Yellowstone volcano about to erupt nation park rocked by 81 earthquakes

If it erupts its goodbye America.

Yellowstone a super caldera that has erupted in the past. Hope it doesn't erupt again till I'm long gone.

I would think something of the country would endure. However the enduring people would be the ones that could withstand the stress of the situation, and be able to contribute to group survival.

My Engineering experience would probably make me a commodity. Someone with 18th century lesbian basket weaving studies experience? Not so much.
I would think something of the country would endure. However the enduring people would be the ones that could withstand the stress of the situation, and be able to contribute to group survival.
How long do you think the "nuclear winter" aspect of a major eruption at Yellowstone would last?

Yellowstone volcano about to ERUPT? National park rocked by 81 earthquakes

"If the Wyoming volcano were to erupt an estimated 87,000 people would be killed immediately and two-thirds of the USA would immediately be made uninhabitable.

"The large spew of ash into the atmosphere would block out sunlight and directly affect life beneath it creating a 'nuclear winter'".

Humanity would endure, and probably the US would too. We would definitely be culled, but not destroyed.
Humanity would endure, and probably the US would too. We would definitely be culled, but not destroyed.
It looks like one of those possible events that would make a great movie but a "difficult" reality, to say the least:
yellowstone-eruption.jpg

Scientists discuss warning signs of eruption at Yellowstone super volcano - Strange Sounds

OPINION (Express) – The Yellowstone volcano has been showing huge amounts of signs of activity in the past few weeks, with a staggering 81 earthquakes shaking the national park. Most of the tremors have been relatively small, with the largest registering as a two on the Richter scale. But some experts warn that sometimes the size of earthquakes is irrelevant, but the quantity of them could be more of a forewarning. Portland State University Geology Professor Emeritus Scott Burns has said a spate of small tremors around a volcano
------------------------------------

Well some live near by and would want warning some find it informative some who the hell knows lol
RUN FOR THE HILLS! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!! :71:

If it erupts its goodbye America.

Yellowstone a super caldera that has erupted in the past. Hope it doesn't erupt again till I'm long gone.

My Engineering experience would probably make me a commodity. Someone with 18th century lesbian basket weaving studies experience? Not so much.
How long do you think the "nuclear winter" aspect of a major eruption at Yellowstone would last?

"If the Wyoming volcano were to erupt an estimated 87,000 people would be killed immediately and two-thirds of the USA would immediately be made uninhabitable.

"The large spew of ash into the atmosphere would block out sunlight and directly affect life beneath it creating a 'nuclear winter'".

It looks like one of those possible events that would make a great movie but a "difficult" reality, to say the least:
yellowstone-eruption.jpg

Scientists discuss warning signs of eruption at Yellowstone super volcano - Strange Sounds

More like a mini-series, the impacts outside the hot ash zone would take time to develop.

Forum List

Back