Yeah....about that whole "Obama is a Muslim" thing

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
washingtonpost.com

What Madewa and other old friends want to remind Obama about won't bring any joy to those in the United States who contend that the president is a closet Muslim. The truth, they say, is this: While Obama went to Besuki, a mostly Muslim school, for less than a year, he spent most of his four years in Indonesia studying at Santo Fransiskus Asisi, a Roman Catholic school run at the time by a stern Dutch priest. Classes began and ended each day with Christian prayers.

Oopsie. Better find a new conspiracy theory wackjobs.

Obama and his first class Arabic accent disagree.

"Here is Obama reciting the Shahada in public on the record.

Barack Hussein Obama said the Muslim call to prayer is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth."

In an interview with Nicholas Kristof, published in The New York Times, Obama recited the Muslim call to prayer, the Adhan, "with a first-class [Arabic] accent."

The opening lines of the Adhan (Azaan) is the Shahada:

"Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet... "

According to Islamic scholars, reciting the Shahada, the Muslim declaration of faith, makes one a Muslim. This simple yet profound statement expresses a Muslim's complete acceptance of, and total commitment to, the message of Islam."

Obama recited the Muslim call to prayer NYT - Reader comments at Daniel Pipes

Obama and his first class Arabic accent disagree.

"Here is Obama reciting the Shahada in public on the record.

Barack Hussein Obama said the Muslim call to prayer is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth."

In an interview with Nicholas Kristof, published in The New York Times, Obama recited the Muslim call to prayer, the Adhan, "with a first-class [Arabic] accent."

The opening lines of the Adhan (Azaan) is the Shahada:

"Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet... "

According to Islamic scholars, reciting the Shahada, the Muslim declaration of faith, makes one a Muslim. This simple yet profound statement expresses a Muslim's complete acceptance of, and total commitment to, the message of Islam."

Obama recited the Muslim call to prayer NYT - Reader comments at Daniel Pipes

So because he thinks a prayer is pleasing in an auditory way, this makes him a muslim.

Yeah, um, no.

It's doubtful he would recite a prayer which Muslims consider a statement of faith, given his intimate understanding of Islam, if he didn't mean it as a statement of faith.

Unless you think he's retarded?

It's doubtful he would recite a prayer which Muslims consider a statement of faith, given his intimate understanding of Islam, if he didn't mean it as a statement of faith.

Unless you think he's retarded?

It is doubtful he would *poof* be a muslim just because he said some words.

Religion is a bit more than performing the equivalent of saying "candyman" three times while looking into a mirror.

I didn't say he'd become a Muslim by reciting the words. I said it's unlikely he'd recite a statement of faith if he wasn't, given his understanding of the faith.

Two things about Obama you obviously don't understand...#1, he's a liar, you can't believe anything he says about anything, so everything he says is up for debate.
#2, he assumes everyone else is too stupid to figure it out.

Last edited:
I didn't say he'd become a Muslim. I said it's unlikely he'd recite a statement of faith if he wasn't.

And that is just as retarded.

I just recited it. Does that mean I was really a muslim and the prayer has brought it out of me?

No, you idiot. I DIDN'T SAY IT MAKES YOU MUSLIM. I said the Muslims view the recitation as a STATEMENT OF FAITH. It's unlikely that anyone with a Muslim background would forget that, or fail to understand what it means to Muslims who hear him recite it.

No, you idiot. I DIDN'T SAY IT MAKES YOU MUSLIM. I said the Muslims view the recitation as a STATEMENT OF FAITH. It's unlikely that anyone with a Muslim background would forget that, or fail to understand what it means to Muslims who hear him recite it.

I didn't say that it made me a muslim. I said that it brought out my inner muslim.

Learn to read for comprehension before you start calling someone an idiot.

I just said it again. My inner muslim must be in some serious turmoil.

Comprehension is my strong suit.
"It is doubtful he would *poof* be a muslim just because he said some words."

I re-iterate, I never said anyone would become muslim by saying the words.

Nice diversion though.

So do you think Obama is so stupid he somehow forgot that Muslims view the recitation as a statement of faith?

Or do you think he deliberately lied to the Muslim world?

Obviously not, because I revised the statement again to fit into your silly theory, and then you proceeded to call me an idiot.

I just realized that this is further illustrating your comprehension issues. No surprise.

So do you think Obama is so stupid he somehow forgot that Muslims view the recitation as a statement of faith?

No, I think that he is not a Muslim, therefore saying some words means nothing to his religious faith, as it means nothing to mine. As evidenced by my recitation of the prayer, and I still have no urges to go don a turban and kneel towards Mecca.

You were dropped on your head as a kid, right?

Nice diversion though.

Yet you take it on faith that Obama must be a Muslim because he did say those words.

You need, I think, a few elementry lessons in logic, Allie.

Obviously not, because I revised the statement again to fit into your silly theory, and then you proceeded to call me an idiot.

I just realized that this is further illustrating your comprehension issues. No surprise.

No, I think that he is not a Muslim, therefore saying some words means nothing to his religious faith, as it means nothing to mine. As evidenced by my recitation of the prayer, and I still have no urges to go don a turban and kneel towards Mecca.

Not at all.
So you think he lied to the Muslim world.
Got it.

Nice diversion though.

Yet you take it on faith that Obama must be a Muslim because he did say those words.

You need, I think, a few elementry lessons in logic, Allie.

If he knew that it's a statement of faith, why would he recite it, knowing that Muslims would take it as such?

Not at all.
So you think he lied to the Muslim world.
Got it.

I don't think the muslim world views the recitation of a prayer, that one does not believe to begin with, as an example of the auditory beauty of the language, a lie.

He lies about policy, politics and and many other things.

This ain't one of them.

Yeah.
He didn't lie about Wright either.
He's perfectly truthful about faith...though he lies about everything else.

That's certainly logical.

i like Hawaiian chants, does that make me Hawaiian?

[youtube]U5V8FZXoiUI[/youtube]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back