Wyatt Earps love...Josephine

Very interesting, Arch. "Tombstone" is one of my husband's favorite movies. :)

Ya it was a good movie...but did ya know that 'Virgil Earp' was the actual Marshall...at the okay corral shootout...and he went on and was a Marshall at a small town called 'San Bernardino',California even though he had lost the use of one of his arms in the shootout...he passed away in 1905...pnemonia...Wyatt passe away in a two bit apartment in Los Angeles,California at the end of the 1920's...sad so very sad!

Ya it was a good movie...but did ya know that 'Virgil Earp' was the actual Marshall...at the okay corral shootout...and he went on and was a Marshall at a small town called 'San Bernardino',California even though he had lost the use of one of his arms in the shootout...he passed away in 1905...pnemonia...Wyatt passe away in a two bit apartment in Los Angeles,California at the end of the 1920's...sad so very sad!

I didn't know. Thanks for the history! :)

REALLY helps that he was THERE. ;)

:D

You are correct...I was not there...and neither were you...however I am related to Wyatt,Virgil,Morgan vis a vis by marriage...great uncles sorta...Josie was related on my G/ma's side...and family history is passed along...even though it is not always presented in film...have a great day ol' wise one!:thanks:

You are correct...I was not there...and neither were you...however I am related to Wyatt,Virgil,Morgan vis a vis by marriage...great uncles sorta...Josie was related on my G/ma's side...and family history is passed along...even though it is not always presented in film...have a great day ol' wise one!:thanks:

Arch! You're my long-lost uncle! :D

Or wait... Maybe I'm your aunt... ;)

As I recall thats how it was represented in the movie Tombstone. Virgil was the Marshall, Wyatt just swore in right before the fight. And he was knifed and lost use of his arm in the movie.

Never saw the other movie, Wyatt Earp starring Kevin Costner. Which one was more accurate?

As I recall thats how it was represented in the movie Tombstone. Virgil was the Marshall, Wyatt just swore in right before the fight. And he was knifed and lost use of his arm in the movie.

Never saw the other movie, Wyatt Earp starring Kevin Costner. Which one was more accurate?

Virgil lost the use of his arm after the OK corral shootout...was ambushed by the survivors family...'The Cowboys'...and Wyatt was a unpaid US Marshal(More like a US Bounty hunter for pay purposes) at the time...was sworn in by Virgil for the OK corral incident!

And did you also know arch, that Virgil Earp died in Goldfield, Nevada? Have you ever been through there? That's got to be THE most dilapidated, run down town full of nothing but SHACKS i've ever been through in my life.

Also, when the Earps, especially Wyatt, lived back in Iowa, they lived many times in brothels. Wyatt Earp was arrested on two different occassions for being in a brothel. He obviously liked whores.

Forum List

Back