Yahoo! Threatening Its Contributors for Telling Truth

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
Several days ago, I started the discussion “Were You Required to Have Yahoo! Email?” on Associatedcontent.com now owned by Yahoo! Days later and after some responses, I chimed in expanding on why I made inquiry. My brief explanation was quoted in the response of a fellow contributor. When I returned about two days later to the discussion, my explanation plus quote by fellow contributor had been deleted.

I had simply given my concise story about why Yahoo! upon taking over Associatedcontent demanded that all Yahoo! contributors have a Yahoo! email account: Surveillance was my guess. I believe Yahoo! like Microsoft and Google is in bed with governments and that Yahoo! is commissioned to track all its literary users.

I wrote to the contact on Associatedcontent.com seeking to know why my comment had been deleted. Several days went by and I received no reply. Today I received an email from Yahoo! alleging I was in violation of its Terms and Conditions and that it reserves the right to terminate my account for expressing my opinion.

I read and have again read the Terms and Condition of use and TOS on Associatedcontent.com and saw nothing that would classify my properly expressed opinion as being in violation. Interestingly however, a contributor on Yahoo! Associatedcontent alleges my statement of fact is plain libel. To the contributor I again say:

One is not guilty of libel and/or slander for telling the truth. The fact that an expressed statement, whether spoken or published, got you between the eyes, exposes you for what you are and causes others to see your nasty side does not qualify truthful statement as libel and/or slander.

Darn paranoid entities and surveillance! Well, we humans just cannot be intimidated.

Last edited:
Several days ago, I started the discussion “Were You Required to Have Yahoo! Email?” on Associatedcontent.com now owned by Yahoo! Days later and after some responses, I chimed in expanding on why I made inquiry. My brief explanation was quoted in the response of a fellow contributor. When I returned about 2 days later to the discussion, my explanation plus quote by fellow contributor had been deleted.

I had simply given my concise story about why Yahoo! upon taking over Associatedcontent demanded that all Yahoo! contributors have a Yahoo! email account: Surveillance was my guess. I believe Yahoo! like Microsoft and Google were in bed with governments and that Yahoo! was commissioned to track all its literary users.

I wrote to the contact on Associatedcontent.com seeking to know why my comment had been deleted. Several days went by and I received no reply. Today I just received an email from Yahoo! alleging I was in violation of its Terms and Conditions and that it reserves the right to terminate my account for expressing my opinion.

I read the Terms and Condition of use and TOS on Associatedcontent.com and saw nothing that would categorize my properly expressed opinion as being in violation. Interestingly however, a contributor on Yahoo! Associatedcontent alleges my statement of fact is plain libel. To the contributor I again say:

One is not guilty of libel and/or slander for telling the truth. The fact that an expressed statement, simply spoken or published, got you between the eyes, exposes you for what you are and causes others to see your nasty side does not qualify truth as libel and/or slander.

Darn paranoid entities and surveillance! Well, we humans just cannot be intimidated.

If you stated that Yahoo are 'in bed' with governments, that is libel. Unless you can prove it to be true, which I doubt. Your opinion is not 'truth'. Your opinion is just your opinion.

Idiot

Truth is opinion by someone or group of persons and an opinion does not always have be proven conventionally for it to be the truth:

Neither you nor I can see the wind. but when the branches bow northward, we know the wind is blowing North.

We did not know what was in dust of World Trade Towers (though some "conspiracy theorists" knew better and attempted to spread the word), but when hundreds of people that were present at ground zero suddenly developed mesothelioma - a lung cancer, we now know asbestos was indeed in dust of World Trade Towers.

Besides, Yahoo! like Google states in its policy that it may share your personal information if necessary, though one did not suspect they would be passing on information to our government in the "land of the free" now suffering from paranoia and turned oppressive.

In conclusion, I do not have to be a meteorologist to know what direction the wind is blowing and do not have to have the wind in my hand to know that the wind is real.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by California Girl said:
If you stated that Yahoo are 'in bed' with governments, that is libel. Unless you can prove it to be true, which I doubt. Your opinion is not 'truth'. Your opinion is just your opinion.

Idiot

Truth is opinion by someone or group of person and an opinion does not always have be proven conventional for it to be the truth:

Neither you nor I can see the wind. but when the branches bow northward, we know the wind is blowing North.

We did not know what was in dust of World Trade Towers (though some "conspiracy theorists" knew better and attempted to spread the word), but when hundreds of people that were present at ground zero suddenly developed mesothelioma - a lung cancer, we now know asbestos was indeed in dust of World Trade Towers.

