needlessly."

Well, they're conditioned to scream FREEDOM without understanding that it also means "freedom to suffer needlessly."
How embarrassing for them to hold a fund raiser. Nothing says I’m a successful conservative business man like holding a fundraiser because you can’t afford your $7000 deductible.

I’m serious, these people need to die so the love ones left behind wake up.

And I bet he brags about never collecting welfare. Sorry pal but your fundraiser was welfare. But instead of our society stepping up he had to resort to begging friends and hoping they step up.

And most of his friends are probably broke too.

If this 50 year old couple can’t afford $10k I’m going to guess they have no savings and will never retire. They will need social security and Medicare. Two programs they don’t believe in

How embarrassing for them to hold a fund raiser. Nothing says I’m a successful conservative business man like holding a fundraiser because you can’t afford your $7000 deductible.

And I bet he brags about never collecting welfare. Sorry pal but your fundraiser was welfare. But instead of our society stepping up he had to resort to begging friends and hoping they step up.

If this 50 year old couple can’t afford $10k I’m going to guess they have no savings and will never retire. They will need social security and Medicare. Two programs they don’t believe in
I have a huge respect for the power of ideology. It can completely distort the thought and reasoning processes of otherwise perfectly intelligent people.

It turns out that across the board, for all ages and family sizes, for HMO, PPO, and POS plans, premium increases averaged about 60 percent from 2013, the last year before ACA reforms took effect, to 2017. In same length of time preceding that, all groups experienced premium increases of less than 10 percent, and most age groups actually experienced premium decreases, on average.

I’m here to complain about my republican friend who’s wife got cancer. He had to have a fund raiser to help them pay the premiums they can’t afford.

So this is the republicans plan for healthcare. Have insurance you can’t afford and start a go fund me if anything happens because you didn’t go to college. Because you chose the high premiums?

I’m sorry if they have to die to realize what idiots they are.

This is government keeping their hands off your healthcare you idiots
I’m here to complain about my republican friend who’s wife got cancer.
This guy must of learned his story telling from Tom Daschle.

How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job
#4) Sociopaths invent outrageous lies about their experiences. They wildly exaggerate things to the point of absurdity, but when they describe it to you in a storytelling format, for some reason it sounds believable at the time.
Tom Dashle at one time was a millionaire congressman, whose Mother couldn't afford prescription drugs so had to eat dog food, because of the evil Republicans...

Sophistry: ergo hoc propter hoc

Premium increases slowed after the passage of the ACA, which I opposed for its lack of a public option.

Premium increases slowed after the passage of the ACA, which I opposed for its lack of a public option.

They weren’t supposed to slow. They were supposed to go down. You people keep moving the goalposts

They weren’t supposed to slow. They were supposed to go down. You people keep moving the goalposts
They might have if fewer dumbass GOP governors screwed their own citizens over by opting out.

Even so, the rate of increase dropped significantly. Without the ACA average premiums would be higher today than they are.

They might have if fewer dumbass GOP governors screwed their own citizens over by opting out.

Even so, the rate of increase dropped significantly. Without the ACA average premiums would be higher today than they are.

There is no evidence that suggests that

I have a huge respect for the power of ideology. It can completely distort the thought and reasoning processes of otherwise perfectly intelligent people.

It can also give voters a way to reasonably predict what a candidate will do if elected. The biggest danger of leaders like Trump is that they have no ideology, no claimed convictions about the proper role of government. We have no way of telling what he'll do. HIs policy initiatives have more to do what he sees on TV than with anything substantive.

Obama care was a house of cards. Don't forget about the Board that decides whether or not you can have a life saving operation.

Forum List

Back