WTF is going on with this?!

Okay so me and Mr. Lucy have a friend, he's a nice person and would help anyone and often does.

The problem is his wife who literally controls his entire life, he has no life of his own, he has no time to himself, she has him basically trained to do what she tells him. When he's at work she is phoning him all the time, usually with trivial things, we know this because he has shown us his phone and the amount of calls a day he gets from her. If he does a job as a favour for someone she is phoning him at random when he's doing the job, we know this as he did a job for us and his wife phoned him TWO TIMES in 30 minutes to see when he was going home.

Its as if she CANNOT let him out of her sight, that she wants him in the house at ALL times he is NOT at work. Mr. Lucy plays Squash and asked him did he want to join the Squash Club and play a game a few times a week and he said he couldn't spare the time because he has a ton of jobs to do at home, jobs that his wife literally seems to have WAITING for him as SOON as he gets through the door.

She will do things to create MORE jobs to keep him in the house eg. he said during his holiday time he was having to redecorate because his wife had torn off some wallpaper to indicate she wanted the bedroom redecorating. Now he has 10 days off again on holiday beginning yesterday and she has decided they need a new bathroom, not a few things but an ENTIRE new bathroom which he will be putting in himself.

He often acts as my Maintenance man on some apartments I rent out, I literally a month ago got rid of a NIGHTMARE tenant and there is some damage inside the apartment that he promised he would do, of course he can't do this now because his wife has things she has created for him to do, we think deliberately because she is so insecure she cannot handle him doing things for anyone else because she wants him at home where she can keep an eye of him and control him.

On Saturday Mr. Lucy saw him and mentioned when was he going to be able to do the Maintenance on this apartment I mention above, this is when we found she has decided he had to put an ENTIRE new bathroom in their house. Mr. Lucy said to him what EVERYONE has already thought that he couldn't do the Maintenance because his wife doesn't want him to do it. He then started SCREAMING ABUSE at Mr. Lucy probably because he KNOWS what Mr. Lucy said to him was correct.

Last week he was at our house and his wife gets home at approx 5.15PM and so at 5.45PM she phones him and literally says to him that she was going to bed because quote "I'm sick of being on my own" WTF?! On average the man has NO LIFE, he cannot MOVE without she is checking on him, she has him in the house doing shit for her on average FIVE HOURS a day during the week 6PM-11PM and ALL WEEKEND doing shit for her.

She won't even allow him to have his own bank account, they have a Joint Account so she can keep track, this results in him NEVER having ANY money of his own to spend because SHE controls the account and has all the bank account numbers and the CARD. With this I should add that SHE ran up a 25.000 DEBT two years ago by Maxing out their previous card, she then sat on her buttocks while he got TWO other jobs to work round the clock to pay HER DEBT and he did that for a quiet life, yes she seems to go batshit IF he does not do EVERYTHING she says. She also at random plays the Threatening To Kill Herself Card and the You Would Be Better Without Me Card to further put him firmly under her control.

WTF is WRONG with this woman? I would NEVER treat Mr. Lucy this way. I am totally disgusted at how this man has allowed himself to be controlled by this woman like this, WTF why doesn't he get some balls and tell her: He needs time on his own, he needs a LIFE that does NOT revolve around being around her 24/7, he wants his OWN bank account and he would like to join Mr . Lucy's Squash Club and play a game a few times a week.

She needs to be housebroken. Takes a master to do that though.

They are older than we are, they've been married at least 20 years and so after 20 years it would seem impossible for any housebroken thing, it seems she has had him Conditioned for a very long time, so much that he's used to it. He once showed us some pictures of him before he was married and he was heavily into riding his Motorcycle and camping and general Outdoor type hobbies, well since we have known him he has done ZERO of that and we have known him about 6 years now. Oh I forgot this must have been in January or about that time he bought a TON of camping equipment and asked could he store it in our second garage and we said okay, so he came around and put it all in there and about three weeks later he came around and took it all out of there and the next thing we found was that he had it ALL up for sale on eBay. Mr. Lucy said that his wife probably found out and that was why all of a sudden he was selling the new camping equipment because SHE decided he was NOT going to start going camping again.

I think it's IMPORTANT when you are married to also have time to yourself, to see your friends and do things and go out without your other half. You do have to keep a certain amount of Independence, this to me I think is healthy.
She can still be broken in. All he has to do is tell her to shut up or he will leave. She’s past child bearing age so there is zero reason to put up with her bullshit if she is going to be a hag. Sounds like he’d be better off living in a trailer than stay with her if she doesn’t change.

Okay so me and Mr. Lucy have a friend, he's a nice person and would help anyone and often does.