Besides, Yahoo! like Google state in their policies that they may share your personal information if necessary, though one did not suspect they would be passing on information to our government in "land of the free" now suffering from paranoia and turned oppressive.

In conclusion, I do not have to be a meteorologist to know what direction the wind is blowing and do not have to have the wind in my hand to know that the wind is real.

No, opinion is opinion, it is not fact - it is not 'truth'. Much as you might be dumb enough to think otherwise, it just ain't so.

In conclusion, you're an idiot.

Last edited:
Californiagirl, if you are obese and I told you that you are obese, though it is my opinion and may offend you, my opinion is nonetheless a fact and the truth.

Californiagirl, if you are obese and I told you that you are obese, though it is my opinion and may offend you, my opinion is nonetheless a fact and the truth.
CALIFORNIASLUT fell asleep on the beach and green peace tried to drag her fat as back out to sea!!:lol::lol:

On several occasions while editing some of my articles in my Yahoo! email account, I have had the computer freeze on me or have my very controversial articles deleted, though I had not touch the delete key or high-lighted a word.

I think there is much more about this collective surveillance by governments and their allies: I think the thinkers amongst us are being tracked to see just how much we know about the events surrounding us.

While some inquiring minds searched for other intelligent beings and some with sight so wonderful they could see civilization on Mars, I believe we are not alone. OMG! It is a war between the humans like us and the humans like them!

CALIFORNIASLUT fell asleep on the beach and green peace tried to drag her fat ass back out to sea!!:lol::lol:

I think she is simply pompous and without much ability to reason.

On several occasions while editing some of my articles in my Yahoo! email account, I have had the computer freeze on me or have my very controversial articles deleted, though I had not touch the delete key or high-lighted a word.

I see the problem.

You are an idiot, and it is Yahoo's fault.

I see the problem.

I know it appears peculiar that one so concerned about privacy would store controversial articles online. I do and for a smart reason. And until Yahoo! took over Associatedcontent.com where I publish some of my articles, I had no such problems -

I am however aware that I will have to forgo either my Yahoo! mail or Associatedcontent. And until then, I will not condone being threatened for expressing my views. I am a free human, free to express my views and entitled to my opinion.

I see the problem.

I know it appears peculiar that one so concerned about privacy would store controversial articles online. I do and for a smart reason. And until Yahoo! took over Associatedcontent.com where I publish some of my articles, I had no such problems -

I am however aware that I will have to forgo either my Yahoo! mail or Associatedcontent. And until then, I will not condone being threatened for expressing my views. I am a free human, free to express my views and entitled to my opinion.

Where did I say you were not?

My post is about your belief that Yahoo is making your computer run slow. The fact is that your computer is running slow because it runs multiple programs, and you are the one that is responsible for it, yet you blame Yahoo. That makes you an idiot, and you blame Yahoo for it.

By the way, I never linked my AC account with my Yahoo account. It is not required by the TOS, nor do they require it for new accounts. My guess is that makes you delusional on top of being stupid, but I could be wrong, you might just be crazy.

I see the problem.

Where did I say you were not?

My post is about your belief that Yahoo is making your computer run slow. The fact is that your computer is running slow because it runs multiple programs, and you are the one that is responsible for it, yet you blame Yahoo. That makes you an idiot, and you blame Yahoo for it.

By the way, I never linked my AC account with my Yahoo account. It is not required by the TOS, nor do they require it for new accounts. My guess is that makes you delusional on top of being stupid, but I could be wrong, you might just be crazy.

Windbag, I did not accuse Yahoo of freezing my computer. I am aware that that is Microsoft’s department when offline or a bug by any of several agents when online. My computer often freezes only when I am working on something flamboyant or making a very controversial comment. But when I am in my Yahoo! email account with just a window and a tap opened and my computer freezes or my work is deleted right before my eyes without my prompting, then that is a case directly involving Yahoo!

And for the record, I nowhere told you I linked my Yahoo! email account with my Associatedcontent account. Yahoo! linked my Associatedcontent account to my Yahoo! email. If you have a Yahoo! email account and the same email is used as sign-in at Associatedcontent, try accessing Yahoo! mail while still at Associatedcontent and observe what happens. Yahoo! will directly take you to your Yahoo! email account.

And Windbag, all contributors on Associatedcontent were required to have Yahoo! mail soon after Yahoo! acquired Associatedcontent; except, of course, for contributors with gmail (and below, as in my concise explanation on Associatedcontent, I state why gmail users are exception). And if you have multiple Yahoo! email accounts and Yahoo! did not demand your Associatedcontent sign-in Yahoo! email be the same as the one you use as a writer, then you probably write nothing that is worth anything.

