Yes, Chloroquine Is an Effective Treatment for COVID-19

The evidence is overwhelming that chloroquine is proving to be an effective treatment for COVID-19.
Nope!

A list of polls and anecdotes does not even come close to evidence. Sorry! Please take a class in Logic and Critical Thinking.

The hydroxychloroquine study was deeply flawed. Fox News and Trump jumped the gun based on that very flawed study.

You can read about it all in deep detail here: Hydroxychloroquine: how an unproven drug became Trump’s coronavirus 'miracle cure'

In the interest of fairness, I must warn you. The article is much longer than a Trump tweet.

Made a list of this, but this about sums up everything.

Go ahead and add to it.

Like, according to WHO and thousands of Doctors worldwide, Chloroquine was an effective treatment of the Chinese flu until Trump claimed it was promising, then it was not promising. Even though Rita Wilson recovered from the Chinese flu, and used Chloroquine, she said it was not good, but only publicly said that it wasn't good,.only after Trump repeated what WHO and thousands of Doctors claimed.

Oh dear God, just STOP!! Yet another right wing plumb the bottom of the Internet for some douchebag with a microphone, a webcam, and an opinion that you swallow whole. Look, I know you and the rest of the fawning Trump slobber crew are chomping at the bit because he hasn't been able to hold his pep rallies to gin up his base. But the bottom line is Fox News segments and tweets and texts from his friends are not how treatments for viruses are come upon. Clinical trials, data gathering, and research are how tests, treatments, and vaccines are produced. This isn't a one hour TV criminal procedural. Rita Wilson was under the care of a DOCTOR!!. Now I don't know if she was administered the drug base on what her attending in Australia, or her doctor back in the states recommended, but geez, stop with the Trump knew what was best....he didn't.

Hide under your bed until they develop a vaccine you pussy.

At least a year to a year and a half away. So, until then, why won't you listen to the health experts? You could actually have your going back to somewhat normal by July 4th if you just keep your powder dry. So what's your motivation for the premature? You really that pumped up to see a bunch of mouth breathers pack into a stadium to see your lord and master (who has every medical protection available to him) on TV hawking his greatest hits?

I don't get it Trumpswab...explain it to me.

Hide under your bed for 5 years and let the grownups run the world.

That all you got? You're not a Colonel. You're an Ensign.
We are the grownups. Now either contribute something useful or sit-down-an-shuddup. :)

cry and bitch all you ant commie ...we are used to left wing liars and traitors like you spouting lies and propaganda in order to advance your evil agenda ...we expect it ! we know what the scum of the earth treasonous left are going to do and say before they do and say it ! we expect it ! and we also know that you bitch and cry and riot even more when the left get their way [anti police riots during obamas term]... so keep on with your feminine emotional bullshit ! keep on vomiting your truth [the left pc definition of lies] in the end one thing will allays be true .....you are a loser with the common sense of a door stop.

Wow, that's a lot of right wing vomiting in one three sentence paragraph. You got anything to say about the hot chick's video...beyond you think you'd have a shot with her?

Most small scientific studies live and die within the rarified domain of academic journals, but the French trial had a much more auspicious debut. Before the study was even published, in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents (IJAA), a lawyer falsely claiming an affiliation with Stanford University appeared on Fox News’s Tucker Carlson Tonight to declare the results: a “100% cure rate against coronavirus”. From Fox News, it was only a matter of time (hours, in fact) before the drug was being hailed as a “game changer” by the president of the United States.

<snip>

The only problem? The study that all this fervid hope is based on doesn’t show what its authors claim it does.

The gold standard for a clinical trial is a double-blinded, randomized controlled trial (RCT). What this means in plain English is that the study has been designed to reduce biases that would render its results meaningless. Neither the physician nor the patients knows whether they received the drug (“double-blinded”), a safeguard that reduces the possibility that the doctor will treat the two groups differently. The researchers also do not get to choose which patients go into which group (“randomized”) and the makeup of the two groups is roughly equivalent (“controlled”).

The French hydroxychloroquine study did not follow any of these rules.

