Wyoming police hunt military sniper

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By BEN NEARY and MEAD GRUVER, Associated Press Writers

CHEYENNE, Wyo. - David Munis was trained by the Army in how to live off the land, how to move stealthily in the wilderness, how to throw pursuers off his trail, and how to squeeze off a shot from a concealed position and hit a target the size of a postage stamp at 100 yards.

Those skills could make it extremely difficult — and dangerous — for the law officers trying to hunt him down.

Munis, a military sniper, is wanted on first-degree murder charges in the killing of his estranged wife, who was cut down with a bullet from a high-powered rifle that came crashing through a plate-glass door at a Cheyenne restaurant and lounge and struck her in the head as she sang the Toby Keith song "I Love This Bar."

more ... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_on_re_us/singer_shooting

Guess in all that training they forgot to mention to not be so obvious.

You have to admit, it appears to be pretty cut and dried; although, you are correct.

Here's a scenario:

Make husband write note (under duress), kill or even kidnap husband, steal truck, kill wife. Hope husband gets blamed. Find husband's body in mountains with bullet in head. Case closed. Killer gets away with "perfect" murder.

Pure speculation but until the case comes to trial and evidence is presented, it is premature to convict.

Here's a scenario:

Make husband write note (under duress), kill or even kidnap husband, steal truck, kill wife. Hope husband gets blamed. Find husband's body in mountains with bullet in head. Case closed. Killer gets away with "perfect" murder.

Pure speculation but until the case comes to trial and evidence is presented, it is premature to convict.

Yeah, we all know now that O.J. was/is innocent. LOL ;)

It was pretty much him. They found him and he killed himself.

I read some random news article where someone predicted he would commit suicide. Interesting that they could predict that.

Good points about the presumption of innocence/guilt though. As a law professor I was reading once wrote, "the law is littered with open and shut cases that weren't." In this one the suspect's suicide is a guilty plea but the point is still valid.

New Topics

Forum List

Back