Yard signs in PA...

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
I've been driving around a lot the last week or so, and something just dawned on me. I have seen quite a few Romney yard signs, but not a single Obama yard sign. not one. Zilch.

This time in 2008, you could not throw a stone in PA without hitting an Obama yard sign.

Are his supporters ashamed? Afraid? Gone?

I've been driving around a lot the last week or so, and something just dawned on me. I have seen quite a few Romney yard signs, but not a single Obama yard sign. not one. Zilch.

This time in 2008, you could not throw a stone in PA without hitting an Obama yard sign.

I have noticed the same thing,I get around the north central Pa counties a lot,along with the southern tier of NY,there is a very noticeable difference between 08 and now,in Ithaca NY the Berkley of the east you couldn't pass a house without a Obama sign,not so much this time.

They are just gone,his base has shrunk past what got him elected the 1st time.

Same here, I'm in SW PA, and recently traveled to central north, and I was saying the same thing. Lot's of Romney signs, no Obama signs. Same with the bumper stickers as well. Altho, after a presidential election, when looking at a state map broken down by county and whether they went red or blue, PA looks mostly red, and the 'D' still wins. The 9 or 10 counties surrounding Pittsburgh and Philly are typically blue and that's the higher concnetration of population. If you went by land mass the R's would alway win PA. I don't think the O is going to have the turnout this time around, which is going to hurt him. Last I heard it was about a 2 to 3 point spread in PA, which is actually pretty close.

I saw a yard that had a "war is bad" sign and right next to it an Obama sign. Lol the irony!

I have noticed the same thing,I get around the north central Pa counties a lot,along with the southern tier of NY,there is a very noticeable difference between 08 and now,in Ithaca NY the Berkley of the east you couldn't pass a house without a Obama sign,not so much this time.

They are just gone,his base has shrunk past what got him elected the 1st time.

He was up by 8% at one point in PA. RCP has it down to 5% at the moment. That drop is since the first debate.

Also, I live in a development. There is not a single Obama yard sign in any of the 200+ yards here. I saw 17 Romney ones... which is 15 more than I saw McCain ones in 2008, and about half the Obama ones I saw here in 2008.

These are EVERYWHERE!

A3bg0ZyCQAAGu28.jpg

Same here, I'm in SW PA, and recently traveled to central north, and I was saying the same thing. Lot's of Romney signs, no Obama signs. Same with the bumper stickers as well. Altho, after a presidential election, when looking at a state map broken down by county and whether they went red or blue, PA looks mostly red, and the 'D' still wins. The 9 or 10 counties surrounding Pittsburgh and Philly are typically blue and that's the higher concnetration of population. If you went by land mass the R's would alway win PA. I don't think the O is going to have the turnout this time around, which is going to hurt him. Last I heard it was about a 2 to 3 point spread in PA, which is actually pretty close.

Just about every state was like that. You could tell where the urban centers were by finding the blue splotches on the map. Washington, Idaho, Oregon...most of the large central and western states all looked like that. I'd agree that geographically, this is a red nation. The true schism is that the urban centers get to drive government while the suburban and rural areas get to pay for it.

To me the real tell is Ithaca NY, Pa is much like NY most of the state goes red,but down state and some counties around Rochester control the national elections

I think the only 'fair' solution is to allow the electoral votes to be split according to the districts they represent. This all-or-nothing horseshit has ruined how elections are slanted. Candidates only need to court those states with large electoral delegations. The rest of us are screwed.

i don't know... are romney's? i've hardly seen romney/ryan sign.... even in NJ

i see plenty of obama/biden bumper stickers though.

see, we can be anecdotal, too.

Putting up an Obama sign is a good way to get your house vandalized and your car keyed.

No matter how strongly you feel, my advice is, don't do it. Don't put an Obama sign in your yard or sticker on your car.

I haven't seen many signs for either Obama or Romney. The few out there seem to be about even and I'm in an area that leans Republican.

Lets also be real about another fact for a minute...

Not sure about the rest of you folks, but I'm not putting a Romney/Ryan sign in my yard because I dont want the "vulnerables" making me a target now, or when Ronney/Ryan win on November 6th.
I also do not want my truck vandalized by them due to a Romnay/Ryan bumper sticker...

True story :eusa_whistle:

it's not a matter of being anecdotal. I made a direct comparison of the plethora of Obama support signs in PA in 2008, as compared to the lack of said signage now, in 2012.

You can't make the same comparison for Romney, as he was not the GOP candidate in 2008.

it's not a matter of being anecdotal. I made a direct comparison of the plethora of Obama support signs in PA in 2008, as compared to the lack of said signage now, in 2012.

You can't make the same comparison for Romney, as he was not the GOP candidate in 2008.

i know you were. but the truth is, we were beseiged by mccain/palin stuff last timel. i see less of it on both sides,

i know you were. but the truth is, we were beseiged by mccain/palin stuff last timel. i see less of it on both sides,

i guess it depends on the area. I did see McCain signs in 2008, but nowhere near the number of Obama signs I saw.

Forum List

Back