Last edited:
Several days ago, I started the discussion “Were You Required to Have Yahoo! Email?” on Associatedcontent.com now owned by Yahoo! Days later and after some responses, I chimed in expanding on why I made inquiry. My brief explanation was quoted in the response of a fellow contributor. When I returned about two days later to the discussion, my explanation plus the quote by fellow Yahoo! contributor had been deleted.

I had simply given my concise story about why Yahoo! upon taking over Associatedcontent had demanded that all Yahoo! contributors have a Yahoo! email account: Surveillance is my guess. I believe Yahoo!, like Microsoft and Google, is in bed with governments and that Yahoo! is commissioned to track all its literary users.

Unlike some Associatedcontent contributors, I went to Associatedcontent with a Yahoo! email as my sign-in email. I had however used my personal Yahoo! email, not my writer Yahoo! email on Associatedcontent. Upon acquiring Associatedcontent, Yahoo! identified me and informed me I would have to sign into Associatedcontent with my Yahoo! penname email which Yahoo! obviously knew.

How did Yahoo! so quickly identified me?

I am a long-time user of Yahoo! services: I frequently comment on Yahoo! news and other Yahoo! discussions and used to have a webpage on Yahoo! Geocities that featured some of my ideas in some of my articles at Associatedcontent. I am also of the habit of working on and storing some of my literary works online, which Yahoo! no doubt is aware of. Thus, when Yahoo! acquired Associatedcontent and demanded my Associatedcontent sign-in email be the same as my writer email, I soon discovered that each time I was on Associatedcontent and tried to access Yahoo! email, I was immediately directed to my Yahoo! writer email, though it may not have been the email account I intended to access. I felt very uncomfortable with the direct link between my Associatedcontent account and my Yahoo! email, especially since I had not gone to Associatedcontent via Yahoo! And this is why I started the discussion “Were You Required to Have Yahoo! Email” on Associatedcontent.

Contributors who did not have Yahoo! email responded that they were indeed required to have Yahoo! email, while those with gmail said no. In my follow-up explanation, I then told fellow contributors I suspected surveillance and informed the gmail users that I believe Yahoo! had left them alone because they were already under the watch of Google the revised CIA.

Anyway, I wrote to the contact on Associatedcontent.com seeking to know why my comment had been deleted. Several days went by and I received no reply. On September 1, 2011, I received an email from Yahoo! alleging I was in violation of its Terms and Conditions and that it reserves the right to terminate my account for expressing my opinion.

I read the Terms and Condition of use and TOS on Associatedcontent.com and saw nothing that would classify my properly expressed opinion as being in violation. Interestingly however, a contributor on Yahoo! Associatedcontent alleges my statement of fact is plain libel. To the Yahoo! contributor I again say:

One is not guilty of libel and/or slander for telling the truth. The fact that an expressed statement, spoken or published, got you between the eyes, exposes you for what you are and causes others to see your nasty side does not qualify truth as libel and/or slander.

Besides, Yahoo! like Google states in its policy that it may share your personal information if necessary, though one does not suspect they would be passing on information to our government in the "land of the free" now suffering from acute paranoia and turned oppressive.

I do not have to be a meteorologist to know what direction the wind is blowing and I do not have to have the wind in my hand to know that the wind is real.

I used to have separate relationships with Yahoo! mail and Associatedcontent, and I do not appreciate the direct link between my webpage and my email account with these once separate entities. I know I will have to forgo Yahoo! mail and/or Associatedcontent.

One of the problems with Yahoo is that you get the ultra left wing A.P. news feeds too. The A.P. was so radical during the Iraq war that the news might as well have been from Al-Jazz.

Well...... Yahoo does have some issues when it comes to it's users.

I've been banned from Yahoo answers (permaban) for harmless trolling, I've had my comments flagged and deleted with warnings for explaining why I oppose Islam, and more.

But they have also turned in 2 people into the Chinese Government and the 2 people were put into jail.

I see the problem.

You are entitled to express your views.... but Yahoo and AssociatedContent are privately owned, you are not entitled to jack shit. It is their business - their decision what they allow.

You are a fucking idiot for not understanding that.

I think the thinkers amongst us are being tracked to see just how much we know about the events surrounding us.

You should be safe, then.

Hi there, robo-daveman! Nice to see you are out of the assembly room. Robo-futureman on Houston Chron has suddenly disappeared, and I believe it is on the assembly table for an update. Hope you had some good updates.

Forum List

Back