Y2Kyoto: Tidalgate

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
The raw (unadjusted) data from three Indian Ocean gauges – Aden, Karachi and Mumbai – showed that local sea level trends in the last 140 years had been very gently rising, neutral or negative (ie sea levels had fallen).

But after the evidence had been adjusted by tidal records gatekeepers at the global databank Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level (PSMSL) it suddenly showed a sharp and dramatic rise.

The whistle was blown by two Australian scientists Dr. Albert Parker and Dr. Clifford Ollier in a paper for Earth Systems and Environment.

Tidalgate: Climate Alarmists Caught Faking Sea Level Rise

Climate change is so bad they’re having to fabricate the data more frequently.

Sweet Jeebus, a 2 year old fraud from screeching arch-kook Delingpole?

That's pathetic. Deniers could at least dream up some new fraud. Just repeating old fraud is kind of insulting. We expect them to at least put some effort into their fraud.

Oh, the debunking.

FACT CHECK: Were Scientists Caught Tampering with Raw Data to Exaggerate Sea Level Rise?

Deniers, please now screech that Snopes is part of the conspiracy. After all, everything is part of the conspiracy, right?

We don't dream them up ... we expose them.

Interesting. You felt a burning need to jump in and run cover for Delingpole's old fraud.

I understand. Earning cult brownie points is important to you. The cult hands out brownie points to those who demonstrates a willingness to shill for the cult and endure the humiliation that follows.

We don't dream them up ... we expose them.

Interesting. You felt a burning need to jump in and run cover for Delingpole's old fraud.

I understand. Earning cult brownie points is important to you. The cult hands out brownie points to those who demonstrates a willingness to shill for the cult and endure the humiliation that follows.

You might very well believe I'm sympathetic to a cult.

But, I'm not the one suggesting we sacrifice humanity to the gods of weather to ensure it remains mild.

If I were going to join a cult, it would definitely be one that includes more group sex...

39c80c2e-b655-11e8-89ab-e29b0678280a_1280x720_175737.JPG

But, I'm not the one suggesting we sacrifice humanity to the gods of weather to ensure it remains mild.

As that's the first I've ever heard someone says that, I'd say your are the one suggesting it. After all, nobody else is.

Cult: a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister

All the hard data agrees with us.

We're the majority.

Your side meets the "small" and "strange" criteria, therefore your side is the cult, while we're the mainstream.

Tidal gauge data is considered scientifically unreliable ... not unless they have GPS receivers on them ... too few of them do, so the entire network can't be used for long term mean sea level calculations ... the land is moving up and down plus the continental plates are moving to and fro ... White et al (2005) "Coastal and global averaged sea level rise for 1950 to 2000" gives all the petty details ... Nerem et al (2017) "Climate-change–driven accelerated sea-level rise detected in the altimeter era" simply discards tidal gauge data and relies on satellite altimeter data ...

Less than two feet by year 2100 ... any claim of higher sea level rise is pure speculation and NOT based on any empirical data of any kind ...

As that's the first I've ever heard someone says that, I'd say your are the one suggesting it. After all, nobody else is.

Cult: a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister

All the hard data agrees with us.

We're the majority.

Your side meets the "small" and "strange" criteria, therefore your side is the cult, while we're the mainstream.
""Cult: a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister""
I call them 'Koch addicts."

Sweet Jeebus, a 2 year old fraud from screeching arch-kook Delingpole?

That's pathetic. Deniers could at least dream up some new fraud. Just repeating old fraud is kind of insulting. We expect them to at least put some effort into their fraud.

Oh, the debunking.

FACT CHECK: Were Scientists Caught Tampering with Raw Data to Exaggerate Sea Level Rise?

Deniers, please now screech that Snopes is part of the conspiracy. After all, everything is part of the conspiracy, right?
Hilarious. You use Snopes as if it means anything.

Forum List

Back