Yankees and Dodgers world series rematch maybe?

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
Remember the Yankees and Dodgers world series games they played against each other in 77 and 78 and 81 as well?

a possibility of those two teams facing off again in the series is indeed very possible.They have about the same record in each league.

If they did face each other,it would be a reunion again kinda like the Celtics and Lakers brief reunion they had with each 5 to 10 years ago when they faced each other in the championship game back to back years.

I was actually rooting for the Boston Red Sox - hoping for a 101-year drought World Series between the Red Sox and the Chicago Cubs - 1918.

But my second team are the New York Yankees. I loved Thurman Munson (1970's) and the Big 3 - Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra and Roger Maris.

Brings back great memories...

When baseball was true baseball.

yeah those indeed were the good old days. back when you did not have this bullshit free agency with players going from one team to another all the time,low market vs big market,stupid wild card playoffs,ect,ect. the owners have really corrupted the game now.

yeah those indeed were the good old days. back when you did not have this bullshit free agency with players going from one team to another all the time,low market vs big market,stupid wild card playoffs,ect,ect.

I totally agree with you. The nonsense of free agency is a joke. Not to mention, the wild-card playoffs.
It should have always been the top teams in each division playing one another. Then the team that makes it to the second round plays the top team in that division.

Example:

New York is the top team right now. They would play either the Minnesota Twins/Houston Astros.

And the same for the National League.

There should have never been a wild-card game(s) at all. IMO

It's all about the pitching in the World Series. I have to go with the Astros especially after they picked up Zach Greinke.

wow i did not know the Astros got Grienke.Knowing that,yeah I got to go with them as well. The Astros are becoming the new team in baseball i hate the most. Forever it used to be the yankees but the Astros have replaced the yankees as the team that is able to buy the best talent in the league all the time and buy championships.

I expect them to win quite a few world series in the future.You know Grienke will be their new starting pitcher next season.

yeah those indeed were the good old days. back when you did not have this bullshit free agency with players going from one team to another all the time,low market vs big market,stupid wild card playoffs,ect,ect.

I totally agree with you. The nonsense of free agency is a joke. Not to mention, the wild-card playoffs.
It should have always been the top teams in each division playing one another. Then the team that makes it to the second round plays the top team in that division.

Example:

New York is the top team right now. They would play either the Minnesota Twins/Houston Astros.

And the same for the National League.

There should have never been a wild-card game(s) at all. IMO

I cannot believe all the fools out there that like that asinine wild card. how can they be in favor of something that has totally ruined the game?:mad:

they were the one sport left that did it right.the team that finished first moved on,all the others would have to stay home. That was a good way of showing you need to be the best there is to advance,that finishing second never wins you anything. Now the message being sent is it is okay to finish second, you dont have to be first at what you do anymore.:mad:

free agency so much ruined the game as well. I miss the good old days when every year,for the most part,you always knew the players you cheered on and followed would be back next year.

Back in the 70's it would have been unheard of for a talented pitcher like zack grienke for example,not to finish at least MOST of his career with the Royals.

just wondering,you posted that video of the yankees and brooklyn dodgers,you are not that old are you? you surely are not that old that you were around back then to watch tthat game are you?

I cannot believe all the fools out there that like that asinine wild card. how can they be in favor of something that has totally ruined the game?:mad:

Yep! That's why I don't watch baseball as much as I used to. I watch the old classic games on youtube. :)

Bryce Harper first Phillie with walkoff grand slam since John Mayberry 6 years ago

Yep! That's why I don't watch baseball as much as I used to. I watch the old classic games on youtube. :)

amen you and me both.you are one of the TRUE baseball fans on this board.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

i do the same thing with baseball i do with the NFL.both professional sports are so fucking corrupt now that i just buy old playoff games from baseball and the NFL form yesteryear in a time and age where players stayed with one team their whole career or no more than one other team finishing their career with.this day and age they jump from team to team and its sad when you know its almost always going to be the big market teams that advance in the playoffs.

plus again it sucks having sooooo many of them in the playoffs now,its even worse in basketball where HALF the teams in the league make it to the playoffs. thank god i have never been a basketball fan i would REALLY be dissapointed. I only remember the lakers and celtics playoff games from the 80;s cause my DAD was big into basketball and would always watch them.

ESPN was talking about it yesterday saying they think there is a good chance of them meeting up as well saying they are both on a pace to win over a 100 games. dont know why they would think the yanks would be in it after the stros won last year ESPECIALLY since they have zack grieneke now.

Remember the Yankees and Dodgers world series games they played against each other in 77 and 78 and 81 as well?

a possibility of those two teams facing off again in the series is indeed very possible.They have about the same record in each league.

If they did face each other,it would be a reunion again kinda like the Celtics and Lakers brief reunion they had with each 5 to 10 years ago when they faced each other in the championship game back to back years.
Dodgers OUT--hahahahah
you don't have much luck with those LA teams

not even close...hahahahhahahahahaha

No.

New Topics

Forum List

Back