The treatment group and the control group were drawn from separate populations: the treatment group were all patients at the institution where the researchers worked, the Méditerranée Infection University Hospital Institute in Marseille, while the control patients came from other hospitals in the south of France. The treatment group (mean age 51.2) was significantly older than the control group (mean age 37.3), introducing another variable that could undermine the meaning of the results. The study was “open label”, meaning the physicians and patients knew which treatment they were receiving. The French researchers also treated some but not all of the treatment group patients with azithromycin, a common antibiotic, another complicating factor that was not randomized.

But even more important than these shortcomings in the design of the study is how the researchers chose to measure and report their results. Forty-two patients were initially included in the study. Three were transferred to the intensive care unit; one died, one left the hospital, and one stopped taking the treatment due to nausea. The other 36 eventually recovered, and those who received the drug cleared the virus from the system faster than those who did not.

If you had only heard about this study from the Fox News assertion of a “100% cure rate”, you might assume that the four patients with poor clinical outcomes (the three ICU visits and one death) had been unlucky enough to be in the group that did not receive the “cure”.

Most small scientific studies live and die within the rarified domain of academic journals, but the French trial had a much more auspicious debut. Before the study was even published, in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents (IJAA), a lawyer falsely claiming an affiliation with Stanford University appeared on Fox News’s Tucker Carlson Tonight to declare the results: a “100% cure rate against coronavirus”. From Fox News, it was only a matter of time (hours, in fact) before the drug was being hailed as a “game changer” by the president of the United States.

<snip>

The only problem? The study that all this fervid hope is based on doesn’t show what its authors claim it does.

The gold standard for a clinical trial is a double-blinded, randomized controlled trial (RCT). What this means in plain English is that the study has been designed to reduce biases that would render its results meaningless. Neither the physician nor the patients knows whether they received the drug (“double-blinded”), a safeguard that reduces the possibility that the doctor will treat the two groups differently. The researchers also do not get to choose which patients go into which group (“randomized”) and the makeup of the two groups is roughly equivalent (“controlled”).

The treatment group and the control group were drawn from separate populations: the treatment group were all patients at the institution where the researchers worked, the Méditerranée Infection University Hospital Institute in Marseille, while the control patients came from other hospitals in the south of France. The treatment group (mean age 51.2) was significantly older than the control group (mean age 37.3), introducing another variable that could undermine the meaning of the results. The study was “open label”, meaning the physicians and patients knew which treatment they were receiving. The French researchers also treated some but not all of the treatment group patients with azithromycin, a common antibiotic, another complicating factor that was not randomized.

But even more important than these shortcomings in the design of the study is how the researchers chose to measure and report their results. Forty-two patients were initially included in the study. Three were transferred to the intensive care unit; one died, one left the hospital, and one stopped taking the treatment due to nausea. The other 36 eventually recovered, and those who received the drug cleared the virus from the system faster than those who did not.

If you had only heard about this study from the Fox News assertion of a “100% cure rate”, you might assume that the four patients with poor clinical outcomes (the three ICU visits and one death) had been unlucky enough to be in the group that did not receive the “cure”.

This. No control group data. In absence, you just have anecdotal findings.

<snip>

This. No control group data. In absence, you just have anecdotal findings.
It was even worse than that. The three people in the treatment group who died were removed as part of the treatment group in order to fudge the numbers to make it look like a "100% cure".

That's not just bad science. That's deliberate malpractice.

Actually I disagree with this--they're much too unprincipled and cowardly for that. They will choose life FOR THEMSELVES in that case, hoping no one catches them taking the medicine, but will deny it for everyone else. What they will say to everyone else about chloroquine is "you don't deserve it because Trump"--but oh yes, would take it themselves.

These cats are nothing if not self-interested.

Except that nothing has really been proven about Trump's Snake Oil... and medical doctors are cautioning against it.

US doctors are hoarding two rumored “anti-coronavirus” drugs for themselves and their families, helping to drive a nationwide shortage, a report said Tuesday.

