YAWN--Another mass shooting

Mrs. - Dear, there was another mass shooting yesterday, 8 people were killed at a FEDEX facility

Mr. - Huh, We got a something FED EX?? Hey. There's a sale at Wal Mart! I need some new boots anyway.

No one really gives a crap about this...do they?? :no_text11:

The Fed Ex shooter’s mother called police and reported her son LAST YEAR. The problem isn’t guns. How many shooters were known to have major issues before the shooting and nothing was done? This kid was mentally unstable to the point his own mother reported him for a possible suicide by cop. Well he did it. We don’t need gun control we need idiot control. We need to pay attention and intervene with serious mental health help. Inpatient living facilities need to come back so this mother could have had him committed. Yes the outpatient is cheaper but it doesn’t serve society. We have to have a balance between constitutional rights and public safety, and we need to bring back more long term facilities because some mental health and addiction problems can’t be solved in 6 weeks.
We have people with mental health issues over here. We dont have your gun slaughter though.
Why is mental health an issue in 2A America but not an issue in civilised Europe ?
It's an issue in Europe as well, but you do have better public facilities for mental health. America used to have good public facilities for mental health, but we gutted them in the 60s and 70s due to a combination of removing funding and activists against involuntary commitment.

Guns were easier to obtain before the 60s and yet, mass shootings were a lot less common then. So, it's not about guns. It's about a lack of proper public mental health facilities.
Im sorry but our mental health provision has been shit for at least 30 years. Thatcher closed down most institutions and replaced it with a policy called "care in the community" which basically told folk to just make the best of it. So these poor buggers can be found in shop doorways and park benches all over Britain.

They are mainly harmless and ,of course, are a long way from getting hold of machine guns.
I suppose the UK might be different, but you did say Europe. What I said was very much accurate for France and Germany. Also, it's actually easier to get a gun in France than in the UK.
The figures across western europe are all a lot lower than the US but I am not familiar with mental health care outside of the UK. It might be guessing but your problems might stem from the number of wars you take part in. A lot of our issues stem from not looking after servicemen.

Mrs. - Dear, there was another mass shooting yesterday, 8 people were killed at a FEDEX facility

Mr. - Huh, We got a something FED EX?? Hey. There's a sale at Wal Mart! I need some new boots anyway.

This isn't a gun problem. It's a moral problem.

They're not being killed by morals.

Of course not, its a lack of teaching and morals that leads to such depravity. You have to go to the root of the problem and look at how these people were raised. Its not the gun. I could own 20,000 guns but I wouldn't go kill someone.
If any person ever owned 20,000 guns, I would have to say that they're both mentally ill and a potential danger to everyone they know and the community in which they live.

Mental illness is rampant. Peoe are always stressed. Gotta work gotta do this do that run here run there. At some point the stress becomes overwhelming. This is the awful result.

Of course not, its a lack of teaching and morals that leads to such depravity. You have to go to the root of the problem and look at how these people were raised. Its not the gun. I could own 20,000 guns but I wouldn't go kill someone.
If any person ever owned 20,000 guns, I would have to say that they're both mentally ill and a potential danger to everyone they know and the community in which they live.

You missed the point.

Liberals need to learn how to get over incidents like this. Mass shootings are part of living in a free country.

My thoughts and prayers are with those families
"Thoughts and prayers" has become the default mocking slogan of the anti-God left.

More to the point, it's an education problem. When children are taught to hate, like they're doing now in our schools, life has no value. Add to that no discipline or teaching personal responsibility, and you get generations of very volatile people with no respect for others.

You missed the point.
People who stockpile weapons are dangerous based on, if for no other reason, than their mindset. It's called PARANOIA!

You missed the point.
People who stockpile weapons are dangerous based on, if for no other reason, than their mindset. It's called PARANOIA!

You having car insurance marks you out as paranoid. You need to be sent to a mental asylum

The Fed Ex shooter’s mother called police and reported her son LAST YEAR. The problem isn’t guns. How many shooters were known to have major issues before the shooting and nothing was done? This kid was mentally unstable to the point his own mother reported him for a possible suicide by cop. Well he did it. We don’t need gun control we need idiot control. We need to pay attention and intervene with serious mental health help. Inpatient living facilities need to come back so this mother could have had him committed. Yes the outpatient is cheaper but it doesn’t serve society. We have to have a balance between constitutional rights and public safety, and we need to bring back more long term facilities because some mental health and addiction problems can’t be solved in 6 weeks.
We have people with mental health issues over here. We dont have your gun slaughter though.
Why is mental health an issue in 2A America but not an issue in civilised Europe ?
It's an issue in Europe as well, but you do have better public facilities for mental health. America used to have good public facilities for mental health, but we gutted them in the 60s and 70s due to a combination of removing funding and activists against involuntary commitment.

Guns were easier to obtain before the 60s and yet, mass shootings were a lot less common then. So, it's not about guns. It's about a lack of proper public mental health facilities.
Im sorry but our mental health provision has been shit for at least 30 years. Thatcher closed down most institutions and replaced it with a policy called "care in the community" which basically told folk to just make the best of it. So these poor buggers can be found in shop doorways and park benches all over Britain.

They are mainly harmless and ,of course, are a long way from getting hold of machine guns.
I suppose the UK might be different, but you did say Europe. What I said was very much accurate for France and Germany. Also, it's actually easier to get a gun in France than in the UK.
The figures across western europe are all a lot lower than the US but I am not familiar with mental health care outside of the UK. It might be guessing but your problems might stem from the number of wars you take part in. A lot of our issues stem from not looking after servicemen.
Quite a few of our mentally ill happen to be former soldiers as well. And yeah, America's interventionism is problematic for a variety of reasons. The creation of mental health issues would definitely be one of them.

You missed the point.

Not at all. Some people just like to collect guns. Thats all.

Mental health is the issue. Not guns.

Oh yea? So if that is the case, then why is it so easy for a lunatic to buy a gun?
It's not actually.

Really? The Fed Ex shooter had his shotgun seized by the FBI after they interviewed him, and was flagged as a risk, and then legally purchased two assault rifles which he used to slaughter eight people.

So, yea, it is easy, and it happens all the time.

This plus the leftist, MSM, agenda of glorifying the killings in order to promote more killings in support of their agenda.

Yes, "YAWN" is the accurate word to describe the mass shootings and -- especially -- all the riots and demonstrations going on in the nation now.

I remember that every summer in the 1960s there were riots in the inner city.

People became so sick and tired of them that they stopped paying attention.

Yea racist trash like you.

There is an easy solution, but it unfortunately isn't easy to pass. We could bring back our public mental health system and involuntarily commit the most unstable people.

Once again... This ^, plus quit disarming people and allow them to defend themselves. Even mental health doesn't cause as many shootings as do gun-free zones. It happens, but very rarely, that a mentally deficient shooter goes into a gun show or a police station but we wouldn't even be having a national discussion on mass shootings if it were only those few that were crazy enough to do that.

Forum List

Back