WTF?!

Yes. A suspension for the rest of the year would be a fitting punishment. Let’s not go overboard

Rest of the year suspension and Mason Rudolph should have the option to press assault charges. It was pure luck that the helmet hit didn't fracture his skull.

had Rudolph been severely injured then I would be in favor of a much harsher punishment , but with everything being the same I would say rest of the season is appropriate

Rest of the year suspension and Mason Rudolph should have the option to press assault charges. It was pure luck that the helmet hit didn't fracture his skull.

Lessee, late hit on the quarterback after the ball is long gone
roughing the passer knocking the QB to the ground after the play was completed
ripping the QB's helmet off his head for no good reason at all then cracking him over the skull with it assaulting him.

Ejection for the rest of the season. 1 million dollar fine.

And the really stupid thing is, the Browns had won the game with only 8 seconds left on the board!

The good news is that they play again in only 2 weeks and the Steelers now have the motivation to come back from whatever funk they were in tonight and stomp their asses with a vengeance.

Craziest thing I ever saw in nearly 50 years of watching football. I've seen players do thug moves like Suh and Sapp, but I never saw one player yank another player's helmet off and then use it as a club against that player. That can't be tolerated. I'd ban him. He should probably face assault charges.

He should be criminally charged and banned for life.

He should be banned for life.

That said, as a huge Steelers fan, it was hilarious to watch.

Craziest thing I ever saw in nearly 50 years of watching football. I've seen players do thug moves like Suh and Sapp, but I never saw one player yank another player's helmet off and then use it as a club against that player. That can't be tolerated. I'd ban him. He should probably face assault charges.
I vaguely remember Lyle Alzado back in the day ripping a guys helmet off and then throwing it at him. But this was worse for sure.

Lessee, late hit on the quarterback after the ball is long gone
roughing the passer knocking the QB to the ground after the play was completed
ripping the QB's helmet off his head for no good reason at all then cracking him over the skull with it assaulting him.

Ejection for the rest of the season. 1 million dollar fine.

And the really stupid thing is, the Browns had won the game with only 8 seconds left on the board!

The good news is that they play again in only 2 weeks and the Steelers now have the motivation to come back from whatever funk they were in tonight and stomp their asses with a vengeance.

It wasn't quite "no good reason" for yanking off Rudolph's helmet, from what I saw of the replay. It looked to me like Rudolph tried to yank off Garrett's helmet first, then Garrett decided to return the favor, only successfully. Hitting Rudolph in the head with the helmet, however, didn't seem to have any sort of justification. Garrett saw the line you shouldn't cross and he jumped right over it.

Rest of the year suspension, maybe some sort of NFL-driven community service. Hell, make him take anger management courses. An assault charge seems a bit much to me. :dunno:

I'll do you one better... Cleveland should be forced to forfeit the game. If that doesn't wake players and management up, nothing will.

Forum List

Back