The problem is his wife who literally controls his entire life, he has no life of his own, he has no time to himself, she has him basically trained to do what she tells him. When he's at work she is phoning him all the time, usually with trivial things, we know this because he has shown us his phone and the amount of calls a day he gets from her. If he does a job as a favour for someone she is phoning him at random when he's doing the job, we know this as he did a job for us and his wife phoned him TWO TIMES in 30 minutes to see when he was going home.

Its as if she CANNOT let him out of her sight, that she wants him in the house at ALL times he is NOT at work. Mr. Lucy plays Squash and asked him did he want to join the Squash Club and play a game a few times a week and he said he couldn't spare the time because he has a ton of jobs to do at home, jobs that his wife literally seems to have WAITING for him as SOON as he gets through the door.

She will do things to create MORE jobs to keep him in the house eg. he said during his holiday time he was having to redecorate because his wife had torn off some wallpaper to indicate she wanted the bedroom redecorating. Now he has 10 days off again on holiday beginning yesterday and she has decided they need a new bathroom, not a few things but an ENTIRE new bathroom which he will be putting in himself.

He often acts as my Maintenance man on some apartments I rent out, I literally a month ago got rid of a NIGHTMARE tenant and there is some damage inside the apartment that he promised he would do, of course he can't do this now because his wife has things she has created for him to do, we think deliberately because she is so insecure she cannot handle him doing things for anyone else because she wants him at home where she can keep an eye of him and control him.

On Saturday Mr. Lucy saw him and mentioned when was he going to be able to do the Maintenance on this apartment I mention above, this is when we found she has decided he had to put an ENTIRE new bathroom in their house. Mr. Lucy said to him what EVERYONE has already thought that he couldn't do the Maintenance because his wife doesn't want him to do it. He then started SCREAMING ABUSE at Mr. Lucy probably because he KNOWS what Mr. Lucy said to him was correct.

Last week he was at our house and his wife gets home at approx 5.15PM and so at 5.45PM she phones him and literally says to him that she was going to bed because quote "I'm sick of being on my own" WTF?! On average the man has NO LIFE, he cannot MOVE without she is checking on him, she has him in the house doing shit for her on average FIVE HOURS a day during the week 6PM-11PM and ALL WEEKEND doing shit for her.

She won't even allow him to have his own bank account, they have a Joint Account so she can keep track, this results in him NEVER having ANY money of his own to spend because SHE controls the account and has all the bank account numbers and the CARD. With this I should add that SHE ran up a 25.000 DEBT two years ago by Maxing out their previous card, she then sat on her buttocks while he got TWO other jobs to work round the clock to pay HER DEBT and he did that for a quiet life, yes she seems to go batshit IF he does not do EVERYTHING she says. She also at random plays the Threatening To Kill Herself Card and the You Would Be Better Without Me Card to further put him firmly under her control.

WTF is WRONG with this woman? I would NEVER treat Mr. Lucy this way. I am totally disgusted at how this man has allowed himself to be controlled by this woman like this, WTF why doesn't he get some balls and tell her: He needs time on his own, he needs a LIFE that does NOT revolve around being around her 24/7, he wants his OWN bank account and he would like to join Mr . Lucy's Squash Club and play a game a few times a week.

She needs to be housebroken. Takes a master to do that though.

They are older than we are, they've been married at least 20 years and so after 20 years it would seem impossible for any housebroken thing, it seems she has had him Conditioned for a very long time, so much that he's used to it. He once showed us some pictures of him before he was married and he was heavily into riding his Motorcycle and camping and general Outdoor type hobbies, well since we have known him he has done ZERO of that and we have known him about 6 years now. Oh I forgot this must have been in January or about that time he bought a TON of camping equipment and asked could he store it in our second garage and we said okay, so he came around and put it all in there and about three weeks later he came around and took it all out of there and the next thing we found was that he had it ALL up for sale on eBay. Mr. Lucy said that his wife probably found out and that was why all of a sudden he was selling the new camping equipment because SHE decided he was NOT going to start going camping again.

I think it's IMPORTANT when you are married to also have time to yourself, to see your friends and do things and go out without your other half. You do have to keep a certain amount of Independence, this to me I think is healthy.
She can still be broken in. All he has to do is tell her to shut up or he will leave. She’s past child bearing age so there is zero reason to put up with her bullshit if she is going to be a hag. Sounds like he’d be better off living in a trailer than stay with her if she doesn’t change.

Well we better not go there right now, he's actually NOT speaking to us right now after Mr. Lucy told him the reason WHY he can't do something is because he wife won't let him do it.

WTF is wrong with the woman?

I have a better question; what the fuk is wrong with that MAN?

If he's fine with it, the only problem here is
You Need a New Handyman.

Pat yourself on the back for having a healthier relationship.

