YAWN--Another mass shooting

Mrs. - Dear, there was another mass shooting yesterday, 8 people were killed at a FEDEX facility

Mr. - Huh, We got a something FED EX?? Hey. There's a sale at Wal Mart! I need some new boots anyway.

No one really gives a crap about this...do they?? :no_text11:

My thoughts and prayers are with those families

You're so stupid you think the way to stop drunk driving is by banning sober driving.

Let’s see
So a mass shooting is JUST like drunk driving

Drivers must be licensed.....shooters? NOPE
Drivers have insurance.....shooters? NOPE
Cars must be registered.....guns? NOPE
Someone serving a drunk is liable......selling a gun? NOPE

Let’s see

You would think all of that regulation would help........NOPE.

• More than a quarter (25%) of all traffic-related deaths are the direct result of alcohol impairment (NHTSA).
  • 29 people die each day in automobile accidents that involve a drunk driver (CDC).
  • Around 800 people per day are injured in a drunk driving crash and 30 people die (NHTSA).

Let’s see

You would think all of that regulation would help........NOPE.

• More than a quarter (25%) of all traffic-related deaths are the direct result of alcohol impairment (NHTSA).
  • 29 people die each day in automobile accidents that involve a drunk driver (CDC).
  • Around 800 people per day are injured in a drunk driving crash and 30 people die (NHTSA).
So are you suggesting we stop trying to prevent drunk driving?

Mrs. - Dear, there was another mass shooting yesterday, 8 people were killed at a FEDEX facility

Mr. - Huh, We got a something FED EX?? Hey. There's a sale at Wal Mart! I need some new boots anyway.

The Fed Ex shooter’s mother called police and reported her son LAST YEAR. The problem isn’t guns. How many shooters were known to have major issues before the shooting and nothing was done? This kid was mentally unstable to the point his own mother reported him for a possible suicide by cop. Well he did it. We don’t need gun control we need idiot control. We need to pay attention and intervene with serious mental health help. Inpatient living facilities need to come back so this mother could have had him committed. Yes the outpatient is cheaper but it doesn’t serve society. We have to have a balance between constitutional rights and public safety, and we need to bring back more long term facilities because some mental health and addiction problems can’t be solved in 6 weeks.
We have people with mental health issues over here. We dont have your gun slaughter though.
Why is mental health an issue in 2A America but not an issue in civilised Europe ?
It's an issue in Europe as well, but you do have better public facilities for mental health. America used to have good public facilities for mental health, but we gutted them in the 60s and 70s due to a combination of removing funding and activists against involuntary commitment.

Guns were easier to obtain before the 60s and yet, mass shootings were a lot less common then. So, it's not about guns. It's about a lack of proper public mental health facilities.

My thoughts and prayers are with those families

You're so stupid you think the way to stop drunk driving is by banning sober driving.

Let’s see

If the 2nd Amendment didn't exist, you'd have a point. I know a lot of progressives would like to repeal the 2nd Amendment, but good luck passing an Amendment to do so.

This isn't a gun problem. It's a moral problem.

They're not being killed by morals.

Oh yea? So if that is the case, then why is it so easy for a lunatic to buy a gun?
What is your solution? :popcorn:

There is no easy solution, but the current model, which is doing nothing, is not working, and never has.
There is an easy solution, but it unfortunately isn't easy to pass. We could bring back our public mental health system and involuntarily commit the most unstable people.

The Fed Ex shooter’s mother called police and reported her son LAST YEAR. The problem isn’t guns. How many shooters were known to have major issues before the shooting and nothing was done? This kid was mentally unstable to the point his own mother reported him for a possible suicide by cop. Well he did it. We don’t need gun control we need idiot control. We need to pay attention and intervene with serious mental health help. Inpatient living facilities need to come back so this mother could have had him committed. Yes the outpatient is cheaper but it doesn’t serve society. We have to have a balance between constitutional rights and public safety, and we need to bring back more long term facilities because some mental health and addiction problems can’t be solved in 6 weeks.
We have people with mental health issues over here. We dont have your gun slaughter though.
Why is mental health an issue in 2A America but not an issue in civilised Europe ?
It's an issue in Europe as well, but you do have better public facilities for mental health. America used to have good public facilities for mental health, but we gutted them in the 60s and 70s due to a combination of removing funding and activists against involuntary commitment.

Guns were easier to obtain before the 60s and yet, mass shootings were a lot less common then. So, it's not about guns. It's about a lack of proper public mental health facilities.
Im sorry but our mental health provision has been shit for at least 30 years. Thatcher closed down most institutions and replaced it with a policy called "care in the community" which basically told folk to just make the best of it. So these poor buggers can be found in shop doorways and park benches all over Britain.

They are mainly harmless and ,of course, are a long way from getting hold of machine guns.

Im sorry but our mental health provision has been shit for at least 30 years. Thatcher closed down most institutions and replaced it with a policy called "care in the community" which basically told folk to just make the best of it. So these poor buggers can be found in shop doorways and park benches all over Britain.

They are mainly harmless and ,of course, are a long way from getting hold of machine guns.
I suppose the UK might be different, but you did say Europe. What I said was very much accurate for France and Germany. Also, it's actually easier to get a gun in France than in the UK.

This isn't a gun problem. It's a moral problem.

They're not being killed by morals.

Of course not, its a lack of teaching and morals that leads to such depravity. You have to go to the root of the problem and look at how these people were raised. Its not the gun. I could own 20,000 guns but I wouldn't go kill someone.

Forum List

Back