The doctors are prescribing chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for themselves and their loved ones

What do they know that you don't know? Well of course, like myself, they are very well educated in microbiology and have logical minds capable of objectively performing an unbiased risk/benefit analysis.

Risk: Unless contraindicated, the risk of taking hydroxychloroquine along with zinc supplements for prophylaxis is practically nil. It has a very long and well understood safety profile at the dosages recommended by the most intelligent experts for prophylaxis.

Possible Benefits: Lower the chances of you from getting very sick, and possibly dying a horrific and very painful and protracted death drowning in your own bodily fluids, from the COVID-19 disease. Inhibition of the transmission of the SARS CoV-2 pathogen to others.

To those who are well educated regarding the subject, the risk of taking hydroxychloroquine with zinc is tremendously outweighed by the possible benefits.

This is why so many doctors are prescribing hydroxychloroquine for themselves and their loved ones.

This is also why the Ministry of Health in India, over a month ago, officially recommended that all healthcare professionals treating confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients and all adult close contacts of confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients, begin a hydroxychloroquine prophylaxis regimen immediately.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm on the same hydroxychoroqine regimen that I have practiced in the past to prepare for trips abroad to countries where malaria is endemic.

I've never experienced any ill effects from it.

Last edited:
The evidence is overwhelming that chloroquine is proving to be an effective treatment for COVID-19. This does not mean that it cures in 100% of cases. Very few drugs cure their targeted diseases/infections in all cases. However, chloroquine's success rate is clearly very high. Medical surveys are finding that doctors are choosing chloroquine, or its variant hydroxychloroquine, more often than they are using any other drug to treat COVID-19.

Non-lying news organizations have documented hundreds of cases of COVID-19 patients who have been cured with chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine, including a Democratic representative in Michigan who was honest enough to praise President Trump for recommending the drug after it cured her of COVID-19.

Here is small sample of the evidence:

Oops...

No evidence of benefit for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19 patients, study finds

Personally, I'm on the same hydroxychoroqine regimen that I have practiced in the past to prepare for trips abroad to countries where malaria is endemic.

Well you can stop taking it, now. You might also want to report your doctor to the State medical board.

Well you can stop taking it, now. You might also want to report your doctor to the State medical board.
Of course I'm not going to stop taking it, you TDS afflicted moron.

Then you are a gullible fool taking medicine that has no benefit to you but that can harm you.

Then you are a gullible fool taking medicine that has no benefit to you but that can harm you.
Do you have any evidence that there's no benefit?

And what would that evidence look like? Be specific. I really want you to understand why that is a stupid question.

Lefties will rather choose death than be cured by president Trump.
It's so blatant the way they lie and hate on the drug that one has to ask why?
1) is it just that they can't have a heroic or sucessful rival during a campaign year?
Even MSM host Chris Cuomo who got the virus used a less safe version of the drug he was bashing while his brother was ordering hydroxychloroquine for his state.
2)is it they support rival company drugs with large investments?
3)are the Saudis investors with large shares of the media companies the holders of these rival drug companies?
The MSM won't dig deep or connect the dots so you have to dig yourself-who in the media or large owners of media shares are heavy invested in rival drug companies?
Here's a list of the rival companies
now find the large share owners/and or board members and tie them to Saudis money or media network execs and large shareholders and affiliates (like Comcast).
There might be the answer why they are syncronized hating on 1 company's healing properties over another.

He's not really taking it.

Hell, he's not even a real.person.

A Muslim tRump supporter?

Come on!

Come on!
He is not a Muslim. He's not pretending to be a Muslim. Thus the avatar. It's to troll Muslims.

Come on!
He is not a Muslim. He's not pretending to be a Muslim. Thus the avatar. It's to troll Muslims.
Ah, I thought he was somebody else.

My bad.

And what would that evidence look like? Be specific. I really want you to understand why that is a stupid question.
Like many idiots, you seem to have cornered yourself into the unenviable position of defending your unsupported negative assertion. And of course you've got nothing to back it up.

That's why intelligent people don't make those kind of unsupported (and unsupportable) negative assertions.

Forum List

Back