WTF moment: Rand Paul willing to cooperate with President Obama

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Paul says cooperation possible with Obama on 2014 policy agenda - NBC Politics

Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, a potential contender for 2016 Republican presidential nomination, said cooperation with President Barack Obama is possible this year on infrastructure and immigration, if the efforts are limited and don’t aim to be comprehensive.

Obama will sketch out his agenda for 2014 when he delivers his State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress Tuesday night.

“The president and I don’t agree on every issue, but if you took ten issues, I think there are two or three that we agree on… and why don’t we go after the issues that we agree on?” Paul said on NBC’s Meet the Press.

He said on immigration reform, “We don’t agree on the whole comprehensive package with the Democrats, but I’ll bet you about half of it we agree on. The question is: are we willing to narrow our focus and go after things that we can agree to and get them done, or are we going to stay so polarized that we always have to have our way or the highway?”...

Probably good to remember that Sen. Paul is the JUNIOR Senator from KY.

Wonder what our TP members out there think of this.

Maybe they can agree on what the meaning of IS is.

Paul may say that there are certain items they can agree on, perhaps there are, it's just doubtful.

If we kep what he said in its proper context, he was referring to bipartisanship as a whole. And the reason that nothing gets done is because there are tons of injections on issues. Instead of focusing in on a few issues. it's always a negotiations game of give me X, and we'll compromise on Y.

He's saying that the focus should be narrowed to items that agreement, or at least a true negotiation can occur. Instead of stopping bills in their tracks because they are loaded for bare with so much excess shit that no agreement can be made. Then the bickering starts and the politically charged nonsense, such as "obstructionism" begins.

It's an obvious play on words.

The immigration reform package was a compromised package. The GOP put in their share, the Democrats put in their share. Specifically parts about enforcement the GOP put in, parts about a path to citizenship the Democrats put in, and they both agreed to the separate terms in the Senate and the measure was passed.

Paul is basically saying "hey look! Obama agreed with us about enforcement!! Let's just pass that and forget about the rest!"

Which defeats the entire premise of a "compromise" package of immigration reform.

Why would this surprise anyone? First off he is a Paul and has liberal view points like his father does. Second that's what he was elected for to work to make the country work. Depending on what he is agreeing with our dictator with is depending if I agree.... Chances are I wont be in agreement. Rand hasn't impressed me much. He is looking like his father more and more.

It's an obvious play on words.

The immigration reform package was a compromised package. The GOP put in their share, the Democrats put in their share. Specifically parts about enforcement the GOP put in, parts about a path to citizenship the Democrats put in, and they both agreed to the separate terms in the Senate and the measure was passed.

Paul is basically saying "hey look! Obama agreed with us about enforcement!! Let's just pass that and forget about the rest!"

Which defeats the entire premise of a "compromise" package of immigration reform.

No, he's saying that when you load a bill with shit that doesn't really pertain to the topic, you polarize it. Like saying "will give you this immigration portion of the immigration bill, and we're going to insert welfare for illegals while we're at it. THAT is what he's referring to. To keeping the debate and compromise clean by keeping the bill clean.

Why would this surprise anyone? First off he is a Paul and has liberal view points like his father does. Second that's what he was elected for to work to make the country work. Depending on what he is agreeing with our dictator with is depending if I agree.... Chances are I wont be in agreement. Rand hasn't impressed me much. He is looking like his father more and more.

Why would it surprise anyone that you "wont be in agreement" on issues you haven't even heard from him yet? You made up your mind already, what little of it you have anyway.

PS - the beer cooler is looking low on quantity and variety.

Sounds logical to me. Start working on the things you agree on and go from there. Nothing wrong with that.

Too bad more republican and democrat clowns don't adopt this way of doing things. They all think it's better to stomp their feet and point fingers rather than moving to get things done.

Why would it surprise anyone that you "wont be in agreement" on issues you haven't even heard from him yet? You made up your mind already, what little of it you have anyway.

still jealous I have the balls to work in the most dangerous job in the country?

The United States is not a dictatorship, it is a Republic based on the principles of indirect Democracy. It does not have a dictator, it has a duly elected president, and our current President, Barack H. Obama (D), was re-elected in November, 2012, fair and square.

Whine much?

The United States is not a dictatorship, it is a Republic based on the principles of indirect Democracy. It does not have a dictator, it has a duly elected president, and our current President, Barack H. Obama (D), was re-elected in November, 2012, fair and square.

Whine much?
It is called giving my opinion Boop.

still jealous I have the balls to work in the most dangerous job in the country?

rofl_logo.jpg

Astronaut: dangerous job
pilot: dangerous job
cop: dangerous job
tornado videographer: dangerous job.

7-11 clerk: :lol:

Whine much?
It is called giving my opinion Boop.

My name is not Boop, it is Statistikhengst. Do confusion much?

Sounds logical to me. Start working on the things you agree on and go from there. Nothing wrong with that.

Too bad more republican and democrat clowns don't adopt this way of doing things. They all think it's better to stomp their feet and point fingers rather than moving to get things done.

But I find it unwise to use false equivalency. One side of the spectrum is FAR more intransigent than the other, has been so since 2009.

rofl_logo.jpg

You really are stupid Boop. Maybe you should do some research.

Convenience Store Clerks' Jobs Among The Most Dangerous - Daily Press

rofl_logo.jpg

Now is probably a good time to point out that is has been confirmed that I am not a sock, that Connery has confirmed this twice, that we are not in the flame zone and that constantly calling a member a sock is a form of harassment. Either you are smart enough to realize that or you are not. But this will be the final warning from me to you - no other warnings will follow. Every time you call me a sock, I will report it. Every single time. I am not the same person as [MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] and it is about time for you to finally get this through your head. This issue will now be permanently laid to rest, either one way, or the other. End of story.

[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] [MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

:eusa_eh:

Paul says cooperation possible with Obama on 2014 policy agenda - NBC Politics

Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, a potential contender for 2016 Republican presidential nomination, said cooperation with President Barack Obama is possible this year on infrastructure and immigration, if the efforts are limited and don’t aim to be comprehensive.

Obama will sketch out his agenda for 2014 when he delivers his State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress Tuesday night.

“The president and I don’t agree on every issue, but if you took ten issues, I think there are two or three that we agree on… and why don’t we go after the issues that we agree on?” Paul said on NBC’s Meet the Press.

He said on immigration reform, “We don’t agree on the whole comprehensive package with the Democrats, but I’ll bet you about half of it we agree on. The question is: are we willing to narrow our focus and go after things that we can agree to and get them done, or are we going to stay so polarized that we always have to have our way or the highway?”...

Probably good to remember that Sen. Paul is the JUNIOR Senator from KY.

Wonder what our TP members out there think of this.

What will he want in return?

rofl_logo.jpg

Now is probably a good time to point out that is has been confirmed that I am not a sock, that Connery has confirmed this twice, that we are not in the flame zone and that constantly calling a member a sock is a form of harassment. Either you are smart enough to realize that or you are not. But this will be the final warning from me to you - no other warnings will follow. Every time you call me a sock, I will report it. Every single time. I am not the same person as [MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] and it is about time for you to finally get this through your head. This issue will now be permanently laid to rest, either one way, or the other. End of story.

[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] [MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION] [MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION]

I reported him yesterday. It's harassment, and I find no reason to tolerate it.

Forum List

Back