I just see it that Mr. Lucy respects me and I respect him, if he wants to go and and do something I do not expect that I have to be there with him and vice versa. I myself do not consider it normal for married peoples to literally be around each other EVERY waking moment and phoning each other ALL the time. Okay when you first are together this is how it is, you are around each other 24/7 but after a few years you sort of settle down and have your Independence also.

This woman is obviously VERY insecure and as you said and we agree she is also VERY jealous.

Is his wife at least hot?

She and he are older than we are, I saw a picture when she was younger and she was okay but now she's all facially bloated, oh I forgot we think she has a drinking problem, this because on more than one occasion Mr. Lucy and me have watched her down two bottles of wine to herself in ONE sitting. The last time was a few weeks ago when it was their daughter's 19th birthday and they had a party in the garden. Oh yes a party that got out of hand after Mr. Lucy and me went home and at approx 2AM the police had to go to their house because of the MASSIVE noise level. I only found this out on the Monday when I got into my Office and was looking at recent Reports and I saw a Report on THEM and was like WTF?!

The alcohol is the problem here. She needs treatment.

Yes we better not go there, as she does not recognise she has a problem if this is suggested this would cause not a good situation.

When I was drinking my wife was a patient angel for 40 years. The last 4 or 5 years she went to Al Anon and our relationship was greatly improved. at age 55 I volunteered to go to an alcohol rehab center for a month and I have been sober for 26 years. You might suggest Al Anon to him. It's a program for spouses and families of alcoholics. It's free and worldwide. It teaches them how to cope and how to subtly help the alcoholic recover.

She and he are older than we are, I saw a picture when she was younger and she was okay but now she's all facially bloated, oh I forgot we think she has a drinking problem, this because on more than one occasion Mr. Lucy and me have watched her down two bottles of wine to herself in ONE sitting. The last time was a few weeks ago when it was their daughter's 19th birthday and they had a party in the garden. Oh yes a party that got out of hand after Mr. Lucy and me went home and at approx 2AM the police had to go to their house because of the MASSIVE noise level. I only found this out on the Monday when I got into my Office and was looking at recent Reports and I saw a Report on THEM and was like WTF?!

Yes we better not go there, as she does not recognise she has a problem if this is suggested this would cause not a good situation.

When I was drinking my wife was a patient angel for 40 years. The last 4 or 5 years she went to Al Anon and our relationship was greatly improved. at age 55 I volunteered to go to an alcohol rehab center for a month and I have been sober for 26 years. You might suggest Al Anon to him. It's a program for spouses and families of alcoholics. It's free and worldwide. It teaches them how to cope and how to subtly help the alcoholic recover.

bump: See new link

Sounds like a woman that has been cheated on or is guilting of cheating herself...
Or one of her parents were serial cheaters.

She was married before, from what I was told he was NOT a nice man and he abused her, also I think he had a drinking problem, I also think he died although I'm not 100% certain of that. No idea about what her parents were like, all I know is that her brothers and sisters do NOT talk to her. I know this because last year I was at their house and our friends brother came around and also I have seenhim with his other brother on a different occasion, and he said that his wife's brothers and sisters do NOT talk to her. I did not ask him to elaborate though about this.

I do know that she LITERALLY has no RL friends, she has Facebook Friends but I have NEVER seen her out and about with RL friends.

She sounds like she has an obsessive disorder and her poor husband is a co-dependent in the abusive relationship. That is evident from how he lashed out at your husband defending his wife.

This is what Mr. Lucy said, also if that was the other way around and HE would have said to Mr. Lucy that he couldn't do something because I wouldn't allow him to do it then Mr. Lucy would have responded something like "Don't be stupid what are you talking about?" he would NOT have LOST IT and started SCREAMING ABUSE.

I have a vision in my head from years ago, this was when Papa confronted a friend of his who was an Alcoholic and he went MEGA BATSHIT and literally had to be restrained because if not he was going to punch Papa for saying he was an Alcoholic and needed help.

Lexapro...I'm not kidding.

She is going to work him into an early grave.

I think she is already on some kind of antidepressant.

I think she is already on some kind of antidepressant.
O! Shit!

I have a vision in my head from years ago, this was when Papa confronted a friend of his who was an Alcoholic and he went MEGA BATSHIT and literally had to be restrained because if not he was going to punch Papa for saying he was an Alcoholic and needed help.
Oh definitely, the person with the obsession or addiction most of the time will vehemently deny they have a problem. I feel for the husband, it would take something drastic for him to get his wife to recognize how bad things are.

For example, raising kids. Kids that are spoiled brats, and mistreat their parents, they do that because their parents let them be ungrateful and spoiled
Hey, kinda like Seattle and every major Democrat city that REFUSES to discipline their out of control brats. There seems to be absolutely no punishment or consequences for their behavior

Feminism. On both counts.

Forum List

Back