Wyoming House working to end "Gun Free Zone" killing fields....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Well....at least someone is trying to do something to keep schools from being easy targets for mass shooters.....who snicker when they see the "Gun Free Zone" signs.....about the same time they start shooting innocent...unarmed...people.....

Wyoming House Passes Repeal of Gun Free Zones - The Truth About Guns

A bill repealing most of the gun free zones in The Cowboy State for concealed carry permit holders passed the house on a 42-17 vote. The main sponsor of the bill, Allen Jaggi, R-Lyman, above, said that it is a public safety issue. Most of the Republican support emphasized that point. From reuters.com: “Backers of the Wyoming bill argued it would increase the safety of children enrolled in Wyoming’s 48 school districts by allowing school employees, from teachers to janitors, to be armed in class and on campus grounds.” . . .

Several months ago, I stopped by my sister-in-law's office at a local telecom company as I happened to be having lunch right across the street. I did hesitate when I saw the "No Guns" sticker on the door, but figured fuck it. No one was the wiser.

A few weeks afterwards, the place was robbed at gunpoint. It was a Sunday and thankfully she wasn't working.

“Backers of the Wyoming bill argued it would increase the safety of children enrolled in Wyoming’s 48 school districts by allowing school employees, from teachers to janitors, to be armed in class and on campus grounds.”

Idiocy.

Students will be less safe, not more – if teachers and janitors start shooting all they'll hit are children.

“Backers of the Wyoming bill argued it would increase the safety of children enrolled in Wyoming’s 48 school districts by allowing school employees, from teachers to janitors, to be armed in class and on campus grounds.”

Idiocy.

Students will be less safe, not more – if teachers and janitors start shooting all they'll hit are children.
C_Clayton_Jones. Post Clayton_Jones, post! C_Clayton_Jones lie. Lie Clayton_Jones, lie!

You're such a Dick, Jane.

:slap:

Well....at least someone is trying to do something to keep schools from being easy targets for mass shooters.....who snicker when they see the "Gun Free Zone" signs.....about the same time they start shooting innocent...unarmed...people.....

Wyoming House Passes Repeal of Gun Free Zones - The Truth About Guns

A bill repealing most of the gun free zones in The Cowboy State for concealed carry permit holders passed the house on a 42-17 vote. The main sponsor of the bill, Allen Jaggi, R-Lyman, above, said that it is a public safety issue. Most of the Republican support emphasized that point. From reuters.com: “Backers of the Wyoming bill argued it would increase the safety of children enrolled in Wyoming’s 48 school districts by allowing school employees, from teachers to janitors, to be armed in class and on campus grounds.” . . .

How many accidental shootings in schools each year?

Wyoming has one of the lowest gun murder rates in the United States, yet one of the highest rates of gun ownership? I thought more guns meant more dead children, or something?
Gun violence in the United States by state - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

There are also few people and no large cities.
I am talking about per 100,000 people, not raw numbers, but in both cases it is very low.

Yes but it is densely populated with no big cities. Most shootings happen in big cities where you have lots of people packed together. You don't have that anywhere in the whole state.

Wyoming has one of the lowest gun murder rates in the United States, yet one of the highest rates of gun ownership? I thought more guns meant more dead children, or something?

I am talking about per 100,000 people, not raw numbers, but in both cases it is very low.

Yes but it is densely populated with no big cities. Most shootings happen in big cities where you have lots of people packed together. You don't have that anywhere in the whole state.
Most shootings do happen in big cities no doubt. But that is separate from gun control. For example Washington D.C has a higher gun murder rate than any of the 50 states and some of the strictest gun control in the country. What is also interesting is DC is very black and Wyoming is very white but I am sure this is a coincidence.

Most shootings do happen in big cities no doubt. But that is separate from gun control. For example Washington D.C has a higher gun murder rate than any of the 50 states and some of the strictest gun control in the country. What is also interesting is DC is very black and Wyoming is very white but I am sure this is a coincidence.

I'm not sure if your point. It's obvious they have few shootings because they have a small population and no big cities. DC is a city so it really shouldn't be compared to states.

I'm not sure if your point. It's obvious they have few shootings because they have a small population and no big cities. DC is a city so it really shouldn't be compared to states.
nonsense. There are less people in Wyoming than D.C. And we are talking about murders per 100000 people so we are talking proportional not nominal values to account for population differences.

The fact is. The number of blacks in an area is a far better determinant of the number of gun murders than the rate gun ownership in the area

There are no "Gun-free" zones in Iraq-Syria...they seem to have more gun violence.

Maybe Conservatives are just pretty stupid?

nonsense. There are less people in Wyoming than D.C. And we are talking about murders per 100000 people so we are talking proportional not nominal values to account for population differences.

The fact is. The number of blacks in an area is a far better determinant of the number of gun murders than the rate gun ownership in the area

In DC there are people packed together everywhere. In Wyoming you would have to search for hours just to find somebody to shoot. I'm exaggerating because you don't seem to get it.

In DC there are people packed together everywhere. In Wyoming you would have to search for hours just to find somebody to shoot. I'm exaggerating because you don't seem to get it.
So guns don't kill people. Population density does. The fact is, you don't even know what you are saying or the arguments you are forwarding.

So guns don't kill people. Population density does. The fact is, you don't even know what you are saying or the arguments you are forwarding.

Aren't we discussing why Wyoming has a low homicide rate? Guns kill lots of people each year. There are much fewer people per square mile in Wyoming, the opportunities for homicide are far less than in a city.

Aren't we discussing why Wyoming has a low homicide rate? Guns kill lots of people each year. There are much fewer people per square mile in Wyoming, the opportunities for homicide are far less than in a city.
I was discussing that there is not a statistically relevant correlation when controlled for other factors like race, and certainly not a causal relationship, between the rate of gun ownership(per 100,000 people) and number of gun murders per 100,000(I use the per 100,000 stat so we can have a proportional comparison to account for variations in population size).

You are making a suggestion that population density is a correlate with gun murders, I don't dispute that. But whether or not there is a correlation or causal relationship between population density and gun murders is separate from the issue of the relationship between gun ownership rates and gun murders.

I would argue, and I am backed up on the data, that the size of the black population in an area is a much stronger correlate than the rate of gun ownership in an area. There is a positive correlation of around .8 between the size of the blac population and the gun murder rate.

Race and Crime in America Ron Unz 8211 Writings and Perspectives

Last edited:
lol,

a DESERT IS A FUCKING WASTE LAND. Most of the desert solar is built on isn't useable.

I've come to the conclusion that both parties in this country are full of people that are truly sick in the head.

Because no one lives there?

lol,

a DESERT IS A FUCKING WASTE LAND. Most of the desert solar is built on isn't useable.

I've come to the conclusion that both parties in this country are full of people that are truly sick in the head.

Because no one lives there?
The numbers are not nominal values they are proportional figures. Per 100,000 people, Wyoming has one of the lowest rates of gun murder in the country. But what you are arguing is entirely separate from the gun control issue. You are suggesting the population density or population of an area correlates to a higher gun murder rate. As I said before, I don't dispute that. But it is entirely separate from the issue of the rate gun ownership correlating to the rate of gun murders. In that case, no one has provided a strong correlation between the two much less a causal relationship. Whereas my contention, and this is backed up by numerous studies(one of which I linked), that the size of the black population in an area is a much stronger correlate to the rate of gun murders.

Forum List

Back